• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Whos got that mid-summer no skiing depression?

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Living where I do doesn't help but I feel like a psych patient off my meds without skiing to balance me out, especially this time of year. Who is with me on the crazy train? Let's create a support group.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Living where I do doesn't help but I feel like a psych patient off my meds without skiing to balance me out, especially this time of year. Who is with me on the crazy train? Let's create a support group.

I'll join. What's even worse is the thought that there won't be much more skiing in the future because of how warm the planet has gotten...:(

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Oh dear god yes....I've gotten some kayaking and hiking and such in, but I need to be on skis soon. Maybe Chile or NZ if I can find the time.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor

I'm in. I already had a few ski dreamsthis summer. I am not sending cliffs or anything fancy. I just dream I am doing what I do when I ski. And it makes me so happy. And then I wake up

:philgoat:

Oh well ...

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Not it.

I raced in the Epworth Cup on July 8th after not skiing the whole month of June. :eek:

20180708_130035.jpg

Then I went to Mt. Hood.

A teaser:

20180713_090857-jpg.49315

In years gone by I've skied every month for one or two years straight. Not anymore. Too much to do, so little time.

I'd be happy to ski every month, every day for that matter, but variety is the spice of life, so I vary it up. Heck I haven't even set foot on a sailboat this summer, speaking of varying my routine.

Last edited:

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Gear fondling helps, bur my favorite medications for this time of the year is to bug the heck out of gear reviewers, pester shops both brick and mortar and on-line for next season's gear arrival date, strategize upcoming gear acquisition, etc.

And lots of Sapphire + Fevert-Tree.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
While I miss skiing and I hate how hot it has been I'm not wishing away the last of my summer for once because when it's over I'm full into law school for the next 4 years.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
It has not been too bad. Been working my ass off (literally) around the newly acquired Redneck Hilton, and too busy to jones on skiing yet.

Probably off to a work project pretty soon and with all of the down time it could get rough; especially in Denver, the land of ski shops and sales.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier

About as far from snow as it gets!

3B2EB1D0-45ED-4061-9DBA-C209D0C3BA64.jpeg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Usually getting started in summer is the hardest part for me. However this past season I skied until may 6th and this really helped my reverse sad. Fast forward into farmers markets, sailing, trip to Newport, Rhode island, 4th of July in Vermont and now I'm in Scotland. When we come back it'll be about august 1st. Then it's pre season football and happy times from there. This has been a great summer and my first where I'm not going apeshit by now. I'll get a little antsy by September but the end of October will be here soon enough. I don't want to wish summer away as I've fun things planned over the next 2 months. I did just buy a pair of skis and have had a couple ski dreams so it's coming. .....

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Years are different for me. Sometimes I start thinking skiing in July, more often September and sometimes in between. Last year it was early August.

This year I am in charge of my ski club's trips for next winter and right now skiing is a PITA of dealing with contracts and schedules and pricing. So even though my ski travel is mostly planned or at least earmarked for next season I am in full summer mode.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Two months into the healing season with two months to go before any sign of cold weather. Starting to get a tad antsy. Reviewing this year's spring skiing videos with my mogul coach when his wife came home from work looking at us with pity. Tough being hard core in the summer heat.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Not until September when the ski mag's come out. Or do they still besides Ski Canada. I'm in the market of new front side carvers, so keeping an eye on things. Really want to speak to the Rossi rep, but the stupid guy is getting married....Nah, really he's a great guy and deserved the best, which I think he's got.

I might have a trip to Calgary in early November. So I might get to at least see some snow.

Sponsor

Staff online