• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
This is both a brag and a thank you to @SkiEssentials , just ordered a pair of Solomon Shift bindings from them to go with a pair of Rustler 9's I just got. Thanks for having the Shifts in stock!

Pictures will be posted once I get everything and mount them up, gonna be some gooooood looking skis I think. I'm excited.

Thanks so much! We can't wait to see pictures of the final setup. :beercheer:

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Took our new-to-us imported 1992 Toyota LiteAce on its maiden voyage to the Stevens Pass RV lot last weekend. Ski lodging is pretty much non-existent in WA, and RV culture is really something unique and special to the area (exhibit A). We're stoked to have some cushier sleeping arrangements than our 4Runner, but I think our friends, who have crammed 4 adults and 150lbs of labradors in their 80 sq. ft. Scamp for every waking hour not spent on the slopes.

Still needs a name though!

1039981879.jpg
1012242199.jpg
1012243890.jpg

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Still needs a name though!

I’d call him Walker...reminds me of these guys from Star Wars:
854957B1-29D4-4BFD-B175-A5A8050FDEDD.jpeg

Not being a die hard Star Wars fan, I had to look up the name, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the photo...it kind of resembles the body shape. (Full name being AT-AT Walker, all terrain armored transport walker)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
And "AT-AT" is all terrain armored transport... so kind of fitting.

I might also suggest Windy... I mean, everyone knows it's a Windy.

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’d call him Walker...reminds me of these guys from Star Wars:
View attachment 62587

Not being a die hard Star Wars fan, I had to look up the name, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the photo...it kind of resembles the body shape. (Full name being AT-AT Walker, all terrain armored transport walker)

I'm pretty sure it stands for All Terrain Alpine Touring Walker. I dig it!

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Grabbed these today on an whim, as I wanted to own/experience a Stockli front-side offering over longer than just a daily rental. The PRD11 are a little un-glamorous for such a ski, but enough binding for me as I play around. Even though they are last year's top-sheet and quite good cosmetics, they were used at a ski school, and very little edge life left. But they were dirt cheap and worth the buy / experiment. Tonight I'll give the edges a go with my Moonflex diamond stone collection, lay down some wax tomorrow, and plan to give them a ride on Thursday.

upload_2019-1-14_16-41-8.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-14_16-40-8.png
    upload_2019-1-14_16-40-8.png
    627 KB · Views: 1

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Grabbed these today on an whim, as I wanted to own/experience a Stockli front-side offering over longer than just a daily rental. The PRD11 are a little un-glamorous for such a ski, but enough binding for me as I play around. Even though they are last year's top-sheet and quite good cosmetics, they were used at a ski school, and very little edge life left. But they were dirt cheap and worth the buy / experiment. Tonight I'll give the edges a go with my Moonflex diamond stone collection, lay down some wax tomorrow, and plan to give them a ride on Thursday.

View attachment 62884

Off on your way
Hit the open slope
There is magic on your feet
For the spirit ever lingers
Undemanding contact
In your happy solitude

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Nice One, Now I need to go re-watch this:

upload_2019-1-14_17-6-26.png

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
As promised.. Blizzard Rustler 9's with Solomon Shift bindings! 180cm length and clocks in at 12.2 lbs for the pair. Still gotta check the tune and wax them so I can use them this weekend, I am excited! I'm still super stoked that @SkiEssentials had the Shifts in stock and have been so great to buy things from, thanks again.

In person the Rustler 9 is a lot more black and grey rather than the dark blue/grey blue that I though they would be from online pictures. However, with the little bit of blue on the Shifts the ski looks great imo! Also the shiny Blizzard logo on the right ski is off center to the right about 1cm.. it bothers to crap out of me and I might have to put a sticker on it to cover it. I can't unsee it. I don't have skins for them yet, I may end up waiting till next season to get a set just because I kinda exceeded my self imposed season allowance for skiing related purchases.
20190114_222401.jpg

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
As promised.. Blizzard Rustler 9's with Solomon Shift bindings! 180cm length and clocks in at 12.2 lbs for the pair. Still gotta check the tune and wax them so I can use them this weekend, I am excited! I'm still super stoked that @SkiEssentials had the Shifts in stock and have been so great to buy things from, thanks again.

In person the Rustler 9 is a lot more black and grey rather than the dark blue/grey blue that I though they would be from online pictures. However, with the little bit of blue on the Shifts the ski looks great imo! Also the shiny Blizzard logo on the right ski is off center to the right about 1cm.. it bothers to crap out of me and I might have to put a sticker on it to cover it. I can't unsee it. I don't have skins for them yet, I may end up waiting till next season to get a set just because I kinda exceeded my self imposed season allowance for skiing related purchases.
View attachment 62925

Look awesome! The blizzard logo underfoot wears off quick with a bit of use, so don’t worry. Lol

Mine needed a light base grind as they were a touch base high and that fixed them. Have a 1/3 tune on them sharp tip/tail and they rip! Loving mine.

ARL67

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Nice !
Are your newest SR88 the same ski as the previous top-sheet SR88 , or was there a structural change for 2019 ?

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Nice !
Are your newest SR88 the same ski as the previous top-sheet SR88 , or was there a structural change for 2019 ?
2018 has given way to more of a charger and new graphics. It was the last 177 in the SLC area as far as I know.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A hit hard enough to cause a concussion meant I needed to buy a new helmet. Sadly, I don’t like any of Smith’s colors this year so I didn’t want to just buy a new MIPS version of the Variance I had. I found this Anon Prime MIPS on sale at Backcountry plus 10% cash back from Active Junky so I took a chance on it. Seems to fit will with my Anon WM1 goggles so I’ll keep it. New on the left, old on the right.

C2C9EE66-A177-4135-8D92-0F2B144BF987.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online