• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sandals with socks - Yes or no?

Socks with sandals?

• Yes

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • No

Votes: 63 64.9%
  • Poll flawed

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
Acceptable only if you have toes that look like mine. I'd post pictures but this is a family blog.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Poll is flawed, terribly flawed. Any combination of footwear is perfectly acceptable at any time of day.
What's not acceptable outside the comfort of one's home is shorts on a grown man! :nono:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's not like I was wearing cargo shorts!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
:duck:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm amazed that there are any yes votes besides Phil's. :nono:
I don't recall a time when it was more appropriate to use this emoji over and over. :nono:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Crazy groupthink. Cool day. Try it yourself. One way on each foot. Give it a couple hours. Wool socks ftw in northern New England. Don't be browbeaten by the discomfort police.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Fashion notes from Sheldon Cooper?!?! :eek:

Actually Jon Mathews was a very cool guy. He was discussing "doubly-forbidden transition rules" but was taking an example from the game of Kriegspeil, which is chess where you can't see the opponent's pieces. The referee tells you if a move is legal, for example trying to move a pawn through another piece. But to prevent mind-games like trying obviously illegal moves to give the impression of desperation, the referee is allowed to say "not only no, but hell no." I've found it a useful concept in a broad range of life experiences.

He took a year off to sail around the world and, sadly, was lost at sea in a storm in the Indian Ocean.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Mathews

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
We were up to 33%..now down to 31.7%..C'mon. I need your support!

Put on a proper pair of trousers and I'll vote for you twice!

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm of the opinion that I really don't give a rats' ass about what anyone else thinks of my fashion sense, or lack thereof. Go ahead and wear the socks with sandals if you want, in private or in public. Then again, as Poseanne noted, I'm in the PNW, we're kind of weird.

I also get cold feet, so sometimes the wool socks are a necessary thing.

How can you possibly put fashion sense and PNW in the same paragraph??????:doh: And I lived in Portland Oregon for 3 years so I know what I speak of....:rolleyes:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
There is a debate going on at Chez Ziggy.
The weather has dropped a bit which has inspired @Philpug to start wearing socks, but he's still in the mood to enjoy wearing his sandals.
While we were out a few days ago, I realized he was wearing socks with his sandals, which didn't strike me as good fashion sense.

Today we're getting ready to go out and I see him putting this combo together. I said, ......Ummmmmm No!
Phil insists that its okay.
View attachment 29936

@Ziggy groaned.
Before or after Easter?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sponsor

Staff online