• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Me too! Club Med comes with all day "lessons" that is really more of a guided ski experience with instructional tips and tidbits. We skied all three valleys yesterday for a total of 41km. I was a bit worried before going because we are the seniors of the group most of whom were mid 30s. I was definitely tired on the last run home but that was also due to a bit too much wine at our late lunch stop! Luckily, most skiing was before 2:00 and pre-wine. I don't think I could have kept up with the group last year.
Isn't that fantastic!! :yahoo:
Honestly, the last day we were in Jackson, actually skiing Targhee, I started the day on groomers, and was on the Fischer RC One 82 GT, which is a nice groomer ski, but discovered some nice stashes and chalky wind buff on some north facing slopes so I switched out to the Rossignol Rallybird Ti, which is a beast of a ski (102mm) I really figured that the Rallybird would be better for the chalky chop but I also know that its a strong ski and it would probably wear me out, but I skied with @Pumba @David Chaus and @theNitza to last chair and felt like I could have kept going if the lifts had kept going. Its been a very long time since that's happened for me.
Seriously, don't worry about it when you are sick. It will come off really quickly once you can get back to your normal eating habits. I have gained every trip this year from 2-8 lbs depending and it all came off in 1.5 weeks.
As noted in the virus thread, I went to the doctor yesterday and got meds. I was up a bit in the night peeing and peeing and peeing... This morning I'm already down 4 lbs. I figured it was water weight.

I'm feeling well rested which is something I haven't felt in several days.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Isn't that fantastic!! :yahoo:
Honestly, the last day we were in Jackson, actually skiing Targhee, I started the day on groomers, and was on the Fischer RC One 82 GT, which is a nice groomer ski, but discovered some nice stashes and chalky wind buff on some north facing slopes so I switched out to the Rossignol Rallybird Ti, which is a beast of a ski (102mm) I really figured that the Rallybird would be better for the chalky chop but I also know that its a strong ski and it would probably wear me out, but I skied with @Pumba @David Chaus and @theNitza to last chair and felt like I could have kept going if the lifts had kept going. Its been a very long time since that's happened for me.

As noted in the virus thread, I went to the doctor yesterday and got meds. I was up a bit in the night peeing and peeing and peeing... This morning I'm already down 4 lbs. I figured it was water weight.

I'm feeling well rested which is something I haven't felt in several days.

Weight is weight and down is good!

Btw-hope you’re up and around feeling great soon!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

I felt good enough that I went skiing this morning. I was going a little stir crazy.

When we are trying to stay fit and lose weight there are many factors. Among them (Not necessarily in this order)
  • Fresh air
  • Sunshine
  • Excercise
  • Water
  • Sleep
  • Healthy eating
Since returning from JH, my appetite has been off, no exercise, limited sunshine, limited fresh air, and poor sleep.
Now that I'm feeling right I'm confident I'll get back on track.

@Philpug and I went for AYCE sushi after skiing today and one of the things we noted was how, in the past, we'd order extra sushi before we finished the first tray. Since WW, we order the first tray and wait to see if we're hungry before considering another tray. Usually we don't place the second order, and we leave satisfied but not stuffed to the point of being uncomfortable.

Today I ate 14 points of sushi and mango mochi.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 4.52.53 PM.png

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Wife went back on WW after the holidays. I shadowed her fairly well, mostly cutting out the late night grazing. Dropped almost 15 pounds in about 6 weeks. Now to just maintain give or take 5 pounds. She has a tougher time dropping weight than I do because she's not able to do higher impact work, medical complications..

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wife went back on WW after the holidays. I shadowed her fairly well, mostly cutting out the late night grazing. Dropped almost 15 pounds in about 6 weeks. Now to just maintain give or take 5 pounds. She has a tougher time dropping weight than I do because she's not able to do higher impact work, medical complications..

WW works. It’s as simple as thst.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I used a coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond and got this one for my birthday last September.
I like it because it's thin enough that I can pack it if I travel for a long period of time.
I'm not paranoid about my weight when I travel but having a scale when I'm on the road for a month helps keep me on track.

We've been traveling for almost three weeks. I've been trying to watch what I eat but it's not always easy on a trip. I am really wondering how I am doing. Maybe I need a thin scale to take with me so I don't have to guess.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
She has a tougher time dropping weight than I do because she's not able to do higher impact work, medical complications..
and ... if your wife is middle age or approaching, hormonal changes make it near impossible to lose weight. For me, that!s why “some level” of maintenance was so critical. Cheer her on!

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Apparently a 3 week ski trip with lots of skiing and some restraint re food is a great recipe for weight loss. Despite my concerns over indulging in pizza, Mexican food, and Chinese food, I came home to a weight I haven't see in thirty years.

Just another reason to ski as many days as possible this season.

Yay!!! I never thought I would proudly post a photo of my scale (with me on it!) on social media.

IMG_20200307_110317183.jpg

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

I finished my course of drugs and steroids yesterday, have been feeling much better since Friday for sure, and today I stepped on the scale to see 134.
Its amazing how our uses fluids to protect ourselves and how much we take for granted in overall health.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How is everyone here doing during the pandemic?

I've been reading some on the WW Connect app and I'm kinda surprised how many people are at a loss for how to eat and stay on track without their favorite restaurants open.
Its shocking, how many people have their daily points figured out based on restaurant menus.
Phil and I are doing fine, other than I had one day when I decided to give into my cravings for tortilla chips, mashed potatoes and pasta. :D
It was sooooo good!

better cook. Better drinker.png

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How is everyone here doing during the pandemic?

I've been reading some on the WW Connect app and I'm kinda surprised how many people are at a loss for how to eat and stay on track without their favorite restaurants open.
Its shocking, how many people have their daily points figured out based on restaurant menus.
Phil and I are doing fine, other than I had one day when I decided to give into my cravings for tortilla chips, mashed potatoes and pasta. :D
It was sooooo good!

View attachment 97728
Please don't limit me. I'm working on doing both.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I joined Noom after New Years. I like having a coach to talk to. This plan is more psychology with calorie cutting. There are tasks everyday to read.

My dragon boat crew is having a distance drink tonight at 5pm via Zoom.....So that second 1/2 could be an issue....

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I joined Noom after New Years. I like having a coach to talk to. This plan is more psychology with calorie cutting. There are tasks everyday to read.

My dragon boat crew is having a distance drink tonight at 5pm via Zoom.....So that second 1/2 could be an issue....
Good for you. I like hearing about people finding something that works for them.
It took me too long to find that WW works for me.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This is one area where staying close to home has really treated me will. I eat better at home as opposed to traveling and it’s easier for me to exercise given I’m home with plenty of places to hike or bike, as well as my weight sets to use regularly. I’ve lost about 7 pds in 2 weeks with much improved cardio in a short timeframe.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is one area where staying close to home has really treated me will. I eat better at home as opposed to traveling and it’s easier for me to exercise given I’m home with plenty of places to hike or bike, as well as my weight sets to use regularly. I’ve lost about 7 pds in 2 weeks with much improved cardio in a short timeframe.
Right!!!
With our travel plans cancelled, a lot less time on our butts behind a windshield. wWe adopted a dog and are taking her for walks every day. She is going to be good for our health!
EEC23279-0E54-4D69-9C42-054F99B817EA.jpeg

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What does ww have to do with fitness?

I thought it was more for weight control.

Sponsor