• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Whos got that mid-summer no skiing depression?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Ah... my skis, boots, jackets, helmet, and googles all hang out in the same closet. Maybe I should put a mic and recorder in there. I wonder if they talk s@#t about my pants?

They might. Have caught all my gear talking a little smack about me at times. Have also noticed they kind of take revenge on me the first day or two of the season.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
They might. Have caught all my gear talking a little smack about me at times. Have also noticed they kind of take revenge on me the first day or two of the season.
Oh my god... I've had an epiphany. I had a first day a couple of seasons ago at Sunday River where I fell like 3 times in the first hour on groomers, and didn't feel like I could turn. I thought it was just because I sucked... but now I realize that it must have been my skis getting revenge for locking them in a closet all summer!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Oh my god... I've had an epiphany. I had a first day a couple of seasons ago at Sunday River where I fell like 3 times in the first hour on groomers, and didn't feel like I could turn. I thought it was just because I sucked... but now I realize that it must have been my skis getting revenge for locking them in a closet all summer!

Have considered buying a walk in freezer to keep ski equipment in during the off season to help avoid this problem. The Wife thinks that might be at bit excessive, the doctor agrees with her.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
See, you need to pay them more attention in the summertime!

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Cheer up. It will soon look like this again:

car-snow.jpg
pat-snow.jpg

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Today is the first time I have felt an itch to ski & I've been working remote with this view from my porch office. I also think
today is the first time I've logged into Pugski since April hence I am really feeling the itch to talk skis & snow

IMG_5578-2.jpg

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Went in for a boot fitting assessment last weekend and it definitely roughy back the itch,

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Living where I do doesn't help but I feel like a psych patient off my meds without skiing to balance me out, especially this time of year. Who is with me on the crazy train? Let's create a support group.

Its not much the lack of skiing but the lack of concerts (Red Rocks :( ), brewery outings, cookouts, hanging out with friends, people I love getting sick, decrease in income, extra expenditures (PPE) and just added stress from air travel and even errands. Summers are usually VERY nice here in Colorado, nice enough to get me by happily between ski seasons.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think the word "depression" might be overstating my feelings a little. I've been working from home since mid-March, taking a lot of long walks and hikes in our hilly terrain for exercise. doing yard work, and limiting our travels considerably. So I find myself falling into reveries about great moments from past ski seasons, launching myself down one of my favorite runs, and looking forward to whatever days I get this coming season.

Sponsor

Staff online