• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Interesting to see Weirather and Veith on the start list. I assume those are the father and father in law of current women racing.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Interesting to see Weirather and Veith on the start list. I assume those are the father and father in law of current women racing.
Harti is indeed the father of Tina, her mother is Hanni Wenzel. Not sure about Veith but Anna skied well today :)

Last edited:

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ski racing is definetely a family business: Neureuter, Gisin, Girardelli, Alphand ... list goes on. Yes nice to see Veith skiing better.

Christy

Putting on skis
Skier
So it looks like the Hahnenenkamm won't be on either US or Canadian tv? Must be one of the Austrian races we won't see? Someone please let me know if I'm wrong.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So it looks like the Hahnenenkamm won't be on either US or Canadian tv? Must be one of the Austrian races we won't see? Someone please let me know if I'm wrong.
It's one of the ones they aren't airing live... it will be on replay on NBC Sports on Monday and Tuesday.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor

It's one of the ones they aren't airing live... it will be on replay on NBC Sports on Monday and Tuesday.
NBCSN. 28th at 4pm. 29th at 11:00pm I Assume eastern time.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Most people (aka non Pugski, non Ski Diva's, non whatever forum) only know skis by racing. That's what they see on TV.

So I have Rossi, Atomic and now Nordica.

I'm not an employee of VR nor a customer. I happen to like Rossi. But I know the intent here. Oh, but I am a customer of Alterra, maybe that's the same. :roflmao:
My Atomic's are too wide and rockered for carving....trust me, I've tried.

What about my Nordicas???
You can watch ski racing on TV? I can never find a recent race on my TV !!!

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Is that a channel on Comcast?
No clue. I can't get cable. Some NBC-related channel. Olympic Channel? I tried to keep up by recording all the races via Hulu, but since I record other things, I lost a bunch (50 hour limit) and it became a chore I had to perform daily, watching them. I just finished 2-3 days ago. The big problem with the recording is they don't always start on time and consequently don't end on time and the recording stops right before the last few racers go. Drove me nuts!!!

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
https://www.hulu.com/welcome

It's a mobile device app for streaming tv.
I thought he was asking about FIS Racing. Didn't realize the question was about Hulu. I'm an old lady in Montana, I thought everyone knew about Hulu.

@David if your TV has a USB port, you can plug a Roku device into that port, get Hulu, and get tons of channels. Otherwise, watch on your PC. When we dumped our satellite because the trees got too high, we went to internet TV. I wish we'd done it a decade ago.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
We only pay for Live since we dropped paying for DISH.

I wasn't sure what came with the Basic. But maybe Comcast has the Olympic Channel?

Edit. It's available as an app and online. The ability to watch it later via those methods, I don't know. They always seem to schedule races when I'm not watching TV.

More info: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Channel_(U.S._TV_channel)

Looks like Xfinity subscribers can get it if they pay enough. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Chann...ay-extra-for-the-Olympic-Channel/td-p/2931180

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
God, the Olympic Channel.
So, their "on demand" showing of the races. You think great, missed it but now I can watch it. But, not always.

It's not the event they show. It's what was shown in that time slot. So, if there's a weather delay, you'll see whatever they showed, then miss the ending. Sometimes that means wrestling or curling for the whole slot.
It seems that eventually, I think, they change it. But that's weeks. And I'm not even sure of that.
Terrible job.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I thought he was asking about FIS Racing. Didn't realize the question was about Hulu. I'm an old lady in Montana, I thought everyone knew about Hulu.

@David if your TV has a USB port, you can plug a Roku device into that port, get Hulu, and get tons of channels. Otherwise, watch on your PC. When we dumped our satellite because the trees got too high, we went to internet TV. I wish we'd done it a decade ago.
Roku?
Uhg...there's nothing worse than trying to watch TV on a computer.