• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am not sure where to find World Cup skiing on TV this year. I see NBC is offering this new package for $70, but it looks like it is an app through I-Pads or Apple TV etc. Not sure it there will be broadcasts on The Olympic Channel or NBCSN like last year. I also watched a fair amount that people were streaming onto Youtube, but you could not count on those. I hear people saying they watch on -line via VPN, but I am not sure what that is.
Anybody know what is going on ?

https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/snow

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I am not sure where to find World Cup skiing on TV this year. I see NBC is offering this new package for $70, but it looks like it is an app through I-Pads or Apple TV etc. Not sure it there will be broadcasts on The Olympic Channel or NBCSN like last year. I also watched a fair amount that people were streaming onto Youtube, but you could not count on those. I hear people saying they watch on -line via VPN, but I am not sure what that is.
Anybody know what is going on ?

It does use the NBC Sports app, which is available on Apple, Android(phones, roku, fire ) and Windows. I'll have to see if tv.youtube.com will be showing it.

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
I take it back, looks like Soelden will be broadcast but it appears to be on NBC Gold ... a subscription package.
Well, this seems to be some good news. Haven't looked to see if NBC has Soelden on the schedule yet.

[URL]https://usskiandsnowboard.org/news/nbc-sports-broadcast-150-hours-alpine-coverage
[/URL]

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I have been trying to figure this out for weeks. Came across the NBC sports gold thing this morning and was extremely disappointed as it looks like that’s the only way to watch races in the US. I came here to post/whine about it and found this thread. I would consider paying an extra $30 or $40 if it was an actual television channel where I could DVR the events and watch them at a reasonable hour on my big screen. That is about what I paid extra to have the Olympic Channel last year for the six months of the world cup season. Streaming on my phone or little iPad for $70 just isn’t going to cut it. :(

I am not sure if the Olympic channel even exists anymore, at least I didn’t see it listed on dish network. I do still have access to the app but I don’t see any world cup racing listed.

It does look like NBCSN will be broadcasting both Killington and Beaver Creek but I don’t see anything beyond that.?

TS
K2 Rat

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
TS
K2 Rat

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have been trying to figure this out for weeks. Came across the NBC sports gold thing this morning and was extremely disappointed as it looks like that’s the only way to watch races in the US. I came here to post/whine about it and found this thread. I would consider paying an extra $30 or $40 if it was an actual television channel where I could DVR the events and watch them at a reasonable hour on my big screen. That is about what I paid extra to have the Olympic Channel last year for the six months of the world cup season. Streaming on my phone or little iPad for $70 just isn’t going to cut it. :(

I am not sure if the Olympic channel even exists anymore, at least I didn’t see it listed on dish network. I do still have access to the app but I don’t see any world cup racing listed.

It does look like NBCSN will be broadcasting both Killington and Beaver Creek but I don’t see anything beyond that.?

Read the news release that QueueCT posted. 150 hours will be broadcast across NBC, NBCSN, Olympic Channel. I am not sure how much more, besides Soelden, you get for $70 in the Gold package. How much of the season is 150 hours ? maybe 3/4's ????

here is the news release again :

https://usskiandsnowboard.org/news/nbc-sports-broadcast-150-hours-alpine-coverage

4ster

Instructor
What I can't tell is how much more, besides Soelden, does this Gold package get you. I don't want to pay $70 just to watch Soelden. Maybe it will be clearer after the details are announced on Monday.

Looks like it will cover the whole season...

