• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Welcome EpicSki Migrants

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I can never remember names at parties. I much preferred memorable handles. Sure, "Monique" is easy to remember. But, for example,.... quick! which jeff is Anachronism? N or B?

N.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The wife grew up in California and spent the last ten years of her career in San Diego. Her folks are still there. We're getting ready to retire here in the next couple of years and our money is well sheltered. Whether I continue to work or not is up in the air. I doubt it, but I'm not resistant to taking on a project or two a year depending on scope and duration. We shall see........The mountain house will be one of two residences, large, likely with horses, and set up for the family to enjoy. We have 11 grandchildren....so far.....

If you want a horse property, Genoa/Gardnerville/Minden is where to look..

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Wife and I have been looking at properties (online only for the moment) in Truckee. Expect to get out there later this year and do some scouting. Torn between Utah and Tahoe...... Love it there, just worry about the California tax trap........
Yup. That's why we have also included Reno on our list. We are 2 years out and looking at Bend, Oregon because BACHELOR and nice town, great summer options, decent hospital. Flagstaff because great town, close proximity to Utah and Colorado - Snowbowl is a good mountain with much improvement in recent years, and great tax advantages, also nice summer climate. Reno - TAHOE and all that that implies! Great tax advantages; all the pluses and minuses of a city, way hot summers.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yup. That's why we have also included Reno on our list. We are 2 years out and looking at Bend, Oregon because BACHELOR and nice town, great summer options, decent hospital. Flagstaff because great town, close proximity to Utah and Colorado - Snowbowl is a good mountain with much improvement in recent years, and great tax advantages, also nice summer climate. Reno - TAHOE and all that that implies! Great tax advantages; all the pluses and minuses of a city, way hot summers.

T
hat is the advantage of living at the lake. Just gets into the 80s and cools off nicely at night

NPhoenix

Joe G
Skier

The only thing Flagstaff is missing is a good lake. Lake Powell is a couple hours away though.

Sponsor

Staff online