• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sandals with socks - Yes or no?

Socks with sandals?

• Yes

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • No

Votes: 70 66.7%
  • Poll flawed

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I'm going with "no," except in the case of a signed directive from a Board Certified Podiatrist.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm going with "no," except in the case of a signed directive from a Board Certified Podiatrist.
I knew I could count on you.
I'll buy you a :rocks: next time I see you.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@ScotsSkier This look was being put together as Phil was getting ready to leave to go to your house. I should have allowed him to go that way so you could "handle" the situation in person.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Dude....with flipflops? That's twice as bad :nono:
Right??!
This thread is hilarious. I would like to comment that if a dude wants to increase his odds of getting some "action", then do NOT wear sandals and socks. Although, I will say, I did see it a lot in the PNW, and wool socks with Berks might be the exception. I think there is a picture of Eddie Vedder out there somewhere wearing wool socks and Berks, and flannel, of course. I should go hunt it down.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Right??!
This thread is hilarious. I would like to comment that if a dude wants to increase his odds of getting some "action", then do NOT wear sandals and socks. Although, I will say, I did see it a lot in the PNW, and wool socks with Berks might be the exception. I think there is a picture of Eddie Vedder out there somewhere wearing wool socks and Berks, and flannel, of course. I should go hunt it down.

Oh Geez, you need to get out more

Zip-off legs would complete the picture. My brother rocks that look. :roflmao:

Zip off leg cargo shorts are light years better than sandals with socks. Cargo shorts and a nice untucked plaid fishing shirt with driving shoes is a great look

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
:yeah:

With the caveat of closed-toe sandals only (Keens, Crocs, etc.) and/or solid-colored socks being required.

Six months out of the year, I bike so much that my legs and feet always seem like metabolic infernos.

Shoes are out of the question, being reserved for weddings, funerals, and dog hikes.

Socks are OCCASIONALLY required to start a cool day, and sometimes, a guy can't be bothered packing multiple pair of footwear in the car for the day, esp when on the way to a bike ride or something similar. So, again,

:yeah:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is still being discussed. Move on..nothing to see here.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
No. I think the only time I'd find it acceptable it to/from a bike ride where you'll be putting bike shoes on.

On the way to the soccer game before putting on your cleats then again after the game for the ride home, stopping for fast food along the way.

Sponsor

Staff online