• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
From this page https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/faq :

"NBC Sports Gold is available on iOS and Android phones and tablets, desktop web browsers, Apple TV (Gen 4), Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast devices connected via HDMI."

It's a true streaming service ("Snow Pass" is just one of the NBC Sports Gold sub-packages)... you don't need a TV at all. I'd suggest a Chromecast being an easy and pretty cheap way to stream it to your TV if you want to. I used one for that for a while with some streaming items before I got a smart TV, including actual Olympic events since NBC offers only streaming for a lot of those.

Thanks. Yeah, so it sounds like the ski equivalent of the "cycle pass" I've bought mainly to watch the TDF. Works more or less with our Apple TV unit. I may pony up, grudgingly. (There always seems to be a gotcha that I didn't anticipate - like ... You
get the crappy commentary with no ads or the good commentary with ads.)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
...There always seems to be a gotcha that I didn't anticipate...

c070b0766cdc454619332aa681298ecb.jpg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Low expectations == fewer unpleasant surprises. :)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So I'm clear the Snow pass only offers live streaming, no play back?

Everything is also available on-demand (playback later) for the entire season. From the FAQ :

"If I buy a Sport pass, will I have access to replays (on-demand)?

Please see https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/nbc-sports-gold-packages-prices for individual sport replay (on-demand) availability. Currently, Blazers Pass does not offer on-demand content.

For how long will I be able to access content replays?

Typically, subscribers will have access to all current season video replays until the end of the current subscription period. Once the subscription renews, subscribers will not be able to see previous season’s replays."

Looking at the Snow pass : "...all live & on-demand"

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
LOL, I have been to MORE than my share of live sporting events. then next one I go to that I am NOT paid to attend will be Kitzbhuel
jk, I understand your TV bias ;) . Back in the day, the World Cup Opening was in Park City
2nd photo is Kitzbuehel, I was privileged to attend in 1981.
E87A02C3-E9D9-45B9-93CF-B36DFA65A842.jpeg

Last edited:

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Could be an opportunity to reach a targeted audi
Save the 3 Grand and watch it on TV, ALL sports are better on TV

Guess you've never been to Fenway. We bought face value tickets for the first Houston game for $80 which is the best deal in town. Unfortunately that was the game they stunk. $3,000 no way I"ll go skiing in the west.

TS
K2 Rat

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
I found the play back/ on-demand last season on Olympic channel app was horrible, so I am considering paying the $70 and hope that it is better. I also don't get Olympic channel at my ski house, so maybe this will be a better way to watch. We will see.

And as I have been to over 25 WC, Olympic and World Champs ski races, being there is so much better. Especially in Europe!!

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Could be an opportunity to reach a targeted audi

Guess you've never been to Fenway. We bought face value tickets for the first Houston game for $80 which is the best deal in town. Unfortunately that was the game they stunk. $3,000 no way I"ll go skiing in the west.

I have been to Fenway about 8 times, amazing experience. I have been to the Daytona 500, Sugar Bowl, World Series, Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, US Open Tennis, Wimbledon, Aussie Open Tennis Finals.... Suffice it to say I have been to MORE than my share of big events. I “attend” a minimum of 84 days of professional sports contests per year, most of the time more.

Given a choice.... I would stay home and watch it on TV. NOT because I work in the TV industry, but because #1) I like being at home... #2) viewing is always WAY better on TV.

I was invited to Kitzbhuel this year... To attend in a seated box over looking the finish line, to include skiing all week as well. BUT... My freaking work schedule got changed. I was not happy about it, but work always supersedes fun in my book. Gotta work to be able to play.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
After 84 events I"d want to stay home too. I used to travel a lot for work but now you couldn't pay me enough. Time is too valuable.

skix

Out on the slopes
Skier
I went ahead and purchased the NBC Sports Gold app. To this point though none of the Snow Pass events show in the schedule. I emailed NBC and asked them if Soelden was going to be shown live. Q and A today was :

Q: I've logged in and viewed the app on the web (Firefox) and on our Roku. Neither show any content for the Snow Pass. When will this be available? Will the races at Soelden this weekend be shown live?​

A: Thank you for reaching out the NBC Sports Gold Tech Support Team.

Please note that our team is currently in the process of updating scheduling info and will be finished momentarily.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Customer Support

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Your patience and understanding are much appreciated
Pretty much the same experience I had last year using the NBCSN & the Olympic channel app.
Usable but not user friendly.
Inconsistent and unreliable.
Hope it all works out.

TS
K2 Rat

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
I went ahead and purchased the NBC Sports Gold app. To this point though none of the Snow Pass events show in the schedule. I emailed NBC and asked them if Soelden was going to be shown live. Q and A today was :

Q: I've logged in and viewed the app on the web (Firefox) and on our Roku. Neither show any content for the Snow Pass. When will this be available? Will the races at Soelden this weekend be shown live?​

A: Thank you for reaching out the NBC Sports Gold Tech Support Team.

Please note that our team is currently in the process of updating scheduling info and will be finished momentarily.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Customer Support

I see it now up there on the Gold Pass App

Christy

Putting on skis
Skier
Soelden doesn't seem to be on Canadian tv either. Thanks to the person who figured out it is the 4 Austrian races that won't be shown on the usual channels.

WheatKing

Ice coast carveaholic
Skier
Someone was live streaming their TV on youtube.. just caught the tail end of the race.. Apparently they'll have the mens later.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Apparently they'll have the mens later.
Apparently weather will need to decide to cooperate first, otherwise they will have men;s race much later then you think ;) Weather forecast was quite ok for today, and it played pretty much exactly what weather forecast was promising, except wind was a little bit stronger then predicted. Honestly, not so strong that start would need to be set lower, or better said, I have seen races in Soelden from the top in waaaay stronger wind then it was today. But for later today, night and tomorrow morning, they are promising much stronger winds (up to 100km/h) and 70-100cm of snow (depending which forecast you check). With that, I have feeling we won't see race tomorrow.

Sponsor

Staff online