• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Road biking 2018

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Half a mile of today’s ride served up 5 episodes for #dangerinthebikelane. The bike pump came home with me and I’m trying to locate the owner on local community groups. Everything else got moved out of the street.

98B7D6F0-34A7-4DE6-99EA-FFADDA8B778C.jpeg
614FFD32-AC1D-4C9E-A37C-99348CECE542.jpeg
5D2C74B8-C908-47C7-81FA-0F1426C1E06F.jpeg
CDC4B9F1-274D-4C5A-8CCA-67F698A0AC86.jpeg
05FBE641-8497-4FEA-A48F-904C8EE1686A.jpeg

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Half a mile of today’s ride served up 5 episodes for #dangerinthebikelane. The bike pump came home with me and I’m trying to locate the owner on local community groups. Everything else got moved out of the street.

View attachment 48587 View attachment 48588 View attachment 48589 View attachment 48590 View attachment 48591

Not that NJ is really a garbage dump, but on today's ride I realized that if I were to attempt to do what you just did I would be off my bike taking pictures every 5 feet. Though I never see $50 suspension pumps on the road.

Reactions: Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
we were watching for rattle snakes today; does that count? I would prefer to not pick them up though... :roflmao:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not that NJ is really a garbage dump, but on today's ride I realized that if I were to attempt to do what you just did I would be off my bike taking pictures every 5 feet. Though I never see $50 suspension pumps on the road.

I pass many items without taking pics, only stop for major items when convenient and safe.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
FWIW, for those considering "why should I buy electronic shifting". I put on a set of Etap Blips yesterday. These are remote shifters that can be mounted anywhere and simply plug into ports on the shifter housing. DYI in minutes. Obviously, I have them mounted on the tops for shifting while climbing. These are pretty cool and really add to the value proposition of Etap. I believe DI2 is also coming out with something similar.

fullsizeoutput_714.jpeg

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
WOW! thats super cool :thumb:

that system could be used on any kind of bike. Fewer moving parts, easier to maintain and probably lower cost once they are mass produced. Would like to see the savings in wattage at 30kph. Also, does this require different rear stays?

Last edited:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
WOW! thats super cool :thumb:

that system could be used on any kind of bike. Fewer moving parts, easier to maintain and probably lower cost once they are mass produced. Would like to see the savings in wattage at 30kph. Also, does this require different rear stays?
Just by looking at it, I would say there's a whole lot different..I would say no retrofit based on the prototype..
It's pretty cool..been waiting a long time for something to replace the chain..will be interesting to see how it goes in the real world.

Reactions: Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Had a nice ride this Am to the Mine, locally, its a popular 36 mile ride with 2,500 feet vert of climbing (2 really good climbs) Some good wildlife experiences. Saw big but dead rattler and got dive bombed by a red tail. I think he was just messin' with me, could feel the wind as he swooped over my head. OK but did you have to do it during the 12% part of the climb?
1f642.png
:) Also, had some rush hour traffic to deal with. @coskigirl , this mountain road debris :)

Fwiw- first real use of the blips today and they really do make difference as far as not having to move your hands of the bars on a climb.

mine road.jpg

mine.jpg
rattler.jpg
rush hour.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online