• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This may be obvious, but tonight’s game with the Browns will shed a lot of light on the Steelers playoff hopes going forward.

Personally I think they pick up a win and keep rolling along.

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
This may be obvious, but tonight’s game with the Browns will shed a lot of light on the Steelers playoff hopes going forward.

Personally I think they pick up a win and keep rolling along.
Agreed Coach !

We'll be in great shape if we pick up the win tonight and repeat again at home on Dec 1st.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
This defense is capable of carrying the team. Can this offense do enough to win it? Will it go down to the 2-minute warning and who scores last...again?

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Jesus, Mason has been horrible this entire game. Ugh...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm out... just turned it off. I'll take the chance of not seeing a miracle.... :nono:

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Wow, I just saw the fight from the end of the game. That was, um... something. Pouncey had better not get in trouble for that.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, I just saw the fight from the end of the game. That was, um... something. Pouncey had better not get in trouble for that.
I'd be shocked if Pouncey wasn't suspended. I realize he was justified, but that's just never allowed regardless of the circumstances.

Personally, if I'm the commisioner, I've giving Pouncey 2 games, and Myles Garrett 8. (EDIT: or maybe more so it gets brought back down to that on appeal)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Rudolph should have gone the other way, Regardless, Garret should be charged with criminal assault with a weapon..

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m guessing that Garrett is done for 4-6 games if not the year. Pouncey is getting at least a game off although I don’t think he should.

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
I shut the TV off when Cleveland scored their last TD. Didn't even wait to watch the extra point attempt.

This morning everything is different.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
What is happening to our o-line? Mason was off no doubt but the Brownies sure made the o-line look like rag dolls and still no run game. Now I'm thinking we're really missing Mike Munchak. As for that fight at the end, Garrett will be suspended and it should be for the balance of the season. Talk on ESPN Sports Center at the end of the game said that Garrett has been flagged for numerous personal fouls this year. I think Pouncy will be fined, not suspended. If Pouncy is suspended, maybe for a game.

What is it with Ohio teams? There were so may helmet to helmet shots. I look for a few fines to come down on them for hits to Juju and Diontae Johnson. My guess is both players will be in concussion protocol for some time especially Johnson who was bleeding from the ear. Connor came back too early and reinjured his shoulder.

Steelers playoff hopes now hang on a bunch of second and third teamers.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
That was quick and rightly so. I didn't think the league would come down so heavy on Pouncey. No doubt Pouncey lost it too. In retrospect, Pouncey suspension is justified. I'm still waiting to see if there are fines coming to the three Browns that knocked 2 Steelers out of the game with helmet to helmet hits. When that rule first went into effect I thought it was wrong to punish a defensive back when once bodies were in motion and that movement alone causes helmet to helmet contact. Since I have realized with increasing concussions and CTE becoming known I understand that what the league is trying to do is eliminate using one's body and head like a spear or torpedo. They're trying to mold or encourage "heads up" type tackles. I am in total agreement and also appreciate that officiating flags outcome, not intent.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm a little surprised Rudolph didn't get a game too... he was messing with Garrett's helmet when they were laying on the ground which is part of what prompted the whole thing.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm a little surprised Rudolph didn't get a game too... he was messing with Garrett's helmet when they were laying on the ground which is part of what prompted the whole thing.

I think Garrett laying on him started it but that’s neither here nor there. I’m 100% certain that if Garrett doesn’t swing his helmet and hit Rudolph that no one gets suspended, so to suspend Rudolph would be silly. Pouncey and the other Brown suspended were penalized for their actions AFTER Garrett did his deed. Put another way, helmet swing and hit aside, the rest of the stuff happens in every NFL game.

Sponsor

Staff online