• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

razie

Sir Shiftsalot
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is one game i can play ;)

:golfclap:

One racer, start of a U16 season, me learning how to setup boots...
boots.jpg

Last edited:

razie

Sir Shiftsalot
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
boots.jpg

So what's the difference between the 7 pairs?
It was excessive. His old 110s, a pair or new 110s he never tried, 2x130s he skied for 2 weeks that I learned cuff adjustments on but proved too soft and 2 or 3 x 150s - some canted in different ways, something like that.

He ended up skiing just one of the 150s for 3 years - the one with the lifters on. This year he switched to the spare..

I didn't know what flex etc he would need so I bought all flexes I found on sale over the summer, two each ;)

That was the year we reset his skiing from scratch, so I didn't know what he would ski like at the end.

He had missed first year U16 with a bad ACL surgery also, so moving from u14 straight to second year U16, at PHV/maturity, so I really had no idea what was going to happen, especially with rebuilding his skiing from scratch..

...still cool to look at that collection though, eh?

P.s. I got sooo much sh..t for having a U16 skiing 150s, you wouldn't believe. Fact is he broke a pair of the 130s first...

Last edited:

razie

Sir Shiftsalot
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not knowing Atomic—is that 150 a plug?
Yeah, their WC line, lace ups and take 5 min to put on / 10 min to take off ;) I think a 95 last.

They used to make 3 lasts in the WC line, 93-95-98, back with the white and red boots, but in the redster models they only made the 95 and 98s I think, WC and WC PRO or something like that.

My other son skis the same 150 flex at 110 lbs and since then I put more U19s in them. If they ski decently and are setup right fore/aft, they work well - it's a matter of body type and ability.

Last edited:

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
I don't know if these are special bibs for 80th anniversary or because they got sponsorship from Darn Tough or both. Saturday was still the crappy paper bibs ... a lot of the kids cut out the bib number and duct tape them to an old bib that they have (as shown in @Erik Timmerman's 1st post). It was another good year though the couple of inches of snow Friday night followed by rain in the early morning made for some really dense, slushy snow.

Once again, my U12 daughter threw down a good run (3rd) then straddled, hiked, and straddled again before skiing out in her second. All or nothing as usual. Still a great time for everyone, though.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sugar SL bibs have really improved since the last time I was there ...

I just noticed that and you are so right !! First time I have seen old school cloth bibs with ties . Very cool ! Only have seen the paper ones for the dual SL recently

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah, their WC line, lace ups and take 5 min to put on / 10 min to take off ;) I think a 95 last.

They used to make 3 lasts in the WC line, 93-95-98, back with the white and red boots, but in the redster models they only made the 95 and 98s I think, WC and WC PRO or something like that.

My other son skis the same 150 flex at 110 lbs and since then I put more U19s in them. If they ski decently and are setup right fore/aft, they work well - it's a matter of body type and ability.

Thanks for intel. ”My” racer have been in Lange/Rossi so not really familiar with the Atomic race boots (but I have Sollies myself which are the same, not plugs tho). Most kids in our club seems to be in plugs by the 2:nd U16 year. Needs quite a lot more work.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
How are the Level mitts for warmth?
My daughter is outgrowing the jr. Reusch line so looking to an adult mitt. Thinking of sticking with the Reusch GS Tec (next in the line) but hear they are much colder than the jr. ones she has (the one with the knuckle plate). Also considering the Hestra Grippen GS although the Level one caught my eye just due to the marketing of their warmth. (although I'm not sure my daughter will like the color).

We are up in Alberta so regularly -15 to -20*C as normal temps (gets way colder but mitt options usually change at that point...warmth becomes more important).

wnbrgr

#skilife meets #dadlife
Skier
A158189E-8530-4920-8F47-5E2DC038AB70.jpg

D05DBB9F-E63E-4271-9C16-01DA63B6E29C.jpg

First season racing for my two older boys (6 and 8) here in the midwest after a few great years of learning and falling in love with free skiing. The perfect progression for them so far ... as a former (and now resurgent) recreational racer myself I can't wait to see where the sport takes us all. Planning to add some observations to another monumentally useful thread ( https://www.pugski.com/threads/kids-u-12-racing-ski-questions.8835 ) when my hands are not full with these two and their ripper-to-be 18 month-old brother!

Attachments

• 5A55CA91-495C-491F-8D99-F931CB2C5C46.jpg
    5A55CA91-495C-491F-8D99-F931CB2C5C46.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 28

Sponsor

Staff online