• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
good question! thanks for asking Life is always complicated. Very long story short- 2.5 weeks after hip surgery while on crutches, my Supraspanatus and bicep tendon tore. >80% on the supra and partial on bicep. Surgery was on May 28. that's healing very well but I strongly advise that when you need crutches to not tear your rotator. :). My L4/L5/S1 are not happy, I am getting epidural and facet injections on the 8th. I am cleared to ride my road bike on Aug 20th depending on how the back feels.

Last edited:

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Supraspanatus
???

sWPLlMP3.jpg

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
WOW, Ron. I was looking for a cheerful report of leaps of improvement from the other end of your torso. Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Was this a slip/fall with the crutch?

Heal CAREFULLY!!!

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I have had cortisones injections on it since April 2018, hoping it would hold out while waiting for hip surgery. apparently it didnt. :). on st patties day, it literally popped. nasty sound and sensation. Went local OS, who injected it twice in 2 weeks, said it would be fine. Was able to get into Dr Hackett at Vail late April , took one look at the same MRI, did a few tests and said its toast. once he got in, it was 80% gone and the surrounding tissue had degraded, Bicep tendon was partially torn with degraded tissue, they alway sever and relocate the bicep tendon anyway so it was good that it was addressed before it got worse.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I have had cortisones injections on it since April 2018, hoping it would hold out while waiting for hip surgery. apparently it didnt. :). on st patties day, it literally popped. nasty sound and sensation. Went local OS, who injected it twice in 2 weeks, said it would be fine. Was able to get into Dr Hackett at Vail late April , took one look at the same MRI, did a few tests and said its toast. once he got in, it was 80% gone and the surrounding tissue had degraded, Bicep tendon was partially torn with degraded tissue, they alway sever and relocate the bicep tendon anyway so it was good that it was addressed before it got worse.

I think you need a body transplant, or a brain transplant into a healthy young body!

I hope you continue to heal and your back settles down.

Reactions: Ron

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You've got all the positive vibes we can send your way. I hope to see you later this fall.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think you need a body transplant, or a brain transplant into a healthy young body!

I hope you continue to heal and your back settles down.

As long as you are putting in the order, would you get one for me too?

So sorry to hear about the back issues Ron. Hope the injections work.
Sending healing thoughts from us as well.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Ditto everyone else's thoughts. Heal fast & well!

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
yes, you can google him. US snowboard surgeon and I can't even begin to list he NFl, NHL, Baseball, baseball players he's repaired. Probably one of the top 5 or so shoulder surgeons in the USA.

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
As well as knee and ankle. He put seven screws and a plate in my left knee.

New orthopods come from all over to train with him

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I didnt know he did your leg! I see him again in a few weeks. I'll say hi for ya'. Super good guy too. I really dont care about bedside manner as long as they do a good job but he's a really good guy. Has taken so much time with me and really cares, his staff has been super responsive and knowledgeable.

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
Yeah, he cleaned out my wife's knee before my tibia plateau damage, and subsequently cleaned out the knee of one of my daughters. He sent me elsewhere for the Achilles repair. Maybe it's elbows and not ankles. Only surgeon I know (I used to work as a scrub tech passing instruments to surgeons of all type) who wears cowboy boots.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
yeah, elbows (Tommy John ) is one of his specialties but primarily its shoulders and knees.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
I didnt know he did your leg! I see him again in a few weeks. I'll say hi for ya'. Super good guy too. I really dont care about bedside manner as long as they do a good job but he's a really good guy. Has taken so much time with me and really cares, his staff has been super responsive and knowledgeable.

My family has a frequent flier card with him. One daughters ACL, the other's shoulder and soon to be the wife's knee. I think my wife wants to stay awake for the surgery so she can stare at his dimples.

Sponsor