• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I haven't been tracking for the past couple of days and I have felt awful about it. This morning I was afraid to step on to the scale because I had no idea what it would be. 186? 184? I really couldn't tell from my body what it would be. Since we got back I haven't been walking or been on the bike so I really didn't know.
A066414D-E3B8-4B3D-92C8-1DEF4C802915_1_201_a.jpeg
This doesn't excuse me from not getting back on track but actually gives me the encouragement to do so.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@mustski I encountered a working scale halfway through the trip and I was terrified. But knowing that I had gained 2 lb. told me what I had to do for the rest of the trip.

You have a little more leeway, methinks, so I wouldn't agonize over it. Enjoy.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone have a link to the most current weight and/or BMI standards?

Thanks.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The WW plan is making a change in November and you'd think the WW members are being drawn and quartered.

My thought is, WW is not going to do something that will blow up on them, or set their members up for failure.
I look forward to seeing what's new on this plan. And, from what I gather, the current Freestyle plan will still be an option.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've been seeing a lot of posts on FB WW Freestyle talking about the start of holiday tracking, beginning with halloween candy.
This may be a time to amp up the tips and tricks for surviving holiday habits.

I think I'm going to have Cuties oranges as halloween treats this year. Maybe we'll break down and get some candy.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think I'm going to have Cuties oranges as halloween treats this year.
Keep in mind that many parents will just toss fresh fruit if they don't know who gave it.

Last year I decided to buy something I wouldn't eat myself and ended up with Pixie Stix. Loved them as a kid though. My neighbor was so appalled by the fact that I was basically handing out pure sugar, that I think I have to do it again. There's what, a tsp of sugar full of artificial flavors and colors in each little tube? Compared to the calorie count of your average full size treat, it seems pretty harmless. But I did also pick up a bag of mini Playdoh containers at Costco already.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Keep in mind that many parents will just toss fresh fruit if they don't know who gave it.
Someone else mentioned that so I picked up a giant container of Utz pretzel in mini packages.

I eat pretzels but they don't tempt me a lot.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Pat AKA mustski how's it going?
Pics ??
We just got off the cruise ship today and are headed to Rome- the land of great bread, great pasta, and wine. I haven’t been able to weigh in yet so YIKES- no idea. My clothes still fit but definitely feel a tad snugger! I predict a few zero point weeks upon my return!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have been hovering around that 183 range, just below and just above but I feel pretty good. If I drop a few pounds, great but I don't want to go above 185.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Just got my blood work back from my doctors so aside from my vitamin B12 and D3 levels being low my bad cholesterol is slightly elevated so I need to work on that. Going to start with cutting back on red meat and going from there. I still haven't been able to embrace one "diet" choice or the other so I'm doing what I consider hybrid behaviors from the keto and vegetarian lifestyles.

Sponsor

Staff online