• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
The only Moment ski with normal round tip/tails is the David Wise Transition ski that David used to win Gold in the Olympic half pipe. I guess he was used to the feel of grabbing traditional tips when doing tricks so they kept them round. Guess it worked!

Blister Pro is just a “more tame” topsheet for those who don’t want the more colorful Bibby or Wildcat topsheet now. Not me, I’m super excited to have bindings mounted tomorrow on my “new to me” 2018 Moment Bibby with amazing graphics.

Last edited:

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The commander looks interesting. Sort of a lighter enforcer based on the shape.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
FWIW, the Japanese distributor seems to be aiming the JPY 98,000 (before 8% tax) Strega S at (to paraphrase their copy):
Bump skiers who charge the zipperline hard
The skis is available in
172 at 115-84-108 R17.5
162 at 112-82-104 R16.5
I'm not going to make it to N.America this coming season, but would be happy to carry a pair to Zurich (in March) if anyone is seriously interested.

I visited the Moment guys a few years back, and Luke gave me the shop tour and fixed me up with two (2!) pairs of skis to try out (Deathwish & Tahoe).
Full disclosure: I'm a big fan

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Always been a fan but somehow never pulled the trigger. They pretty much hit the hill when I moved out here in 2003 and have gained quite the cult following since. Been n a few versions over the year but could never get over the tip shape and a lot of the different graphics. Cool lookin, Just not quite my cup of tea.

Definitely dig the more square/roundish tip they have been going with on a few of their boards as of lately. Really like the look of the blister/Bibby pro with the flat maroon topsheet, definitely my style and a full on charger for sure. Too bad they say blister on them... I'm kind of picky, what can I say

image.jpeg

The only thing better than one deathwish, is two deathwishes.

KZ5r94W.jpg
Quite the indie collection! Been on a few of those and have the freeride in 194 same graphics

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I will. Luke and I have been communicating and once Rose gets fully opened (Chutes & all) we will work on getting something set up.
We may not want to wait for the Chutes or it may or may not happen.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Can anyone speak to the ladies skis made by Moment. I think someone of you who've commented have wives or girlfriends or ladies in your lives who've been on them. I typically ski men's skis because while I don't want to ski a tank, I like a solid ski and given my non petite stature I often don't find that with ladies offerings. That said I'm not opposed to a women's ski. I'm likely going to be able to demo a moment before I buy one so I was just curious if how the ladies skis stacked up. Do they have a solid feel to them or should I just go straight to the PB & J which is what I've always been after. Thanks.

Oh yeah and a comment about Mount Rose, hopefully they'll open up very soon and this is just a temporary setback. If it's any consolation we're about to get slammed with a sh!t ton of rain here and I'm fearful what this will do our early season happiness that's been going on thus far.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Can anyone speak to the ladies skis made by Moment. I think someone of you who've commented have wives or girlfriends or ladies in your lives who've been on them. I typically ski men's skis because while I don't want to ski a tank, I like a solid ski and given my non petite stature I often don't find that with ladies offerings. That said I'm not opposed to a women's ski. I'm likely going to be able to demo a moment before I buy one so I was just curious if how the ladies skis stacked up. Do they have a solid feel to them or should I just go straight to the PB & J which is what I've always been after. Thanks.

Oh yeah and a comment about Mount Rose, hopefully they'll open up very soon and this is just a temporary setback. If it's any consolation we're about to get slammed with a sh!t ton of rain here and I'm fearful what this will do our early season happiness that's been going on thus far.

IIRC, the ladies skis are just scaled sizes of the men's skis with alternative graphics.

I am not worried about Rose, it is still just October.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
IIRC, the ladies skis are just scaled sizes of the men's skis with alternative graphics.

I am not worried about Rose, it is still just October.

Excellent about Moment, thanks.

Yeah it's early season and goes long so there's plenty of time. Least you guys got out there already so that's awesome.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Can anyone speak to the ladies skis made by Moment.
I'll be going over there to pick my skis up, probably next week. I'll take a look at the Hot Mess and Sierra. One of those is the Deathwish. The other may be the Tahoe but I'm not 100%.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'll be going over there to pick my skis up, probably next week. I'll take a look at the Hot Mess and Sierra. One of those is the Deathwish. The other may be the Tahoe but I'm not 100%.

Thanks. I mean I need skis like I need a hole in the head but it's always nice to know if the ladies/mens are the same so that just gives me that many more choices of topsheets once I figure out which width I might be after.

