• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What does ww have to do with fitness?

I thought it was more for weight control.
WW absolutely encourages fitness and actually has fitness classes as well as the meetings.
Tracking activity is as important as tracking food.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not doing WW but I have been posting here about my progress. I had lost about 40 lb. before our road trip in late February to Utah and Colorado. I ate sparingly for breakfast and lunch, and generally had a decent dinner. To my amazement I lost another 5 lb. on the trip. We got in 15 days of skiing!!! Great memories.

I was hoping to take a second road trip in late March. Of course that didn't happen! Now I'm struggling...there are a whole lot of factors making it difficult to maintain one's weight in today's world.

I'm still having an Atkin's protein shake for breakfast and a Built Bar for lunch. I really enjoy the bars and they keep coming out with new flavors.

(If this is inappropriate please remove.)

Below is a link which will save you $10 on your first order of Built Bars. It also gives me a small rebate. Please check it out if you're interested.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Is anyone here doing the WW video workshops while the in-person workshops are closed down? I have not, but my wife is and seems to be pleased with them.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I haven't, but then I didn't go to meetings anyway.
I do plan on finding meetings when this is over so I can get lifetime.

I will say, I'm yo-yo-ing a few pounds up and down.
Trying to stay focused on smart foods.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I haven't, but then I didn't go to meetings anyway.
I do plan on finding meetings when this is over so I can get lifetime.

I will say, I'm yo-yo-ing a few pounds up and down.
Trying to stay focused on smart foods.

My wife is lifetime and has been for years now but she attends every week and swears by the meetings. I honestly can take them or leave them but it does help keep me accountable to walk in and have someone else weigh me and record my weight. Personally I have been easily dropping weight thru all this. Not eating out and getting out and exercising multiple times a day just to stay sane has really been a good combination for my weight control battle.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Personally I have been easily dropping weight thru all this. Not eating out and getting out and exercising multiple times a day just to stay sane has really been a good combination for my weight control battle.
I have really been doing well, but I had a couple days when I caved in to cravings of comfort food. Still, I only bounced up 2 lbs, which is actually a fairly normal bounce weight considering the lack of real exercise. I *could* potentially exercise more than just walking the dog.
:D

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just got back from a walk with Gypsy. That helps. Now eating my zero point banana
:D

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Is anyone here doing the WW video workshops while the in-person workshops are closed down? I have not, but my wife is and seems to be pleased with them.
We have a friend who works (part time) for WW and she is now running several video meetings per week. Says it really helps for everyone to see familiar faces.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think that yo-yoing a bit is acceptable.

I have an upper limit for my current weight. When I get within a pound of that number I get seriously stricter about dieting.

So far this approach has been working for me. At this point, having the support and accountability of a group might be beneficial. But I do have a friend who went through the same diet in the same time frame, and we report our weight to each other every morning. We then applaud our efforts, or chat about the changes we need to make...

And my DH and I are trying to be better about exercise, especially as the weather improves.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We have a friend who works (part time) for WW and she is now running several video meetings per week. Says it really helps for everyone to see familiar faces.

My wife would echo that, plus having others sharing the same journey and hearing how others handle things. Like I said she swears by the meetings. I forget the exact stat but WW says that people who attend in-person meetings lose 15- 20% more weight than those that do not.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oh boy!
I ate(and drank) 40 points yesterday.
I'll call that my "wendy plan" day, even though I'm not currently doing the wendy plan.

That being said, I'm holding my own on the scale today.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Oh boy!
I ate(and drank) 40 points yesterday.
I'll call that my "wendy plan" day, even though I'm not currently doing the wendy plan.

That being said, I'm holding my own on the scale today.

WW leaders will tell you that you can’t successfully do this or any program if you can’t indulge from time to time. The alternative is to be perfect and who anywhere fits that definition? It’s simply an unrealistic expectation. The key, which we all know thru WW, is to enjoy it when it occurs and then re-direct back to what works for you.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm up 2 pounds. We have been walking plenty - dogs help - but I have been comfort baking. Tomorrow, I'm back on the program for a bit. I'm not trying to lose weight right now, just to stabilize at 125. When all this is over, I will get back on track to aim for that last 5 pounds.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
WW leaders will tell you that you can’t successfully do this or any program if you can’t indulge from time to time. The alternative is to be perfect and who anywhere fits that definition? It’s simply an unrealistic expectation. The key, which we all know thru WW, is to enjoy it when it occurs and then re-direct back to what works for you.
That's probably why the Wendy Plan works for so many people. For me, it kinda worked to get me off a plateau, but I have a hard time scheduling a indulgence.
But I agree, and will probably find some significant success in the coming days.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
Isn't the Wendy Plan basically having a lifestyle that provides enough movement/activity that it's not necessary to exercise and work out? Just curious.
I spent 3 weeks this summer in a small town in Iceland, Ísafjörður, taking an Icelandic language course. ...
“exercise” there isn’t something one needs to plan to do, it just happens as a matter of course. ogsmile
With that kind of lifestyle, no one needs to think about exercise!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Isn't the Wendy Plan basically having a lifestyle that provides enough movement/activity that it's not necessary to exercise and work out? Just curious.
Haha yeah, but no.
There is an actual Wendy Plan associated with WW points
It takes all your dailies and weeklies and disburses them through the week so you have, 23 points on one day and 37 points on another day and you HAVE to eat that amount of points. No more, not less.
By doing that, you're not stuck in a rut of eating specific low count foods all the time. Quite often someone doing the Wendy Plan will stop the plateau because it keeps the body guessing.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Haha yeah, but no.
There is an actual Wendy Plan associated with WW points
It takes all your dailies and weeklies and disburses them through the week so you have, 23 points on one day and 37 points on another day and you HAVE to eat that amount of points. No more, not less.
By doing that, you're not stuck in a rut of eating specific low count foods all the time. Quite often someone doing the Wendy Plan will stop the plateau because it keeps the body guessing.

I have to admit I had never heard of this before.

That’s why I love this site. There’s always something to learn and always someone who can fill in those blanks.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, I spelled it wrong. Its Wendie-Plan. When I posted about my plateau on WW connect last summer, someone on there shared this with me. I posted about it back then but only briefly (post #305 )and it probably helped me break my plateau at the time, just not a way I can do it regularly. I rarely burn through all my weeklies.

@Coach13 I was thinking about the WW meetings and how your wife gets so much out of it. I just realized that this thread is my WW meeting.

Sponsor

Staff online