• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Got a new variable soft snow tool. 187cm Hoji for a song from TGR. Mini-gades. Should skis like the Renegade in variable soft snow, with out the attempted leg breaking when going though bumps.

attachment.php

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Was out on my fourth season Enforcer 100-s in 18 inches of fresh yesterday and they were fantastic in the uncut, even better in the chop and a hoot on the groomed.
I am not an Enforcer 93 lover. Maybe they were too short, but the chatter sucked for me.

These Enforcer 100/185, total different. I am surprised how easy they are to get on edge on groomers. Actually easier than my Kore 105s. They to go through crud good and I don't have any chatter either. My 2" of fresh powder helped some too.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Got a new variable soft snow tool. 187cm Hoji for a song from TGR. Mini-gades. Should skis like the Renegade in variable soft snow, with out the attempted leg breaking when going though bumps.

attachment.php

Great skis!
Hold on to old Renegades as the new ones are too soft and too light for charging now. A huge thread on TGR on how they are “ruined” now. Lol

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
The weird thing is the old one are fine in variable 3d snow, amazing in fact.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
I bought some darn-near new Zip Fit Grand Prix liners from Phil’s garage sale. Good price and I really needed new liners; the OEM Salomon liners were probably shot to hell 30 ski days ago.
Here they are:
EC7C9855-1FEA-46AF-8162-3A210B4B5FB3.jpeg

The bad news is that I sent off payment for them the evening before getting ski patrol sled & ambulance rides. Here is a pic of me sporting them in the hospital nursing a tibial plateau and a proximal humerus fracture. Oh well, I will enjoy them next season!
C389B12D-3118-4864-9583-C1FDF9DC1675.jpeg

Attachments

• C601F7D9-9225-4A4A-8116-6F5ED5BF2CA2.jpeg
    C601F7D9-9225-4A4A-8116-6F5ED5BF2CA2.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 2

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
I bought some darn-near new Zip Fit Grand Prix liners from Phil’s garage sale. Good price and I really needed new liners; the OEM Salomon liners were probably shot to hell 30 ski days ago.
Here they are:
View attachment 64353
The bad news is that I sent off payment for them the evening before getting ski patrol sled & ambulance rides. Here is a pic of me sporting them in the hospital nursing a tibial plateau and a proximal humerus fracture. Oh well, I will enjoy them next season!
View attachment 64355
Yikes! Wishing you speedy healing.

Mind if I ask how you did that? I always feel macabre asking that, but I truly do feel like its a valuable learning opportunity.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Skibob,

You know how you’ve heard people say “you can really hurt yourself skiing slowly.”?

First run of day down a very flat green going towards a favored tree run. 30 kt winds and snowing like crazy. Visibility was nil. Hit a huge wind drft (about 4’ high) in the middle of the groomed portion of the run. Got catapulted into the air and landed in a heap. Never saw the damn thing.

I love storm skiing and I know that portion of the mountain extremely well. Just one of those things.

Tip o’ the cap to the Powder Mountain ski patrol who were very professional and caring!

Last edited:

TimF

Putting on skis
Skier
Just took the bait on last year's Fischer The Curv 178cm. I liked the DTX that I demo'd. This one should be "funner" Will let you know when they get here.

Sponsor

Staff online