• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil be careful! Lose enough weight and you'll have to stay inside if the wind's blowing more than a light breeze.

But seriously, way to go.
I was thinking the same thing. He's so darn skinny now!

Meanwhile, I have been sitting on a plateau for two months, bouncing between 136 and 139.
I've been feeling a bit bloated, almost like I've been retaining water, then yesterday I started peeing and peeing and peeing...
This morning I finally saw my published weight!
Whew! I was getting impatient.

16A5A49A-F641-4DF6-A0C7-828984A2B30C.jpeg

This has been the ups and downs of my journey since be beginning of June.
Mostly good but a few discouraging moments. This thread has given me accountability and support that I find immeasurable.

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 7.32.39 AM.png

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I received an email about the new plan that's rolling out next week, urging me to update my app and go to a meeting for, what WW is calling a digital meetup.
Without knowing much about the new plan options I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but since Blue is working for me...:huh:

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 7.21.51 AM.png

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have been at a long plateau also - between 123 and 125. Bob just looks at the scale and loses weight. It's quite frustrating. We had a biggest loser contest at school one spring. One of our PE teachers - 26 yrs old, super fit, joined the competition because he had put on "baby weight" along with his pregnant wife. He won the weekly competition the first 2 weeks and we were using %lost as the determining factor. All of us middle aged women were quite upset!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here's what I think happened with my sudden drop.
I've been feeling a bit bloated and water heavy for about a month. They say to lose water weight, you need to drink more water, but darn it, that wasn't working for me. I was also having some lower back pain.
Phil finally talked me into going to a PT for my back.
Immediately after seeing the PT and feeling back relief I started peeing, like....a lot!
Within 1/2 day I told Phil that I was feeling less bloated and stepped on the scale. I dropped 2 lbs that day!

Our bodies are a wonder of nature, eh?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been feeling a bit bloated and water heavy for about a month. They say to lose water weight, you need to drink more water, but darn it, that wasn't working for me. I was also having some lower back pain.
Immediately after seeing the PT and feeling back relief I started peeing, like....a lot!
Within 1/2 day I told Phil that I was feeling less bloated and stepped on the scale. I dropped 2 lbs that day!

Woah, that's pretty amazing!
Bloating is SO annoying. I must admit, alcohol definitely makes me bloated. Thankfully, I'm not a big drinker so it's not often an issue. But I sure pay for it when I do.

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

To reduce bloating, inflammation, and gastro distress in general ... add cucumber, fresh mint, and fresh minced ginger to your water, and lemons if you want as well. I make a pitcher and add a whole cucumber, a whole lemon, about a tablespoon of ginger, and about 10 mint leaves. I refill it with water once before freshening the fixings. It's amazing. Cranberry juice is also really good for the kidneys and will help with that lower back pain issue.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
To reduce bloating, inflammation, and gastro distress in general ... add cucumber, fresh mint, and fresh minced ginger to your water, and lemons if you want as well. I make a pitcher and add a whole cucumber, a whole lemon, about a tablespoon of ginger, and about 10 mint leaves. I refill it with water once before freshening the fixings. It's amazing. Cranberry juice is also really good for the kidneys and will help with that lower back pain issue.
Funny you should say that.
I've been drinking cranberry juice and eating cucumbers a lot lately.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I received an email about the new plan that's rolling out next week, urging me to update my app and go to a meeting for, what WW is calling a digital meetup.
Without knowing much about the new plan options I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but since Blue is working for me...:huh:

View attachment 84086

I’m staying with the Blue program since I’ve had success with it to date.

Any feedback on the new program? I think overall it’s pretty ingenious and will provide a great variety to meet more personal needs.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I’m staying with the Blue program since I’ve had success with it to date.

Any feedback on the new program? I think overall it’s pretty ingenious and will provide a great variety to meet more personal needs.
I'm with you.
I took a look at the Purple plan for about a second, because...potatoes :D
But it would drop me to 16 points. I'm better off on the Blue plan and counting the points for potatoes.

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yup. I'm sticking with blue also. I agree with Tricia. I'd rather count potatoes and pasta and have the extra points every day. I only occasionally eat potatoes and pasta anyway.

anna

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Bumping to jumpstart the summer.
Edit: This thread was created from posts in the "No Injuries, just aging pains" thread
It turned into a real Weight Watchers discussion
Please note: If you are thinking about joining Weight Watchers, please reach out to one of us who has already joined. It gives the referred and the referral BOTH a free month.

A little over two years ago my mom needed knee replacement, but her doctor wouldn't do it until she lost "at least 60 lbs".
The women in my family have always struggled with weight issues, especially my mom. She was on Weight Watchers for 10 years and stayed a size 9. By the time I was going into Middle School she stopped doing WW and got huge, never to be thin again. She started WW again, at her doctors suggestion, and lost over 80 lbs!!!
She's got 10 months on her new knee, and she's acting and feeling younger at 71 than she has in 40 years.

Why the story about my mom? I went into spring with an extra 20 lbs that I don't want or need. Because of her weight loss and new activity, she inspired me to join WW and change my summer focus.

Instead of getting out to ride bike 2 days a week, we're committing to at least a 1-2 hr hike or mountain bike ride at least 5 days a week if not 6.

I've been on WW for 2 weeks now and can say its feeling amazing. My energy is up, my body is more toned and I feel stronger, not to mention I've lost 6.5 lbs.

I've tried the low carb thing, I've cut out alcohol, I've cut back on sugar...none of this worked long term. I feel like WW is going to change my relationship with food (it already has) and create a more active lifestyle than I already have.
Great, good for you! Weight loss is so crucial to get your fitness up and going. I just read an article about exercises to do to get fit for the slopes. They are just simple tips that really help to improve your overall fitness. I find yoga particularly helpful. Have a look, it will help you to feel even stronger and even more toned: https://singleparentsonholiday.co.uk/5-easy-tips-on-how-to-get-fit-for-the-ski-season/

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, wish me luck. We are off to the Caribbean in a couple of days and -thanks to fun and family and the holidays- I’m at the top of my plateau range. I’m hoping not to blow up completely while on vacation.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It has been a while since I posted in this thread. I will say I stopped counting points a few weeks ago. In that time my weight has been constantly in the 181-183 pound range because I was mentally counting my points and was concience to what I was eating. I did crest to 185.7 this past Monday then today I was back down to 182.6. I admit I have been lazy and need to get back to counting.

A funny acecdote. I was at the shop over the weekend and was talking to a customer about skis. /long story short/ as he was leaving, he saw the S.S. Pugski and said "Oh Pugski is here". At the time I was wearing a Pugski hat and the Pugski shop apron. I looked at him and said, "Thats me, I am Philpug". He said "No, you couldn't be, that guy is big and fat". :roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January