• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's for Lunch Today?

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
A classic ski club lunch at Mammoth Mountain "back in the day" was a couple of hard-boiled eggs and a Gatorade. Good fuel for the afternoon, relatively inexpensive, and not so filling that it made for an uncomfortably full stomach.

And pull my finger fun for the long car ride home!

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Going Mediterranean today: A frequent light at home weekend lunch: Canned sardines, artichokes, capers, and sour cream salad on top of multi-grain crackers.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Novita in Metuchen. Killer food.

I lived 5 years in Metuchen. So many memories. Antonio's was a staple. We all loved their wood fired oven, really authentic pizza. Actually, I am firing my wood fired oven for pizza as we speak! I'll see if I remember to stick a picture here later ...

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Cheseburgers grilled on the back deck. No photo...GONE!

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I lived 5 years in Metuchen. So many memories. Antonio's was a staple. We all loved their wood fired oven, really authentic pizza. Actually, I am firing my wood fired oven for pizza as we speak! I'll see if I remember to stick a picture here later ...

Small world. We now have 6 places serving pizza downtown and Antonio's is still the best. You wouldn't recognize the town. Just put up a parking deck, condos and stores where the commuter lot was and Whole Foods is finally going in where Boro Hardware was.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Small world. We now have 6 places serving pizza downtown and Antonio's is still the best. You wouldn't recognize the town. Just put up a parking deck, condos and stores where the commuter lot was and Whole Foods is finally going in where Boro Hardware was.
No way! Boro is gone! But Whole Foods is good news :)

Here is my lunch. (Well, one of the pies)

Cheers!

20170311_134529.jpg

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Had flour tortillas leftover from a project last week. Spouse wanted fish tacos, but there's no good ones near by.

Went to a neighborhood fried fish place. Got clams and fish and chips. Had the rest of the trimmings at home. A nice change from our usual pantry....

Clams tacos...

Attachments

• DSC_0038.JPG
    DSC_0038.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 4
TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I have a hunch this thread will be FULL OF WIN!!!! on Mother's Day at The Beach..

Q-ShaQ smoked turkey with swiss samiches prepared last night for last ski day of the season..

17309009_1601460973202768_1027075577355914656_n.jpg

Parked in lot 2 next to the slopes at Wintergreen.. supposed to be a VIP lot but I don't think they were enforcing it today or anytime after February..

17155888_1601461023202763_8993282634040078084_n.jpg

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@crgildart - how's wintergreen skiing ?
What a great mountain when there's snow especially if you have on mountain accommodations.
Fond memories of the place in the 80s helping build quite a few of the condos, are the Highlands open ?

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Highlands had one (er umm "two" trails open, Cliffhanger to Wild Turkey). They were blowing snow all day so I guess they are serious about being open at least one more weekend. Skied highlands for an hour, no line. Took a lunch break, had to drive over to lot 2 because there was not snow to ski there. Skied Acorn lift for another couple hours before hitting the road.. I'm three hours away. WG and Appalachian are about the same distance and drive. Beech and Sugar a little bit farther but also worth the drive on a good day.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
On days when I'm at Deer Valley the salad bar often has my name on it. Towards the end of the season things get creative. Today it's salmon, tomato/BBQ purée roasted peppers and olive oil, chicken pot pie salad, DV 3 bean, BBQ mushrooms al caponata, topped with a little Pecorino.

All for less than the cost of a hamburger at a Vail Resort and healthy.
IMG_1933.JPG

Jersey Skier

Skier
On days when I'm at Deer Valley the salad bar often has my name on it. Towards the end of the season things get creative. Today it's salmon, tomato/BBQ purée roasted peppers and olive oil, chicken pot pie salad, DV 3 bean, BBQ mushrooms al caponata, topped with a little Pecorino.

All for less than the cost of a hamburger at a Vail Resort and healthy.

When my son was 10 we did a father, son trip to Utah. At DV he took a plate from the salad bar and just filled it with mozzarella balls to go with his chicken fingers. Thankfully, the cashier thought it was cute and didn't charge the full price for the salad bar. Said it only looked like a dollars worth.

I just ate Corned Beef with grilled onions and an over easy egg on a hard roll for lunch. Forgot to take a picture.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No lunch for me. It's spring break and patrol is nearly overwhelmed.

Jersey Skier

Skier
Forgot about this thread.

Here is my Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap from Camelback on Wednesday. Washed it down with a Goose Island IPA and 2 feet of snow.

ceas.JPG

Nothing exciting since, though there was a Yuge Corned Beef Sandwich yesterday.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
DSC_0041.JPG Didn't want to do the usual at home cheap canned/instant weekend lunch...
Though I have to admit the oysters in this pancake came in a jar

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online