• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Well last season was great if you had the right channels. I think they showed just about everything, though some were on a delay. I'm hoping between the Olympic channel and NBCSN it ends up about the same this season. I don't think things were clear last year until the season got going either, but I'm not sure about that.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If you have a cable subscription you can install the app on your roku/apppletv/xbox/smart tv or mobile device and watch live fis and some replays.

Following is NBC Sports’ remaining telecast schedule for the upcoming 2018-19 FIS Alpine Skiing World Cup season:

Date Time (ET) Event Network#
10/27/2018 4 a.m. Soelden, Austria NBC Sports Gold**
10/28/2018 4 a.m. Soelden, Austria NBC Sports Gold**
11/17/2018 7 a.m. Levi, Finland – Women’s Slalom Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA
11/18/2018 7 a.m. Levi, Finland – Men’s Slalom Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA
12 p.m. Levi, Finland – Men’s & Women’s Slalom* NBCSN
11/24/2018 1 p.m. Women’s Giant Slalom – Xfinity Killington Cup NBCSN
11/24/2018 3 p.m. Women’s Giant Slalom – Xfinity Killington Cup* NBC
11/24/2018 4 p.m. Men’s Downhill – Lake Louise, Alberta Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA
11/25/2018 1 p.m. Women’s Slalom – Xfinity Killington Cup NBC
11/25/2018 4 p.m. Men’s Super-G – Lake Louise, Alberta Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA
11/30/2018 12:30 p.m. Men’s Super-G – Beaver Creek, Colorado NBCSN
11/30/2018 2 p.m. Women’s Downhill – Lake Louise, Alberta NBCSN
12/1/2018 1 p.m. Men’s Downhill – Beaver Creek, Colorado NBCSN
12/1/2018 2 p.m. Women’s Downhill – Lake Louise, Alberta NBCSN
http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...f-2018-19-fis-alpine-skiing-world-cup-season/

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Thanks!!

Note that the link has the fuller schedule through 2019 too... looks like most events will be on the Olympic channel, NBCSN, or NBC, except for :

Solden
Semmering
St. Anton
Schladming

Kitzbuhel will also only be live on NBC Sports Gold and shown on NBCSN the next day... and a bunch of others will be shown on tape delay later in the day, or the next day.

TS
K2 Rat

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
interesting how all WC events held in Austria will not be on TV live in the States, but part of the streaming NBC Gold package. Guessing OSV , which owns the rights, wanted too much money for NBC to broadcast live on TV.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
"Among the events exclusive to NBC Sports Gold are the season-opening races in Soelden, Austria, on October 27-28. Further details will be announced Monday, Oct. 22."

If anyone sees anything about details announced today, please post.
Thanks

TS
K2 Rat

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Haha I'll eat crow on that one. $70 isn't so bad. They did a good job with the Olympics.

We used to watch the Tyson and other fights on HBO then when it went ppv we went to the bar to watch the big fights then it became even more expensive and we stopped watching. Lots of other stuff on. Too bad though.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Historically my problem has been that many of the offerings were predicated on having a cable tv subscription, which I don't. It LOOKS - but doesn't appear to state explicitly - that this is not the case for this "snow pass." So, thinking about it.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Historically my problem has been that many of the offerings were predicated on having a cable tv subscription, which I don't. It LOOKS - but doesn't appear to state explicitly - that this is not the case for this "snow pass." So, thinking about it.

From this page https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/faq :

"NBC Sports Gold is available on iOS and Android phones and tablets, desktop web browsers, Apple TV (Gen 4), Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast devices connected via HDMI."

It's a true streaming service ("Snow Pass" is just one of the NBC Sports Gold sub-packages)... you don't need a TV at all. I'd suggest a Chromecast being an easy and pretty cheap way to stream it to your TV if you want to. I used one for that for a while with some streaming items before I got a smart TV, including actual Olympic events since NBC offers only streaming for a lot of those.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Trying to get World Series tickets in LA but right now decent seats start at $3,000/pr. Funky bleacher seats where during the regular season it isn't all that safe are almost $2,000 a pair.

In today's world I'll pay $70 for that schedule.

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
Trying to get World Series tickets in LA but right now decent seats start at $3,000/pr. Funky bleacher seats where during the regular season it isn't all that safe are almost $2,000 a pair.

In today's world I'll pay $70 for that schedule.
Overall, I agree. But if you have access to the cable channels then you're paying $70 for the Austrian races. Love to watch Soelden, Schladming, etc but not sure it's $70 worth of love.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Overall, I agree. But if you have access to the cable channels then you're paying $70 for the Austrian races. Love to watch Soelden, Schladming, etc but not sure it's $70 worth of love.
Well I get DirectTV which has declined ever since they were purchased by AT&T. Xfinity was so, so much better in just about every way. We don't even get NBC in the greater SLC area because they've been in failed negotiations for months. I haven't checked recently but I think you have to buy another tier. So unless someone can explain how I can get the equivalent channels on DirectTV it's much more all or nothing.

BTW, my current arrangement will be my last long term tv commitment. In the future it will be all streaming all the time for all media content.

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive

I have the same question. Last night, out of the blue (it's nowhere near my bday or xmas), my wife tells me she got me a subscription. Gives me the username, password, and even saves the homepage as a favorite on my phone. Her only request is that I don't watch in the bedroom, at least not when she's in the room as well. I didn't mention a thing; I didn't even know about this service.

Anybody know what is going on?

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the same question. Last night, out of the blue (it's nowhere near my bday or xmas), my wife tells me she got me a subscription. Gives me the username, password, and even saves the homepage as a favorite on my phone. Her only request is that I don't watch in the bedroom, at least not when she's in the room as well. I didn't mention a thing; I didn't even know about this service.

Anybody know what is going on?
Yes, I do. You've got yourself a keeper.

Sponsor