• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
OK, I finally got down to Moment and picked up my Tahoes from their spa treatment. The word from the Moment guys is:
Hot Mess is the PB&J. Same construction, shorter lengths and 10mm narrower at 89 (162cm) and 91 (172). Seems to have a very smooth flex through the entire ski. Lots of tip and tail rocker but camber under foot.
View attachment 58171

Sierra is the lady's version of the Deathwish. Again, same construction but scaled back to 162 and 172, 95 and 99 underfoot respectively. They retain the "triple camber" profile that the Deathwish has. I have several friends who ski the Deathwish in one version or another and love them. I'll be trying mine soon.
View attachment 58172

Bella is the same build as the Meridian including a full rocker profile. 162 and 172, 107mm underfoot.
View attachment 58176

The Commander 98 and 108 go down to 168cm for the stronger or heavier lady who wants some metal in the ski. The shape is very intriguing with a low rise tip and less tail rise than some of the other Moment offerings.
View attachment 58177

If you're not looking for metal or want a shorter ski they suggest the Sierra which, while still a strong ski, is not as stiff overall as the Commanders. They didn't take the Commanders any shorter as they felt that much metal in a shorter ski would be a bit too much.

The touring models of Deathwish and Meridian go down to 171 and the Wildcat Tour drops to 174 for the ladies who may want to hike for turns.

In short, the layups and shapes are the same, as noted above. Lengths and widths have been changed to protect the innocent. :eek:

Wow, thanks @Andy Mink! I wonder how the Hot Mess or Sierra might perform in the Sierra cement/crud. Hoping I can make their demo day whenever it might happen at Rose.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
B0A44A7B-F59F-4FC4-B1AD-E4EF2FBE3A94.jpeg

Holy F^*%#!!!!

Picked up some used Jaguar Sharks & mounted em up around the holes. So much fun cutting back against the grain today, angulation heaven!! Soft shovels handled the manky junk well.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
View attachment 58452

Holy F^*%#!!!!

Picked up some used Jaguar Sharks & mounted em up around the holes. So much fun cutting back against the grain today, angulation heaven!! Soft shovels handled the manky junk well.

Glad you liked the softer flexing, flatter tail Bibby! Bet they are fun too. Love the graphic and color matching bindings on them. Looks good!
Those the 182cm? Where did you end up mounting them?

Last edited:

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Glad you liked the softer flexing, flatter tail Bibby! Bet they are fun too. Love the graphic and color matching bindings on them. Looks good!
Those the 182cm? Where did you end up mounting them?

Yes they are 182’s. I wanted em mounted -1, but they ended up + ~0.5. They have a few mounts on em.

I was really impressed. There are a ton of skis that are silly floppy & do nada. Then lesser that are longitudinaly stiff & become hooky- they tend to force ya inside / inclined & holding on for the ride. These let ya close the radius down or feather it longer & then at a seconds notice, whip em across the hill like a surfer rippin a wave.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Probably more fun at the position you have them
now as the mount on those were a bit further back. Think it was about -8.5cm back/2.5cm further back than the Bibby’s were last year.

Making me even more excited to get ripping on my Bibby’s!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I popped the Deathwishes on today. Wrong tool for the job.:doh: Hard, low angle groomers. I bumped them back about 2cm and they were better. I put them back in the truck and got the Tahoes out and that fixed the issue.:D This was my first time with the DWs. I'm sure they work well in some conditions with some skiers but today was not the day nor the skier!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Had the 184cm 2018 Bibby’s out a few times in early season Ontario Canada snow after things got a bit bumpy in the afternoons. Were initially a bit catchy but once detuned from tip/tail to contact points like recommended they were easy to pivot into shorter turns once you got the speed up a bit.

Shocking how easy they are to ski through crud and it’s easy to see why they are the reference standard in a playful charger powder ski. 50mph feels like 35mph on these skis. Now I’m even more intrigued to ski the new Wildcat which is supposed to be be an improvement over the Bibby which is hard to believe.

If they made a similar shape/profile model in-between the PB&J and Wildcat, like a Wildcat Non Tour 108, it would be a great alternative to those looking at the Enforcer 104 or 110. Fingers crossed they eventually do.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
If they made a similar shape/profile model in-between the PB&J and Wildcat, like a Wildcat Non Tour 108, it would be a great alternative to those looking at the Enforcer 104 or 110. Fingers crossed they eventually do.

They'll make you a custom one today if you want it for price of PB&J + $200.

Or wait til next year -- there have been rumbles of that exact ski. Though I could see the hesitation when the Commander 108 exists and is a bit more Enforcer like (1/2 shee of metal, slightly more directional, but still ample tip/tail rocker.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
They'll make you a custom one today if you want it for price of PB&J + $200.

Or wait til next year -- there have been rumbles of that exact ski. Though I could see the hesitation when the Commander 108 exists and is a bit more Enforcer like (1/2 shee of metal, slightly more directional, but still ample tip/tail rocker.

Know of both situations I’m afraid for my pocket book as I’ve eyed the Commander 98 for an afternoon crud buster and saw everyone this year doing the PB&J Deathwish.

Trouble is I already want a 184cm Wildcat to replace my 184cm Bibby as I hear it’s even better, wouldn’t mind a Commander for high speed charging and want this narrower 184cm 108 Wildcat too. And I’m in Canada with crappy exchange and have no vital organs I could sell off! Lol

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thinking I’m going to bite the bullet and get them to build my 108 Wildcat. Sent them a message to get the ball rolling.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thinking I’m going to bite the bullet and get them to build my 108 Wildcat. Sent them a message to get the ball rolling.
Keep us updated.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Will do!
Had the Bibby’s out on Thursday and sealed the deal over waiting over the Enforcer 104 or something else. Such great skis and keep hearing the Wildcats are even better. Charging wet heavy crud effortlessly, hitting side hits doing shiftys everywhere and hitting insane speeds on empty groomers.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Spotted an almost new pair of Moment PB&J skis online for about $300 after I sell off the attached Atomic Tracker 13 bindings on them. Have a set of Attack2 13 on their way to mount on them instead. So I'll have my skinnier Bibby for about 30% of the cost of ordering a custom standard 108 Wildcat. I'll get the 108 Wildcat after it becomes a regular item eventually.

Sponsor

Staff online