• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@surfsnowgirl I lowered my bad cholesterol and raised my good cholesterol by increasing my intake of monounsaturated fats. I added nuts, olive oil, and avocado to every meal. The first time around that’s all I did and it raised my HDL enough to compensate for my LDL. In year 2, I increased skinless chicken and fish and limited red meat to 2 days a week. I never eliminated butter or eggs, but didn’t indulge every day. There is no point to substituting margarine because it’s pretty bad in its own right. I did substitute herb infused olive oil as a bread dip. That was enough to bring me into the healthy zone and no statins needed.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The big question about doing WW and changing our fitness lifestyle was;
How will this impact my skiing?
Well, we had our first day on snow today, even though it was the typical early season WROD and we were only on snow about an hour, it was pretty cool ...
  • I fit in my pants AND was able to breathe
  • I felt lighter and like I had more fluid movement on snow.
  • Even though we stood in the lift line for over an hour before the lifts turned, my legs were fine and I was feeling strong. (although my summer feet were cranky about going from sandals to ski boots)

I wore these pants at the end of the season unsnapped!
Now they snap and are almost loose.
75439300_10162147554795018_6865341975244046336_o.jpg

In case you all haven't caught on... I really appreciate the support, tips and ideas from this thread.
This is a great resource.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice RR tracks, too! Mountain biking also carries over into ski season SO well. I'm doing my best to keep on the bike during shoulder season as much as I can.

FWIW between this thread, and my sister who lost a huge amount of weight tracking calories/macros and starting Crossfit, I became motivated to start tracking my intake on the Fitbit and lost 5 pounds in the span of about 6 weeks. I quit tracking 3?? weeks ago and have kept the weight off. I was kind of like Phil in the "crap, this is easy" crowd. Some of us are lucky that way, I guess, and also, 5 pounds is not that much. I'm blessed by genetics but I've also been pretty active my entire life. Not sure my size M ski pants will fit. Guess I'll have to go shopping! :rolleyes: @utksier is in the same boat, down about 6 pounds and a few more to go. He will need new pants for sure.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Nice RR tracks, too! Mountain biking also carries over into ski season SO well. I'm doing my best to keep on the bike during shoulder season as much as I can.

FWIW between this thread, and my sister who lost a huge amount of weight tracking calories/macros and starting Crossfit, I became motivated to start tracking my intake on the Fitbit and lost 5 pounds in the span of about 6 weeks. I quit tracking 3?? weeks ago and have kept the weight off. I was kind of like Phil in the "crap, this is easy" crowd. Some of us are lucky that way, I guess, and also, 5 pounds is not that much. I'm blessed by genetics but I've also been pretty active my entire life. Not sure my size M ski pants will fit. Guess I'll have to go shopping! :rolleyes: @utksier is in the same boat, down about 6 pounds and a few more to go. He will need new pants for sure.
:golfclap::yeah:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am happy to get out of the UP only gaining 3 pounds LOL. Too many buffets and local chow that I had to watch my intake.

I gained 2.6 lbs! After 3 weeks in Europe, 12 days of which was a cruise, I’ll consider that a win!
Absolutely!

As seen a few pages back, @Philpug and I were ecstatic that we only gained 3 lbs while in the UP.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia Are those your wedding pants? We just got home ... I will weigh in tomorrow. Dum da dum dum dum!

Those are not my wedding pants but my wedding pants do fit now. I'll take pics
Image on the left was taken the 4th of July. The pic on the right was this morning.
Edit to add: At the time the first picture was taken, I had been on WW for a month and had already lost 7 lbs.
*perspective*
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 8.55.38 AM.png

Last edited:

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^^ Fantastic! That is so exciting. There is no way on God's green earth that I will EVER fit back in my wedding dress! Kudos.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
^^^^ Fantastic! That is so exciting. There is no way on God's green earth that I will EVER fit back in my wedding dress! Kudos.
Well, there's no way I'd fit into the dress I got married in the first time around. I weighed 100 lbs back then.
This time, however, was only 7 years ago,(almost 8)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have to admit, I have been a bad boy and not tracking. I know I should be but my weight has been pretty constant at 182-183. I did hit a low of 180.1 one morning but I thow out the lows and highs (184.2). I need to get back tracking.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is great and all, but giardia is free! and you save money on groceries too.
So you've said.
Still not sure that's the weight loss plan I'd like to take on.
I mean, to take the giardia meds, you're not supposed to drink. WW wins on that one 9 points of whiskey for the win!
image-jpg.77236

Sponsor

Staff online