• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Pfft. GO SKI THEM.
My SR83’s are basically what you have....they’ll ski anything. Enjoy! ogwink

Thanks. I'm excited. Just finding the time since they'll need my boots as well and I need those for work. Plus we head to Colorado next saturday. If it were just a tune they'd be at the shop now. Gonna try dropping them off after work sunday and beg a little so I can have them by Monday am. Would love to ski them over the next few days.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks. I'm excited. Just finding the time since they'll need my boots as well and I need those for work. Plus we head to Colorado next saturday. If it were just a tune they'd be at the shop now. Gonna try dropping them off after work sunday and beg a little so I can have them by Monday am. Would love to ski them over the next few days.

Those are griffon demos. Easy to set. All you need a either a large flat or #3 pozi screwdriver.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Oops. Took another look at the pic. It's actually a pair of Marker Schizo.
The BSL set up is a bit more finicky. 5 minutes.

Download the 2016/17 tech manual here for how to. Starts on page 40.

And use the binding indicator number from your other bindings too.

PSA - If you want to make sure, take the bindings to be tested so the values are correctly set though. :)

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not skis.....but fat bikes for our muddy, cruddy, slushy winters around our house. When we do get snow, there are snowmobile trails accessible from my front door to ride on, too. Plus lots of other places if we throw them on the hitch rack.

I chose the Norco Sasquatch for its great price point for the features. Tires are 4.5”.....wow. Aluminum alloy frame and carbon fork, seat post dropper, and bell. ogsmile We took them out through some mud and water today to “baptize them.” Fun, and a great workout!

Now, they just need some Pugski stickers.

3A9457C6-DE2F-4F19-8DE8-775636D95DA7.jpeg
2F622C6F-A066-4361-AB9C-F49EE476EB7A.jpeg
FDA614FF-8208-4862-A36C-10602FC85DDD.jpeg

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Monster 88s with Attack2 13 just in time for Christmas. Lucky me. Thanks @markojp for the recommendation and mounting advice.

View attachment 61378

Skied mine the first time xmas day. They rip. Holy smokes! Yes, there's a professional relationship, but they're just very good. A bit easier going in the front end than the 15-16 monsters. Needs a renoun z90 cage match. There are a lot of nice, strong, 88's out there. Hopefully people will buy the darn things.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So can't wait to ski these. The first 98 lasted boot my wider foot has ever slid in to. It's like they measure my foot when designing the clog.
nordica-promachine-120-ski-boots-2019-black-green.jpg
It has been fitting real well out of the box.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
@KingGrump @Wendy I skied my Stockli Stormrider 85s yesterday and all I have to say is OMG....................................................... I love these things. Conditions at Bromley ranged from frozen ungroomed snow to ice to hard pack and 1 trail had actual loose semi soft snow and these things were AMAZING. Really freaking amazing. They plowed through anything and everything and I was on some pretty steep pitches at times and man do these things hold an edge. i was scaring myself in a good way because I felt so inspired with confidence. I was coming up over the lips and going right into the turn (cautiously of course) but I just mean I had no fear and not having fear is a strange feeling for me. These skis are spectacular.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@KingGrump @Wendy I skied my Stockli Stormrider 85s yesterday and all I have to say is OMG....................................................... I love these things. Conditions at Bromley ranged from frozen ungroomed snow to ice to hard pack and 1 trail had actual loose semi soft snow and these things were AMAZING. Really freaking amazing. They plowed through anything and everything and I was on some pretty steep pitches at times and man do these things hold an edge. i was scaring myself in a good way because I felt so inspired with confidence. I was coming up over the lips and going right into the turn (cautiously of course) but I just mean I had no fear and not having fear is a strange feeling for me. These skis are spectacular.
Told you! :)

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This is both a brag and a thank you to @SkiEssentials , just ordered a pair of Solomon Shift bindings from them to go with a pair of Rustler 9's I just got. Thanks for having the Shifts in stock! This is now my second purchase from them and I can't say enough good things about the guys on the other end of the phone. I honestly really appreciate having someone to talk to on the phone when I make some types of purchases, I already know what I want, I just love the enthusiastic reinforcement. From confirming what size brakes I should have, to knowing off the top of their head the waist width of the different lengths of the Rustler 9, both Mike and Pat were great to interact with today. They even went beyond necessary and helped a bit with shipping all the way to Alaska on top of the great price on the Shifts (and the Fischer Ranger 102FR a couple months ago). You guys may be on the other side of the country from me but you have definitely got even more of my business in the future!

The entire reason I wanted Shifts for the Rustler 9's instead of some other kind of binding was because they are MNC, so I could use both my S/Lab MTN boots (which are super comfy to patrol in) or my Lange XT 130's (comfy, but not quite as nice to work in) at any given time, and still bring multiple pairs of skis to the hill.. it just works. I currently only have one pair of skis that work with the S/Lab MTN boots and it makes me sad because those boots are so comfy and nice to patrol in. Putting the Shifts on the new pair of Rustlers gives me a good ski I can use both boots in. Also I figure the Rustlers are decentlyish light and will work for what little skinning I do on days I don't wanna use my Shift equipped Black Diamond Boundary Pro 107s.

Pictures will be posted once I get everything and mount them up, gonna be some gooooood looking skis I think. I'm excited.

Sponsor

Staff online