• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
My boys getting ready for the u14 and younger Sugar Slalom. One of my favorite event since I first raced in it 1978

3CAD3A57-47CB-41B7-A29D-7820985C16C5.jpeg

Last edited:

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
First Sugar Slalom for us ... one important thing we learned was to steer clear of the troughs when they first pour the sugar. It was a swarm of U8-U12 kids.

Lifer

Putting on skis
Skier
Thanks for posting Razie.

Fun to start a MA thread using this vid. You game?
Don't want to derail this thread...

patmoore

Septuagenarian Snowboard/Ski Racer
Skier
The grandsons did great at last month's NASTAR Nationals at Squaw Valley. Ten year old Ryan in his third Nationals has made the podium every time. Seven year old Archie not only won his age group, he took 2nd Overall (discounted time) in the Race of Champions. And Lauchie, who just turned six, repeated as age group National Champion in both skiing and snowboarding. Daron Rahlves and Nate Holland wanted their picture taken with him. The amazing thing is that their competition for the most part is in speedsuits and on race skis. These kids race in baggy clothes on twin tips. I just sent them a package with three sets of race skis for next year!

413854263.jpg
413824715.jpg

Archie (I'm doing a little artistic post processing of the shot....)
413853931.jpg

Ryan
413616248.jpg

Lauchie
413848162.jpg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Nice. Your progeny, right?

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
Tri-State ran a Parallel Slalom for the first time this year in place of the much maligned Kombi. While it was a lot of fun watching the side by side racing, the league needs to make an effort at getting the best racers skiing against each other. Results are still cumulative time based so bracket seeding doesn't come into play and watching an experienced kid beat an inexperienced one by 20 seconds is a bit of a drag. Those few times where they were evenly matched was really exciting to watch. Here's a shot of one of my U12 daughters clearing a gate near the bottom.

Ellie Frame 2 Run 1 MTSO Panel 2019.jpg

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Nice, that's fun. If you get the chance, b ring her up to Stowe for the U10/U12 duals. It is one of the most fun races of the year. Duals course with a small "pro jump".mI don't know how they seed them, but once the race is over, the top-16 are paired up and battle until one skier reigns supreme. It is seriously fun to watch.

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
I think the MMSC event at Stowe is an NVC event so my daughters wouldn't be eligible. Sounds like a blast, though.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
I think the MMSC event at Stowe is an NVC event so my daughters wouldn't be eligible. Sounds like a blast, though.
Out-of-council athletes are eligible to compete in one NVC race/season at the U12 level. Read the NVC rules here: https://www.vara.org/_download.php?id=42&mode=cou_news&name=NVC-Rules-2019.pdf (you'll have to scroll past the U14 section)

You'll have to contact the host club (MMSC) in advance, but in my experience, most clubs are very accommodating.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online