• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
Had a great run up till now, Thinking of staying home this weekend and sing "Dream On" with the husky.

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
This is a bitch about reporting.

Up until last season, Breck did one very nice thing: They listed both 12 and 24 hour totals. You could easily see how much fell overnight without having to watch the snow stake video without blinking. (No idea if other VR mountains did this, too - I assume they did.)

This season? It's a 48 hour total, and then you have to click through to another page to see the 24 hour. No 12 hour to be found.

THANKS OBAMA.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Had a great run up till now, Thinking of staying home this weekend and sing "Dream On" with the husky.

I see he got tired part way through. That's fine for studio recordings, but he needs more stamina if he wants a live performance career!

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Lot's of rain.

upload_2018-1-22_8-45-25.png

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
Guess it's the east turn....lots of rain, freezing rain, then cold. Maybe some snow in some places. Staying home this weekend. It was a skating rink already on Sunday.

Interesting storm happening right now at the St Lawrence. Maybe a foot of freshies. If not, we have to wait after the first week of Feb to get back into the cold pattern. This one may last all of Feb.

Ohioskier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Last night we get out and the rain just stopped about 30 minutes into our weekly group lesson and boom thunder lightning. 20 minutes into delay and management says one minute until lifts can run again and boom another storm cell pops up cancelling the night. March storms in February. If it was one 35 degrees colder we would have had a nice 6 inch snowstorm.

I’m really feeling sorry for those westerners that are bitching about thousands of acres and feet of vertical groomers. Hahaha

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Here’s my bitching: it’s snowing at Stevens, a foot or two expect today and tonight, more pretty much every day this week and another foot+ storm coming through on Friday....and I have to work. I keep thinking I need a pair of powder skis, but then I’d never get to use them, so why bother?

TS
Michael R.

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
I figured a Utah move would coax a high pressure system to follow me around.... To all my Colorado peeps, YOU'RE WELCOME
0129_west.png

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
anomimage.pl

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Reno NV
206 AM PST Mon Jan 29 2018

One thing to note in the models this morning is now the agreement
even in the ensembles of the building ridge NOT phasing with the
high latitude ridge near the Bering Sea in 5-7 days. This is an
important development, and not a good one for snow lovers. The ridge
is building in response to the strong MJO and thus is tied to it.
The position of the strong MJO for the next 10 days strongly favors
a ridge near the west coast and very warm conditions. In contrast, a
phased ridge would have had its axis further west with cooler temps,
although still dry. It also would have been more susceptible to
undercutting beyond 10 days. The forecast pattern now is very stable
with dry and warm conditions for at least the middle of February,
and likely beyond. Maybe there is hope toward the end of February? X

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
I was complaining about the January rain to our senior snowmaker to which he replied - "Yeah the rain was a lifesaver as they were getting ready to start the layoffs. Now we have tons of work.” - Whether you love or hate the weather all depends on your perspective.

Sponsor

Staff online