• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Heal well!

GNAR and Hot Dog are you next movies?

The revisions sound a lot worse than my first Birmingham hip. Hope I can avoid your situation. (I'd get in a lot of marital trouble if I end up in the same bed as Julia.) What caused the earlier hip to fail?

Eric

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
I was feeling grumpy about the swelling on my "sixth toe" and how it was reducing my vert for the day. Then I read this.

Sounds like you have the best of care and a plan to get through the recovery. Stay positive!

Reactions: Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I was feeling grumpy about the swelling on my "sixth toe" and how it was reducing my vert for the day. Then I read this.

Sounds like you have the best of care and a plan to get through the recovery. Stay positive!

everything is relative to one's own universe so a painful 6th toe sucks! Stay positive. :).

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
@Ron I will be in Steamboat next weekend with the fam, I know you're not skiing but are you après-ing?

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
. I should clarify. You can’t be at 90* at waist. So for cat cow you modify a little. . And of course bending is kind of mandatory on the toilet. :roflmao: Which is why on toilet a straight leg will lower the hip angle. TMI. The front of the hip is very sore after surgery so forward of 90* pinches a lot I modified above. Thanks. Essentially unless you want to sit either slumped back or way forward it really does t work well. Hope that make sense. Oh getting off toilet with crutches is easier.

When walking with crutches you can put 20# of foot pressure on the foot.

Still beats the hell out of a bedpan

For Fuller: I've found that "sixth toe" syndrome frequently results more from the footbed pressing up under that part of the foot than from pressure in from the boot shell. I've had boot punches not provide much relief until I took the footbed out and made it thinner along the outside edge.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Best of luck Ron ( aka THE GENLEMAN FROM JERSEY) !!
My beautiful bride was admiring one of the the items ,,,,,that beautiful Flylow jacket you generously,,,,,GAVE ,,,,,basically to me and I reminded her of you.
I’m sure you’ll be putting in a couple months and getting that short game tuned up !!

Reactions: Ron

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wishing you a solid recovery that gets you back to this and beyond very soon:
copy-of-dscn4513-jpg.40930

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@Jim Kenney I dont think I ever saw that pic, where did you take that? thanks.
That was taken same place this one was, Catherine's Area at Alta last March 2018 at The Gathering. It was a beautiful day and you are lookin' mighty good for a guy with bum joints!
copy-of-dscn4515-jpg.40931

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Doing well! Just over 3 weeks, I am able to walk inside the house without crutches (not that I walk outside yet) and skiing really left my glutes and leg strong. Not uncommon, I have some lower back issues but they are resolving. It’s nice to be able to dress myself too even though I still live in sweats. I hope to be driving next week once I can lift the leg more. At this point I am still on very basic Pt. Just started clamshells and some things like that but it’s good to do stuff. I have 5 more days until I am off the CPM machine and a couple weeks left on the compression sleeves. So, overall, all is excellent. Thanks!

Last edited:

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ron,

How goes, 3 more months down ... you tooling about a lot now and maybe even riding a bike for bit more muscle building?

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Thanks. its a process :). hips are complicated and cause issues in lots of other muscles and surrounding areas. its coming along but there's a ways to go .

Last edited:
TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Another month and another query. You "healed" now, Ron?

Sponsor

Staff online