• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Right!
Thats why we have each other.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Saw this.
Had to share.
Cheers :rocks:
Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 6.53.51 PM.png

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Covid-19 is changing the way I approach my fitness...or lack thereof...

Humbug!!!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Covid-19 is changing the way I approach my fitness...or lack thereof...

Humbug!!!
Hold on.
This is not normal times and we're all reaching for ways to work on our fitness goals.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It is so far from normal times...In normal times I would have lost another 5 lb. on my March and April ski trips. But that was BC.

AC I am spending too much time at home and too much time on my phone/computer. I seem to be nibbling compulsively. I haven't done that since last June until this week, but I'm having a really hard time stopping.

I am having a very hard time getting motivated to work on projects in the yard or in the house.

But I am motivated to nibble...

I guess that one of these days my scale will convince me to change my evil ways...

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My scale convinced me today - another 2 lbs up for a total of 4 - it's time to change my evil ways. Luckily, the chips are gone and we've almost finished the cookies!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am up 2 lbs from my goal weight but not feeling terrible or doing terrible. I now I need to move more. This lack of motivation for activity has me in a bit of a slump but nothing that I can't rebound from.
I was more active today just because I kicked myself in the pants to do so.

Stay on track and be good to yourself.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I haven't made my home made oatmeal cookies in a very long time. I broke down and made them after Phil mentioned them a week ago.
I created a recipe on the WW site. Its 6 points per cookie :geek:
Never mind the glass of milk I drank with my cookies (yes I had 2)
I won't post the picture here, but its in the Cooking/Baking thread
Don't look if you don't want to be tempted :D #169

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Quarantining has put me into some old lazy habits to the point where I got on the scale yesterday and it showed 189.8. It was sobering. While I haven't been tracking ponts for about 3 months, I have been mentally counting and keeping between 25 and say 40 which is "maintenance mode" for me per Weight Watchers. My immediate goal was to get to 187 point something today, I was was close with 188.0 this AM. next goal is 185 point something this weekend then 183 something next weekend. With the weather breaking here in Reno, the bikes will be coming out and I see it as obtainable...I just need to be smart and get back to basics.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Every day is a battle for me. So far I have only gained about 3 lb. which has me still below my goal weight.

But I seem to be nibbling way too much and doing way too little. The recent rainy weather is also taking a toll.

Good luck to @Philpug and to everyone who is fighting this battle in the Covid-19 world. You can do this!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Every day is a battle for me. So far I have only gained about 3 lb. which has me still below my goal weight.

But I seem to be nibbling way too much and doing way too little. The recent rainy weather is also taking a toll.

Good luck to @Philpug and to everyone who is fighting this battle in the Covid-19 world. You can do this!
I gained a total of 7 lbs during this but am now dealing with the bounce between 3 lbs over goal and 5 lbs over goal.
All in all, I'm telling myself that I'm still in a better place than I was a year ago, but am also a bit pissed at myself that I'm not where I was 4 months ago.
Granted, some of this gain was from ski travel just before all the COVID stuff happened, but still...dammit.

Now, that being said, I fit in all my clothes, and I'm feeling amazing about other things that I'm accomplishing during this crazy time.

Meanwhile, I got this newsletter from WW yesterday and am contemplating it hard, trying to put myself in the place where others may be.
Is my jovial look on life possibly a stumbling block for someone who has a bigger battle?
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 10.18.48 PM.png

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Flattening the curve goal weight .jpg

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I read a post on WW connect a few days ago from a woman who was a WW Coach who said she'd been laid off.
Then there is this news story. The headline is a little misleading in the interest of insinuating that something horrible has happened, when the reality is there is no need for coaches if there are no meetings.

Some people on Connect are really upset because the virtual meetings aren't working for them and they are hoping to get back to real meetings soon.
I'd be interested to hear what some members feel who usually go to meetings.
@Coach13 ??

Here is a screen shot of the comment I read on Connect.
*The earthquake she refers to is the same one Andy Mink talks about here
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 6.31.00 AM.png

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I read a post on WW connect a few days ago from a woman who was a WW Coach who said she'd been laid off.
Then there is this news story. The headline is a little misleading in the interest of insinuating that something horrible has happened, when the reality is there is no need for coaches if there are no meetings.

