• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well if this holds for Squaw Valley, it's really going to depend on how quickly the freezing level drops...

upload_2018-1-6_23-52-18.png

Last edited:

Spelunker

Booting up
Skier
How bad you guys think Vermont will be this weekend? Looks like a lot of warm rain on Friday. Had plans to hit Killington this weekend but I think it may be an ice rink.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
How bad you guys think Vermont will be this weekend? Looks like a lot of warm rain on Friday. Had plans to hit Killington this weekend but I think it may be an ice rink.
Based on the forecast....they're expecting over a foot of new snow after the rain and freeze...I suspect it'll be epic...although it could be a skating rink once it gets plowed of..it if gets plowed off...

Spelunker

Booting up
Skier
Based on the forecast....they're expecting over a foot of new snow after the rain and freeze...I suspect it'll be epic...although it could be a skating rink once it gets plowed of..it if gets plowed off...

I very much like your forecast Scott and will be holding you accountable if it falls short

allgash

Booting up
Skier
Opensnow is predicting 2-5" of wintery mix on Saturday for Killington after rain on Thursday and Friday, along with 40-50mph winds on Saturday. Things aren't looking great. I've sat out the last couple of weekends, and was hoping this would be the weekend to get back into the swing of things now that the arctic air is gone. Looks like things swung too far in the other direction :eek:

allgash

Booting up
Skier
Killington was revised down to 0-1" of snow on Saturday after heavy rains. Jay Peak might be a better bet, they are getting less rain and a little more snow.

Last edited:

Joel

Having fun
Skier
We are supposed to be getting a couple inches a day and evening for the next couple/few days. Don't know that it will help much. Maybe I'll drag my rock skis out and just go so I can say I got my first day in.

This is my starting point, don't expect it will look much better in a few days.
1211.jpg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
We were having such a good season... and now it's going to be 59 degrees and rainy tomorrow!

frick.gif

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
We were having such a good season... and now it's going to be 59 degrees and rainy tomorrow!

frick.gif
That’s always how it is in the Midwest. Jan. 1 was minus 18 — yesterday it was 50 degrees. Now it is in the teens again.

Sponsor

Staff online