• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Now in our second season (still not over) of skiing together I had asked my wife to go back to Jackson for a second time after going in December. When she didn’t seem very interested I pressed her and asked her if she doesn’t like to ski. She responded with “l’m skiing to be with you and do things that make you happy”. Not that I needed a reminder about how good I have it, but there it was.

Last edited:

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've been skiing for most of my life and my usual early in the dating period of a relationship was to tell the girl that if they wanted to see me on weekends they would need to come skiing. Most of the time they would gloss over it until about December when they would realize that I was actually serious, didn't have any girlfriends in the winter time!

That was until my to-be wife and I started going out in August of 2012, I told her the same thing about skiing on weekends. However, this time around I had a few more things in my favor. See, my sister and her are super close friends and had actually spent a good portion of their elementary and middle school age playing, hanging out, and trying to snowboard. Emphasis on trying, because I only saw them sitting on their boards. So besides our relationship status, she would get to hang out with her friend while out on the slopes.. it also mentioned that if she got irritated at me, I could send her off with my sister and the day wouldn't be ruined in her eyes. It was a bit of a winning situation.

Between my dad, sister, and myself we taught her to ski, got her hooked on gear, and I actually had a girlfriend during the winter months. Anyways, we got married in 2016 and it's now 2 years into our marriage and she's now a super solid advanced intermediate skier and just finished her first full season as a ski patroller along side me. We skied the same number of days this season and had a blast. We are adventure buddies :)

Sponsor

Staff online