• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Bromley in southern vermont is closing after this weekend. Lifts are spinning today, tomorrow and sunday. Going to try to swing over from Killington on our way home. The regulars have a tradition of bringing beers and snacks up to the summit about 15 minutes before the lifts stop running. We hang there and eat/drink until ski patrol comes by on their sweep. They are very cool and always smile when they ski over to us. We did a practice run last weekend just in case they didn't open this weekend.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
BA the Tahoe weatherman just posted a complete list:
406004closingdates.jpg

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Mt Hood Meadows says Saturday May 12th will be the last day. The final weeks are Fri-Sat-Sunday (April 27,28,29); (May 4,5,6); and then just Sat May 12.
https://www.skihood.com/the-mountain/hours-of-operations

Timberline Lodge winter season until May 28th [7 days a week] (Then you have to have a summer season ticket or pass to ski until Labor day)
https://www.timberlinelodge.com/mountain/ski-area

Mt Hood Skibowl ends either April 28 (Saturday) or April 29 (Sunday) -- it is unclear from their website.
http://www.skibowl.com/winter/events/friday-night-college-night

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Officially Whistler's last day is April 22 then Blackcomb only runs to Monday May 21 our long weekend

no word yet if they plan to extend either's season.
Whistler usually shuts down early just to get biking ready but there is so much snow they probably won't be able to open in the normal time period.

spring passes now available for the Blackcomb period. 10 days for 209 Canadian

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
yes everyday.
Although by May they might start opening later than normal. Can be a 10 am start rather than 8:30.
By that time of the year the lower hill can be frozen in am and best skiing usually is from 11 on anyway.

It is cheap and I have had powder days in May but I do try to pick my days.
Weather ? you never know around here.
Sunny days or cool wet ones are nice.
Cold cloudy and dry when the snow doesn't soften can stay choppy off piste.
Warm and wet, stay in the alpine and gortex for lower hill
Down loading is common by mid May but you usually can still ski to base at season end
There are areas winter snow always lasts to season end but that's only in the alpine and is aspect dependent

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Willy

aka Goldmember
Industry Insider
Schweitzer ends the year this Sunday, April 15 after having extended from April 8. We'll be hiking it well into May with lots of snow still available.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
https://blog.winterparkresort.com/mary-jane-extended-season/

"Mary Jane stays open until May 6th!

Yeah, you heard us right! With the almost 3 feet of snow we’ve received in the last week, we’ve decided to keep the Janeside open until MAY! Who is ready to ride more of that pow pow!"

This is sweet. I wonder if MJ will become IKONs late season Continental Divide player. It’s not new that the MJ season is getting extended, but it’s great news to see it again.

I hope that competition serves to push later closings in CO - it’s ridiculous how much closes tomorrow in peak conditions.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
WP closes the Cirque and Vasquez Ridge tomorrow.

Copper, Vail, Beaver Creek, Steamboat, Aspen, and Snowmass all close.

That leaves us with Breck and Eldora for another week, and then MJ and Loveland to May 6th. And then A-Basin to the bitter end.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
^^^^I’m guessing we’re done after this week except for the 3 Continental Divide areas.

MadPatSki

Putting on skis
Skier

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
KSL was saying Alpine was to stay open with Squaw till end of May.
BUT they just pulled the plug.. Alpine Meadows closes April 29.
boo

Sponsor

Staff online