• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Pretty sure the Blister has been in the making for a while -- had to spend time getting topsheet ready, pressing all those skis etc. I'm sure there are more Wildcats in the queue.

I'll make sure to post up pics here when I mount up my buddies Chipotle Blades.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
This is Me with my Deathwishes (190cm) in NM a few years back:

Superb skis, still have em.

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 6.09.22 PM.JPG

colospgmike

Putting on skis
Skier
blister/bibby/wildcat same ski with wildcat name new this year.The blister pro gets its own topsheet each year. Just looked at the blister pro on the moment site this am. Looks sweet I know they did change the bibby 5 years ago? for a bit. All well documented on the Blister site. 3 seasons now on the 2nd gen blister pro 190. The sec there is 6-8 plus on the slopes out they come.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Deathwish has been a ski I've wanted to add to my quiver for a couple years now......

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Liz is very interested in the 172 Sierra as a daily driver. I would be VERY interested in a skinny Deathwish.

112 is as skinny as they get.......

Not necessarily. Moment has offered to make a PB&J / Deathwish mashup: PB&J shape (101mm waist), Deathwish camber and Deathwish flex. There is a thread on the TGR about it. I was leading the charge but family life got in the way.

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not necessarily. Moment has offered to make a PB&J / Deathwish mashup: PB&J shape (101mm waist), Deathwish camber and Deathwish flex. There is a thread on the TGR about it. I was leading the charge but family life got in the way.

Yeah, I saw that. It looks really interesting. I'm tapped out this year, but my DD is up for renewal next season. We'll see what is available.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Liz is very interested in the 172 Sierra as a daily driver. I would be VERY interested in a skinny Deathwish.
I stopped short of getting down on my knees and begging for a skinny Moment ski. I'm talking down in the 80's, a frontside beast. I can tell you it's not going to happen anytime soon. As mentioned above, the guys at Moment know their niche and clientele and are happy to stay there. And that's OK.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I stopped short of getting down on my knees and begging for a skinny Moment ski. I'm talking down in the 80's, a frontside beast. I can tell you it's not going to happen anytime soon. As mentioned above, the guys at Moment know their niche and clientele and are happy to stay there. And that's OK.

They make one for Japan....mid 80s waist. They just don't sell it in North America. http://momentskis.jp/?p=5925 . Maybe you should beg @Jim McDonald to bring a set back to the US?

Might be available as a custom?

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier

I It's good for the smaller companies to specialize anyway. Trying to be everything to everybody isn't going to work with a small team.

My wish for skinny was relative though, like ~100mm. The triple camber is intriguing, but I don't need another 110+ ski.

I'm sure the PB&J and Commander 98 are fine skis as well.

I have a pretty good "long list" at this point...I probably don't need to add another contender anyway :)

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
On the subject of Moments, has there ever been any official reason given for the squared off shovels of most Moment skis? It's a striking look (marketing), but as for any real advantage, I'm at a loss. Easier to attach skins? Production is easier since less work shaving the tips? I would think tip flap would be worse, but most of their offerings are powder oriented.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
On the subject of Moments, has there ever been any official reason given for the squared off shovels of most Moment skis? It's a striking look (marketing), but as for any real advantage, I'm at a loss. Easier to attach skins? Production is easier since less work shaving the tips? I would think tip flap would be worse, but most of their offerings are powder oriented.
Paging @Philpug to the Moment courtesy phone. I remember him explaining it but I forget what he said. It was last week, after all!

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
They make one for Japan....mid 80s waist. They just don't sell it in North America. http://momentskis.jp/?p=5925 . Maybe you should beg @Jim McDonald to bring a set back to the US?

Might be available as a custom?
I asked them about that. The Strega is made for the lighter Japanese skier. They said it wouldn't be very good for the average or heavier US skier. There is no plan or desire to produce a American/Canadianized version.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm sure the PB&J and Commander 98 are fine skis as well.
The Commander 98 looks really nice. I have the outgoing Tahoe at 96 underfoot and it is a good ski but really wants to go fast to carve well. The Commander is a different shape, different camber, and different profile. I'm looking forward to getting on it.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Paging @Philpug to the Moment courtesy phone. I remember him explaining it but I forget what he said. It was last week, after all!

It went back to their first prototype..which they have there. The wanted something different so the took a saw and just cut the tip off.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online