• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's for Lunch Today?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The Corner Cafe & Deli in Somerset. It's next door to my shop. He's normally not that creative but he had to come up with some specials for Lent.
Thanks, always looking to find good cab cakes.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
enhanced-28162-1432918646-1.jpg

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^Great venue for a lunch break. How's their base holding up? West still skiing well?

This morning I got started early as well. Leftover Fajitas Tejanos (steak chicken and shrimp with onions and peppers) got tossed on top of three scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese to build an "Omelette Tejanos". It was fantastic!

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
^^^Great venue for a lunch break. How's their base holding up? West still skiing well?

This morning I got started early as well. Leftover Fajitas Tejanos (steak chicken and shrimp with onions and peppers) got tossed on top of three scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese to build an "Omelette Tejanos". It was fantastic!

West was closed today. I heard on Wednesday they lost a lot. Ended up closing Thursday and blamed the wind, but they actually needed time to move snow and groom it. Temp then dropped and they must have blasted the mountain because there were soft bumps on many trails.

So considering that, the conditions were pretty good today.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks for the conditions report, I heard they shut down Wednesday. Belleayre actually lost power and shut as well, no real loss since they only had 8 customers from what I heard.

Hopeful that they are open in the coming weeks so we can make some turns together.

Today's lunch and the view from the table

IMG_1940.JPG IMG_1944.JPG

Uncle-A

Skier
Grilled chicken, red roasted peppers wrapped in prosciutto and covered with melted mozzarella. LouCas restaurant Edison, NJ
Sorry no photos I just dug in before thinking about this thread.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Grilled chicken, red roasted peppers wrapped in prosciutto and covered with melted mozzarella. LouCas restaurant Edison, NJ
Sorry no photos I just dug in before thinking about this thread.

I guess you live close by. Just passed there on my way home.

Uncle-A

Skier
Still think I'd rather be where you are.

The restaurant at Blue has much better food for reasonable prices.
Yes the Slope Side pub has good food, Friday I had the Shrimp Tacos they were very good.

ella_g

Getting off the lift
Skier
Did belleayre lose power during the week? They lost power last Sunday, like a week ago today, for half of the day ... around ten people were running around & I heard a guy saying "did anyone call the power company?" Ha.
We were there Monday & were literally the only people except a group of 75+yo snowboarders and a random couple.
Starting thurs they made a ton of snow, and they're saying they'll be open until Easter. Lots of people this weekend, and all the lifts were working

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Leftovers from @Chance of Snow's WWE Fastlane PPV watch party last night.. Buffalo and BBQ wings with pizza rolls. No, not eating ALL of it today.,. stay tuned..

17155753_1592206924128173_4932664526360828599_n.jpg

His usual wrestling fan friends were both out of town leaving it strictly a family affair so had some leftovers..

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@ella_g - sorry for the delay in responding, I've been busy skiing

I happen to stop at jimmys shop and everyone was sitting in the dark just before closing up - I live local and can tell you we had gail force winds.

No photo of lunch in the alps but it was spaghetti with fresh parma and a Red Bull and very good

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmm, a lot of these pictures/posts are making me hungry.My only option for lunch today is scrambled eggs and an apple. Looks like I need to do some shopping. :doh:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmm, a lot of these pictures/posts are making me hungry.My only option for lunch today is scrambled eggs and an apple. Looks like I need to do some shopping. :doh:

I'd go hungry many times if not for making sure I always have eggs in the fridge. Always.

Today's lunch was a Blake's shepherd's pie and a cucumber.

Sponsor

Staff online