• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I think Garrett laying on him started it but that’s neither here nor there. I’m 100% certain that if Garrett doesn’t swing his helmet and hit Rudolph that no one gets suspended, so to suspend Rudolph would be silly. Pouncey and the other Brown suspended were penalized for their actions AFTER Garrett did his deed. Put another way, helmet swing and hit aside, the rest of the stuff happens in every NFL game.

True. But Rudolph wasn't blameless and just trying to avoid the incident. He ran back at Garrett after his helmet had been pulled off. Which is a reasonable reaction, just like I think Pouncey's reaction was reasonable given what happened. They could have taken that as continuing to escalate the incident and suspended Rudolph too.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
True. But Rudolph wasn't blameless and just trying to avoid the incident. He ran back at Garrett after his helmet had been pulled off. Which is a reasonable reaction, just like I think Pouncey's reaction was reasonable given what happened. They could have taken that as continuing to escalate the incident and suspended Rudolph too.

No question he helped escalated it, but again that happens every game without suspension. Fine and penalties sure and he got that. People judging though need to remember that without Garrett’s blow, there are likely zero suspensions.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
After an ugly game and win against the Bengals Rudolph was benched and the Duck made one good throw and Washington made a better run to keep the Stillers in wildcard contention but nobody seems to care because the writing is on the wall, this Steelers team is going nowhere but they are fighting all the way. Now it's home to face the Browns and Duck Hodges' number is being called. Will the Defense win another one. Can a great Defense win it all?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Can a great Defense win it all?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXVI

The Patriots gave up a bunch of yards, but turnovers and timely defensive stands stopped the Greatest Show on Turf offense.

Tom Brady was the QB and won the MVP, but not for any particularly good reason. He wasn't yet playing like the GOAT that season - he was more of a surprisingly competent late draft pick, playing smart and steady. In the Super Bowl, he only went 16 of 27, for 145 yards and a touchdown in the game. The Pats defense won it for them.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
IMO you can tell the great defenses when they hit hard on every play, even when their opponent is running out of bounds. SF has this as exemplified by the game on Monday night. NE was at that level in 2002 but not this year. Nevertheless, the d this year is more talented and the system is fully in place.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXVI

The Patriots gave up a bunch of yards, but turnovers and timely defensive stands stopped the Greatest Show on Turf offense.

Tom Brady was the QB and won the MVP, but not for any particularly good reason. He wasn't yet playing like the GOAT that season - he was more of a surprisingly competent late draft pick, playing smart and steady. In the Super Bowl, he only went 16 of 27, for 145 yards and a touchdown in the game. The Pats defense won it for them.

The Patriots won that game because the Rams somehow forgot that they had the best player in the league (Marshall Faulk) until halfway through the 4th quarter at which point they scored 14 points.

If you want to go with a "great defense winning a Super Bowl" team, go with the '85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Well that was a fun game! The first quarter I thought they were trying pretty hard to lose, but it sure improved from there!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
In the minds of many Stiller fans. Did you see all the duck apparel, hats, hoodies, face warmers with duckbills, fans with duck calls, etc?
Yeah, good point... I don't really "get" it though... I think a cute nickname has a lot more brand/marketing power than I realized, and more than I think it should.

Last edited:

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's a darn shame that New England's running game fell apart and their passing shortly followed that spiral.. Said no one outside of MASS eveh!

Funny. It’s hard to have either a good running game or passing game without both. I’d say the odds are they will figure it out by playoff time though.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
The boys looked pretty decent last night. I mean the Cards were hardly a top line team, but I'll take the W.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
It's the Patriots so... But dang the officiating.. terrible

A friend -- who loves the Pats just as much as I do (i.e., not at all) -- posted this:
PatsRefs.png

scott43

Skier
I'm just very confused as to what offensive pass interference is anymore.. The fumble, I get..maybe hard to see.. Man.. And I can't stand them either!!

Sponsor

Staff online