:beercheer:

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Yeah, I'm definitely curious to try the women's skis - the Hot Mess and the Sierra. I need women's because I'm a shortie. The 162 might actually be a little long for me (5'1"), but looking at the profile, they seem to have a decent amount of rocker, so assuming they ski shorter. IIRC @skibob had a pair of the Sierras to sell, which was tempting....

But I definitely don't need skis. However, I like to test niche/smaller brands when they're available, so I know how they ski for the next time I might be looking - since they're hard to find in demo shops.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Yeah, I'm definitely curious to try the women's skis - the Hot Mess and the Sierra. I need women's because I'm a shortie. The 162 might actually be a little long for me (5'1"), but looking at the profile, they seem to have a decent amount of rocker, so assuming they ski shorter. IIRC @skibob had a pair of the Sierras to sell, which was tempting....

But I definitely don't need skis. However, I like to test niche/smaller brands when they're available, so I know how they ski for the next time I might be looking - since they're hard to find in demo shops.

I've become very fond of indie brands in the past couple years and have 2 soon to be 3 pairs of Meiers skis. Not to thread derail but if you ever get the chance to hop on a Meier, they are heck of a lot of fun. Unlike many other manufacturers they actually have a wide variety of sizes in their men's offerings from the mid to high 150s and up and up from there. They are in Denver and have demo days all around the US so check em out if you get the chance. Now back to the regularly scheduled programming ;). Indie brands are great. I've always heard great things about Moment so they've always been in the back of my mind.

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
9267E996-5673-403D-9F5C-9D14EBFC9E70.jpeg
Finally got my Bibby’s mounted up today! Now, pray for lots of snow.

For the ladies asking about Moment skis, lots of discussion about their skis lately on Teton Gravity site under “GearTalk” and the Moment thread. One women just ordered a pair of 174cm Wildcat skis based on info gained from that thread. Moment designers and owners responding to questions on that thread along with moment ski owners.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Just slightly forward of recommended which is -6cm back because of a previous mount. I’m maybe -5.25cm back now which is fine as I’m used to forward mounts(-3cm, -4cm and -2.5 back on my other skis) and these skis work great from plus or minus a bit from their recommended.
Super excited to try them out!

Bindings as I’m used to the light Attack bindings and always get them for a deal.

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
View attachment 56692 Finally got my Bibby’s mounted up today! Now, pray for lots of snow.

For the ladies asking about Moment skis, lots of discussion about their skis lately on Teton Gravity site under “GearTalk” and the Moment thread. One women just ordered a pair of 174cm Wildcat skis based on info gained from that thread. Moment designers and owners responding to questions on that thread along with moment ski owners.

That was Liz!

They look great. Just need to get them on snow

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Can anyone speak to the ladies skis made by Moment.

Yeah, I'm definitely curious to try the women's skis - the Hot Mess and the Sierra.

OK, I finally got down to Moment and picked up my Tahoes from their spa treatment. The word from the Moment guys is:
Hot Mess is the PB&J. Same construction, shorter lengths and 10mm narrower at 89 (162cm) and 91 (172). Seems to have a very smooth flex through the entire ski. Lots of tip and tail rocker but camber under foot.
Hot_Mess.png

Sierra is the lady's version of the Deathwish. Again, same construction but scaled back to 162 and 172, 95 and 99 underfoot respectively. They retain the "triple camber" profile that the Deathwish has. I have several friends who ski the Deathwish in one version or another and love them. I'll be trying mine soon.
Sierra_9ee4470f-1a3b-458f-bdb5-9d5df75cf531.png

Bella is the same build as the Meridian including a full rocker profile. 162 and 172, 107mm underfoot.
Bella_ec5e84e1-8ab5-4f7e-b976-78021bf25555.png

The Commander 98 and 108 go down to 168cm for the stronger or heavier lady who wants some metal in the ski. The shape is very intriguing with a low rise tip and less tail rise than some of the other Moment offerings.
Commander.png

If you're not looking for metal or want a shorter ski they suggest the Sierra which, while still a strong ski, is not as stiff overall as the Commanders. They didn't take the Commanders any shorter as they felt that much metal in a shorter ski would be a bit too much.

The touring models of Deathwish and Meridian go down to 171 and the Wildcat Tour drops to 174 for the ladies who may want to hike for turns.

nice to know if the ladies/mens are the same
In short, the layups and shapes are the same, as noted above. Lengths and widths have been changed to protect the innocent. :eek:

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online