Soelden, AUT Oct. 27 - 28

Levi, FIN
Nov. 17 - 18

Killington, USA
Nov. 24 - 25

Lake Louise, CAN
Nov. 24 - 25

Beaver Creek, USA
Nov. 30 - Dec. 2

Lake Louise, CANNov. 30 - Dec. 2

St. Moritz, SUI
Dec. 8 - 9

Val d'Isere, FRA
Dec. 8 - 9

Val Gardena, ITA
Dec. 14 - 15

Val d'Isere, FRA
Dec. 14 - 16

Alta Badia, ITA
Dec. 16

Courchevel, FRA
Dec. 21 - 22

Madonna de Campiglio, ITA
Dec. 22

Bormio, ITA
Dec. 28 - 29

Semmering, AUT
Dec. 28 - 29

Zagreb, CRO
Jan. 5 - 6

Flachau, AUT
Jan. 8

Adelboden, SUI
Jan. 12 - 13

St. Anton, AUT
Jan. 12 - 13

Kronplatz, ITA
Jan. 15

Wengen, SUI
Jan. 18 - 20

Cortina d'Ampezzo, ITA
Jan. 19 - 20

Kitzbühel, AUT
Jan. 25 - 27

Garmisch-Partenkirchen, GER
Jan. 26 - 27

Schladming, AUT
Jan. 29

Maribor, SLO
Feb. 1 - 2

Garmisch-Partenkirchen, GER
Feb. 2 - 3

World Championships - Are, SWE
Feb. 5 - 17

Bansko, BUL
Feb. 22 - 24

Crans-Montana, SUI
Feb. 22-23

Kvitfjell, NOR
Mar. 2 - 3

Sochi, RUS
Mar. 2 - 3

Spindleruv Myln, CZE
Mar. 8 - 9

Kranjska Gora, SLO
Mar. 9 - 10

World Cup Finals - Soldeu, AND
Mar. 13 - 17

I’d pay if it was gonna be Bode in the broadcast booth!

TS
K2 Rat

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looks like it will cover the whole season

You listed what the Gold Snow Pass covers, right? I understand that it will cover every race. What I was trying to say is that NBC is covering 150 hours on their TV channels and so how much are they not covering? I wonder how much extra I would pick up by paying $70. Soelden is one....

4ster

Instructor
Yes, that was the NBC Sports Gold.
For NBCSN I only saw Killington & Beaver Creek for now.
I wonder if NBCSN will show any re-broadcasts from the Gold coverage?
So far, none of this looks encouraging...

The conspiracy continues :(:doh::huh::popcorn:

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
am not sure if the Olympic channel even exists anymore, at least I didn’t see it listed on dish network. I do still have access to the app but I don’t see any world cup racing listed
Channel 389 on dish. Bike races this morning. World Cup cycle-cross till 10 then Womens oOympics from Rio. Searched wb site but did not find any FIS races mentioned. Hope they have them or I will be resigned to looping last years WC recordings when on the treadmill.

4ster

Instructor
Channel 389 on dish. Bike races this morning. World Cup cycle-cross till 10 then Womens oOympics from Rio. Searched wb site but did not find any FIS races mentioned. Hope they have them or I will be resigned to looping last years WC recordings when on the treadmill.
Thanks. Even though I am not signed up for the Olympic Channel right now, I could not find it on the DISH all channels menu. I will be calling Dish soon and adding the Olympic Channel again as I am encouraged by the article posted below which spells things out a little more clearly.

I think this article is a little different than the ones posted above & shows that between NBC, NBCSN & the Olympic channel most (not all) of the racing will be broadcast on TV on one of those three channels. In fact, at first glance it appears the only thing missing is the Solden opening. I don’t think I will spend $70 to watch Solden on the NBCSN gold streaming thing. I will just hope someone comes through and post the full races to YouTube as often happened last year.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...f-2018-19-fis-alpine-skiing-world-cup-season/

Last season since the TV coverage would usually only show highlights of the first run in the tech events, I would usually watch that first run with the streaming coverage on the iPad & then watch the 2nd run on the television.

I guess we will find out more tomorrow.

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
...the only thing missing is the Solden opening.

Now that it's less than a week away, it should appear in my cable guide if it's being broadcast, and it's not there.

I do have both The Olympic Channel, and NBCSN, and don't see any skiing events yet. Hopefully Levi is broadcast in a few weeks.

TS
K2 Rat

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks. Even though I am not signed up for the Olympic Channel right now, I could not find it on the DISH all channels menu. I will be calling Dish soon and adding the Olympic Channel again as I am encouraged by the article posted below which spells things out a little more clearly.

I think this article is a little different than the ones posted above & shows that between NBC, NBCSN & the Olympic channel most (not all) of the racing will be broadcast on TV on one of those three channels. In fact, at first glance it appears the only thing missing is the Solden opening. I don’t think I will spend $70 to watch Solden on the NBCSN gold streaming thing. I will just hope someone comes through and post the full races to YouTube as often happened last year.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...f-2018-19-fis-alpine-skiing-world-cup-season/

Last season since the TV coverage would usually only show highlights of the first run in the tech events, I would usually watch that first run with the streaming coverage on the iPad & then watch the 2nd run on the television.

I guess we will find out more tomorrow.

So typical of NBC to put Kitzbuhel as part of the pay-to-view Gold package

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We are all just rats in a maze with this thing.

4ster

Instructor
We are all just rats in a maze with this thing.
The TV ratings for ski racing must suck big time in the US! I don’t think that will change if it remains so difficult to be a viewer.
Coverage was much better during the period when the US ski team was not very strong or consistent. Even pro racing had weekly televised coverage.
It became abysmal during the heydays of Rahlves, Miller, Vonn, Mancuso, Stiegler, Ligety etc. & not much better since Shiffrin came on the scene.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online