• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sandals with socks - Yes or no?

Socks with sandals?

• Yes

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • No

Votes: 63 64.9%
  • Poll flawed

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Hi, my name is Kevin and I have worn socks with sandals. I think it's more comfortable. I don't wear sandals very often though, so maybe I just have the wrong sandals?

Plus my feet (and everything else) gets sunburned easily, and sunburned feet suck, so I wear socks.

And on top of all of that, I'm the original Dress This Mess client (see the revised "cool" look in my avatar picture), but I stopped taking lessons after "ski jackets" and we never got to "sandals". So what do I know?

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Hell no.

Though I breached this immutable rule twice at the weekend when changing out of my hiking boots to drive home. The shame.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm of the opinion that I really don't give a rats' ass about what anyone else thinks of my fashion sense, or lack thereof. Go ahead and wear the socks with sandals if you want, in private or in public. Then again, as Poseanne noted, I'm in the PNW, we're kind of weird.

I also get cold feet, so sometimes the wool socks are a necessary thing.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Why are we still even talking about it . Its wrong.. if your feet are cold , sandals are done. Put on shoes.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
They breathe nicely.. :D
Look at these guys just rockin' it!!!
socks-sandals3.jpg

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
Having lived at a major east coast beach where sandals were considered year round wear by locals the rule was as follows:

* socks for LOCALS - never under any circumstances

* socks for tourists with sandals - after Labor day (white or black only)

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Well when I cracked a toe in college my doctor said to let it just heal, he said I should wear sandals, so I got 'prescription' sandals and wore them with socks.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I

I did a double take before I could figure out what was going on here.

I think the only time it looks "ok" to wear sock with sandals is when you are going to/from an athletic activity and you're wearing something like this:

upload_2017-9-20_14-31-57.jpeg

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi, my name is Kevin and I have worn socks with sandals. I think it's more comfortable. I don't wear sandals very often though, so maybe I just have the wrong sandals?

Plus my feet (and everything else) gets sunburned easily, and sunburned feet suck, so I wear socks.

And on top of all of that, I'm the original Dress This Mess client (see the revised "cool" look in my avatar picture), but I stopped taking lessons after "ski jackets" and we never got to "sandals". So what do I know?
So, you're saying that we need to get @margaritamarcia and Betsy (@dondenver) to weigh in?

@scott43 I can't unsee that. :nono:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
View attachment 29949

Missing the aviator sunglasses. But this has been the Halloween costume of choice for the college kids.

Of course, I wear black socks with my dress pants for work or formal situations.

Socks and sandals is the trend of the future.

Eric
Dude....with flipflops? That's twice as bad :nono:

Sponsor