• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
@Ron, you are going to be all tuned up for ski season! Think about how great it's going to be to have everything stitched back together and working at 86%! I say 85% because my experience is that it takes 2 years for it to be back to normal, but year 1 is still much better!

Mike

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
How's that tuning coming along, Ron?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
welllllll, I ended up needing cortisone injections in my L4, L5, S1 so I had the first round and had good results on the right side, I have injections coming up on Tuesday for the Left side. I will probably have PRP injections as well. Steadman has some of the best research in this field and they have seen some solid results on lumbar injections.

The shoulder is awesome, its going to be better than the right side, no doubt. the surgery I had on the right side about 4 years ago didnt turn out so great so I can already feel the difference. my arm is still withered and veal-like but coming along well. I can do 3 sets of 15 reps with 15 pounds of curls so far. It held up great kayaking in AK. the hip is also pretty solid, once we get the back under control, we can work more on strengthening the legs.

fullsizeoutput_6ac.jpeg

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
welllllll, I ended up needing cortisone injections in my L4, L5, S1 so I had the first round and had good results on the right side, I have injections coming up on Tuesday for the Left side. I will probably have PRP injections as well. Steadman has some of the best research in this field and they have seen some solid results on lumbar injections.

The shoulder is awesome, its going to be better than the right side, no doubt. the surgery I had on the right side about 4 years ago didnt turn out so great so I can already feel the difference. my arm is still withered and veal-like but coming along well. I can do 3 sets of 15 reps with 15 pounds of curls so far. It held up great kayaking in AK. the hip is also pretty solid, once we get the back under control, we can work more on strengthening the legs.

View attachment 80449
Great pic!

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Lol. Well played. No. I’ve had an ongoing bronchial/ pulmonary and ENT “thing” since September that no one can figure out. We are going to National Jewish on Thursday and will hopefully get some answers.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Toes, eyes.... the whole shebang!
National Jewish is the best in the world for figuring out respiratory mysteries. Glad it's not too far away!

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Ron.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Maybe if you weren’t partaking of the hippy lettuce your lungs would be fine

Disclaimer: this is a joke, no matter how poor it is. I have no idea what Ron partakes in other than Champagne Powder