• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Road biking 2018

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ahh,yes, a much bantered about question on the bike forums... based on this I will just stick with black, its slimming too. I really dont want to be cleaning shoes. :)

Dusty white shoes look cleaner than dusty black shoes.

Applies to black bikes, too.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Im really just busting. I prefer black shoes. Unfortunately the only shoes i have found that fit me well are specialized sworks. Larger toe box and super narrow heel. I cant get those on Expercity though ogsmile I tried fiziks but they are too narrow in the toes . And the sworks white shoes dont come in until september

If anyone sells those please let me know. I need a 44 .

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Wow yeah, I d not know the facts but if security did see him leave with a b Ike, I have to wonder why they didn’t question/confront him. At least he had good taste.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Glad they found the bike!

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/8000-bike-stolen-from-ride-the-rockies-in-breckenridge/

@Ron @Doug Briggs

Seen this guy? Snatched the bike in Breck, ended up in Steamboat.

I don't hang with crooks. :nono: <---(attempt at humor)

Wow yeah, I d not know the facts but if security did see him leave with a b Ike, I have to wonder why they didn’t question/confront him. At least he had good taste.

Could have been in the bathroom, the crook could have simulated the band and just waved it at security and they let him go because people were lined up, who knows. People, even security people, are fallible I suppose.

I'm glad they found it and got it back where it belongs.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Have you tried Mavic shoes at all? So good. Their lightest shoes are so light that you will think they shipped you an empty box when you get them.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Have you tried Mavic shoes at all? So good. Their lightest shoes are so light that you will think they shipped you an empty box when you get them.

Are those the ones I saw on Bardet?

Mavic shoes were once Adidas, correct? Have they changed the lasts, etc.? (Adidas never fit me.)

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just had to post this from my France trip last week. A rare example of just being in exactly the right place at exactly the right time. Turn the sound on. Note the amazing backdrop.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester

No i havent. Its really tough to try on shoes in town and i just need to get over the cost to buy and return shoes online I did see some insanely priced Mavics. Im going to Retul later this month so ill wait to see if they suggest anything. I know they are affiliated with sprcialized but maybe they siggest other brands too.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought new shoes. I like be the look (a nice combo of black and white) and lace function but they are a tad tight in the forefront. Anyone have success stretching cycling shoes?

05438816-0B59-46A7-8FD5-7B7E118BCE24.jpeg
9FBDB481-DCF2-472F-A703-6947D5D06814.jpeg

Reactions: Ron

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought new shoes. I like be the look (a nice combo of black and white) and lace function but they are a tad tight in the forefront. Anyone have success stretching cycling shoes?

Have you ridden in them yet? If they don't fit, return them, obviously. But if you're already committed, take a ride before you try to stretch them. I find that with cycling shoes, when they seem slightly tight out of the box they end up about right after 20 minutes in the saddle. For one thing, my foot settles back into the heel pocket.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

View attachment 48218 View attachment 48219

Back in the day, my ski teammates would ask me to wear their gloves for a day to stretch them. I had wide feet and wide hands.

Last edited:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have you ridden in them yet? If they don't fit, return them, obviously. But if you're already committed, take a ride before you try to stretch them. I find that with cycling shoes, when they seem slightly tight out of the box they end up about right after 20 minutes in the saddle. For one thing, my foot settles back into the heel pocket.

I haven't ridden them yet because I'm trying to decide what to do. The problem is that I got them at 50% off but it was a friends and family 1 time coupon so if I return them I don't have an option to use the coupon again. I might try heating them up a bit with a boot drier/heater thing the put my feet with thick wet socks on and then let them cool and dry while I'm wearing them.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
If it were me, I'd just warp the forefoot of the shoe in a wet rag to wet the leather rather than wear a wet sock which will wet the entire shoe, perhaps stretching it where you don't want it stretched. The heating and drying on your feet sounds solid. Also wear a plastic bag on on your foot to keep your foot dry. There is not much worse than a cold, wet shoe on your foot.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I haven't ridden them yet because I'm trying to decide what to do. The problem is that I got them at 50% off but it was a friends and family 1 time coupon so if I return them I don't have an option to use the coupon again. I might try heating them up a bit with a boot drier/heater thing the put my feet with thick wet socks on and then let them cool and dry while I'm wearing them.
Not sure how much stretch they will allow if they are not real leather.

Reactions: Ron

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Not sure how much stretch they will allow if they are not real leather.

Most "real leathers" will also have a poly or aramid scrim to prevent stretching. Any good cobbler who works with hiking boots (Dave The Cobbler in Seattle for example) or custom hiking boot fitter (Backcountry Experience in Durango) can stretch them.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Most "real leathers" will also have a poly or aramid scrim to prevent stretching. Any good cobbler who works with hiking boots (Dave The Cobbler in Seattle for example) or custom hiking boot fitter (Backcountry Experience in Durango) can stretch them.

Or boot fitter. Our guys work on hockey skates, snowboard boots and other footwear that people want to fit better.

Sponsor

Staff online