• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Not very!

Actually, it depends on who they are playing ... I checked schedule and second week Dec home games are FL and TB, so it will be really easy.

Looks like the Panthers are in the wheelhouse..we'll probably pick that game. Thanks S! :D Best way to get to the arena?

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Are you dissing the Panthers????? :(

No, just their fan base. (Or should that be in parens...)

Games against Original 6 teams (well, most of them) and teams from the Midwest tend to get as many away fans as home fans, since there are so many transplants here. Florida is ... different in that respect. That's all.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like the Panthers are in the wheelhouse..we'll probably pick that game. Thanks S! :D Best way to get to the arena?

Will you have car? You'll just come east down I-70 and get to I-25 either straight off 70 and approach from the north, or get onto 6 and come in from the south. Pepsi Center is right off I-25. I would just see what traffic is doing and choose that day; 6 will probably be the best bet.

Ping me when it gets closer ... are you planning on coming into Denver earlier that day for eating or anything? I can help with parking and restaurant recs.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Looks like we'll spend a day or two in Denver, probably do a few things for the kid including the game. Probably just stay downtown? Then head out to ski land. Hotel and restaurant recs are appreciated. Thanks!

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier
Looks like we'll spend a day or two in Denver, probably do a few things for the kid including the game. Probably just stay downtown? Then head out to ski land. Hotel and restaurant recs are appreciated. Thanks!

I love Linger also Snooze for brunch downtown. Linger has terrific food and used to be a mortuary! It has great cocktails for parents ;) I always enjoy Jagged Mountain Brewery and the Wynkoop Brewery. If you don't mind a short drive to food: Denver Biscuit Company. OMG. So decadent yet so amazing. It's the most American place I've ever eaten at.

The downtown has a lot of big box hotels for the most part - they will all be similar and around $200+ US per night. You might want to check out the Oxford? Otherwise, it's pretty much Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton etc

Our kids always love The Tattered Cover (http://www.tatteredcover.com/) on the 16th Street Mall, and the Denver Museum of Nature and Science (http://www.dmns.org/) is great for all ages. Oh and don't forget to hit up the massive REI downtown across the Platte.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I love Linger also Snooze for brunch downtown. Linger has terrific food and used to be a mortuary! It has great cocktails for parents ;) I always enjoy Jagged Mountain Brewery and the Wynkoop Brewery. If you don't mind a short drive to food: Denver Biscuit Company. OMG. So decadent yet so amazing. It's the most American place I've ever eaten at.

The downtown has a lot of big box hotels for the most part - they will all be similar and around $200+ US per night. You might want to check out the Oxford? Otherwise, it's pretty much Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton etc

Our kids always love The Tattered Cover (http://www.tatteredcover.com/) on the 16th Street Mall, and the Denver Museum of Nature and Science (http://www.dmns.org/) is great for all ages. Oh and don't forget to hit up the massive REI downtown across the Platte.

Yeah I would look into the Oxford, then you can easily hit the Cruise Room, which is a Denver institution. The Aquarium and the Children's Museum are near the REI. Lots of friendly brew pubs and tasting rooms around there. Drive by the City and County Building, which gets all lit up for Christmas. I'm sure we'll have more ideas later!

city-county-lights.jpg

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier
Yeah I would look into the Oxford, then you can easily hit the Cruise Room, which is a Denver institution. The Aquarium and the Children's Museum are near the REI. Lots of friendly brew pubs and tasting rooms around there. Drive by the City and County Building, which gets all lit up for Christmas. I'm sure we'll have more ideas later!

city-county-lights.jpg

Yes the lights! Totally forgot to mention those. They are awesome!

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Ok, so I hate these kinds of questions but there's a wealth of knowledge here... So second week of December, who has good snow ( I know I know..) and decent terrain? Has to be ski-in/ski-out, price isn't a huge issue and, most importantly, a toddler has to be entertained for this week!! Beaver Creek? Aspen? I'm thinking something with a town is more likely to provide some fun for the kid but the ski-in/out thing is hard in a town. Help!!!

If you got money then McCoy Peak Lodge in Beaver Creek is one of the best ski in / ski out properties I have ever been to. Beaver Creek has excellent snowmaking and grooming so it is a very reliable place to go. Prices are MUCH lower the second week of December than the last week of Dec. obviously. Beaver Creek is superb for kids. The place just does not get much of the hard core / aggro crowd that Breck or even Vail gets although during that time of the year you are looking onto going basically crowds are extremely low everywhere baring a huge pow day. Vail and Breck have some excellent properties as well. I have stayed at Beaver Run in Breck and it was fun and not really expensive. It is technically not ski in ski out but just cross the street and you are on the slopes. Breck is a cool little town.

Sponsor