• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Definitely one of the greatest of all time!
729C6231-A3DD-41F1-B14F-D2865C5F9361.jpeg

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I know there’s no Cowboy love in this thread, but Jimmy Johnson’s HOF selection was just announced at halftime of the Packers-S’hawks game. He was a pretty fair cosch himself to say the least. It would have been interesting to see how many SB he would have won had Jerry Jones and his ego been able to leave Johnson alone.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought the announcements of Cowher and JJ making the hall of fame was great tv! Regardless of how you rate their merit, (and I think both were great coaches) these were super powerful moments. You could tell both guys were caught totally cold and very emotionally effected. Fun stuff.

Here's a link for those who missed this: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/1...her-hall-of-fame-induction-2020-live-reaction

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Like I always say... the simply aren't enough Steelers in the Hall of Fame. ogsmile

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
@Eric267 you scooped me on the announcement. I was going to post this but I was in the midst of composing a post for the mid-A Gathering when I heard the news. Troy's humility always blows me away. Of all the Steeler greats he has always been my favorite and as great has his athletic talent is, his decency exceeds that.

There is another Steelers great who is also the epitome sportsmanship and whose credentials equals to or exceeds others who have been accepted into the Hall and who once again was passed over, Alan Faneca. As @dbostedo said, there simply aren't enough Steelers in the Hall of Fame, L.C.Greenwood and Hines Ward also come to mind. This notion of Steelers fatigue among those who vote on candidates upset me. It should not matter how many from your team have received the honor before or how many are being accepted in the current crop. One should be judged on their individual body of work.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Only the national sports media is in love with a QB going to the Steelers with pick #49. The mood in the 'burgh is to get Ben help now and worry about his replacement later. RB might be their first pick but if they have a WR rated higher than what's left on board at RB then WR it will be. The thinking is WR is deep and one can be had later (AB was 6th round selection) RB is thin in this draft. If a really good one is on the board then RB it is. Maybe a tight end that is a sure bet, that's a long shot with the signing of Ebron. I think the Steelers will draft an offensive playmaker than can help right now.