Some people on Connect are really upset because the virtual meetings aren't working for them and they are hoping to get back to real meetings soon.
I'd be interested to hear what some members feel who usually go to meetings.
@Coach13 ??

Here is a screen shot of the comment I read on Connect.
*The earthquake she refers to is the same one Andy Mink talks about here
View attachment 103103

My wife and I have done a Sunday 8am (our normal meeting time in person as well) virtually since we’ve been locked down. We have a great leader so I think things have gone well meeting wise. We have continued to have great success and I’ve lost an additional 20 pounds in about 2 months, mostly due to maintaining healthy eating habits and pretty much doubling my exercise (mostly to stay sane! Lol). Not eating out has helped a lot as well.

Our group though reports mixed success and several can’t wait for the real meetings to start up again. I could be wrong but I think that Is more about the accountability of stepping on a scale in the presence of the WW person rather than meeting content, as our meetings have gone well. The other thing we hear from parents of school aged kids is that they aren’t eating as well or exercising as much, with the kids home.

At the end of the day, healthy living is about self discipline and self accountability. While I’ve learned a ton from WW and appreciate the support and encouragement I get there (and here) it’s really about me owning the responsibility for living healthy and making It work regardless of the circumstances. Not to be insensitive to others struggles, but I remind myself that if we can only be successful when things are perfect, we won’t be successful long or often.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My wife and I have done a Sunday 8am (our normal meeting time in person as well) virtually since we’ve been locked down. We have a great leader so I think things have gone well meeting wise. We have continued to have great success and I’ve lost an additional 20 pounds in about 2 months, mostly due to maintaining healthy eating habits and pretty much doubling my exercise (mostly to stay sane! Lol). Not eating out has helped a lot as well.

Our group though reports mixed success and several can’t wait for the real meetings to start up again. I could be wrong but I think that Is more about the accountability of stepping on a scale in the presence of the WW person rather than meeting content, as our meetings have gone well. The other thing we hear from parents of school aged kids is that they aren’t eating as well or exercising as much, with the kids home.

At the end of the day, healthy living is about self discipline and self accountability. While I’ve learned a ton from WW and appreciate the support and encouragement I get there (and here) it’s really about me owning the responsibility for living healthy and making It work regardless of the circumstances. Not to be insensitive to others struggles, but I remind myself that if we can only be successful when things are perfect, we won’t be successful long or often.
Congrats on the 20 pound loss.
I've been bouncing within a few pounds of my goal weight depending on what's going on here. I'm finding that all the SIP work we've been doing around our house, I've also been pretty hungry. A few days I've found myself falling back into grazing habits, but I know that's my downfall and I kinda put myself in check.
Accoutability for the win!

Do you visit WW Connect?

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Congrats on the 20 pound loss.
I've been bouncing within a few pounds of my goal weight depending on what's going on here. I'm finding that all the SIP work we've been doing around our house, I've also been pretty hungry. A few days I've found myself falling back into grazing habits, but I know that's my downfall and I kinda put myself in check.
Accoutability for the win!

Do you visit WW Connect?

I browse Connect but never post. I think it’s inspirational and informative in some cases. This forum is the only place I post and this thread is my Connect fwiw.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I browse Connect but never post. I think it’s inspirational and informative in some cases. This forum is the only place I post and this thread is my Connect fwiw.
I'm kinda the same.
I have found some inspiration and a few good recipes by following a few people, but I feel like this group is more my jam.

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
I agree with Coach about the personal
responsibility. I went off the wagon during the first month of the quarantine. Grocery shopping for my parents (we live with them) and cooking for them gave me an easy way to choose to eat more and stop tracking. I own it.

I am back on the wagon and things are going in the right direction. I have found that this works best for me if I weigh every day. A decrease is positive motivation to continue and an increase is a subtle kick in the a$$ to follow the program.
I have started keeping my points to an absolute minimum for breakfast and lunch. This allows me to have a “normal dinner” with everyone else.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online