• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@mdf is not feeling well this morning and is staying home. :( Send him your good vibes and friendly taunts.
For someone who was going to stay home, he skied until last chair. Energizer bunny.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I kind of hate lanyards... so I've taken to attaching my pass to an outer zipper with a small keyring. That way I'm never fishing for it or unzipping.
I actually cut the lanyard off the hook on the end to make a handy hanger for my pass.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you want to take it super easy and focus on fundamentals, I’ll ski with you. It seems like I lost my taos mojo and I’m still looking for it....
Are you here yet?

AeroSKI5150

MikeChuckNorris
Skier
95-Low One Oh

Based on what they had available he took a chance on the Enforcer 110 and loved it!

I was impressed with how well my Z-90's did, first serious powder experience with them.

Need to do some major research on best goggles that don't fog up and are awesome in flat/low light, however..... homework time....

Hope everyone else had a great day! Back at it tomorrow, see y'all at the meet-up.

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Need to do some major research on best goggles that don't fog up and are awesome in flat/low light, however..... homework time....
We had that discussion in the lodge at the end of the day today.
:D

Unpiste

Booting down
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you are wearing the same jacket every day, I have plastic wickets that you can use

Thanks! Got one from one of the mountain info guys walking around the base, and it did the job perfectly.

Need to do some major research on best goggles that don't fog up and are awesome in flat/low light, however..... homework time...

They’re pretty hard to find on sale (and expensive when full price), but my low light goggle of choice is whatever fits best from Zeal with a Zebra Light lens. They have great visibility in low light, but are photochromic and are actually usable in the sun if the weather changes. Second choice is Zeal with an Automatic+ lens. Also photochromic, but partially polarized so they don’t get quite as light. I find they’re quite usable still if you get stuck in low light, and they get plenty dark for a sunny day. Also hard to find for a reasonable price, though.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
There will be a welcome party Monday Night at Chez Pugski Gathering Headquarters.
Address is 351 Candlelight Meadows Drive Big Sky MT.

Figure fun and stuff will start about 5:30 giving @mdf a chance to get last chair. Look for the PUGSKI banner out front.

** BYOB and a snack to share**

So I swung by Chez Pugski/Ziggy for a location check for tomorrows party on the way in. Probably good as Google maps had me turn left whereas it's correct to turn right a block or so on Candlelight Meadow Drive. Just find 351 where there is NO street parking. (Maybe on @Catskill carver front lawn LOL-joke) (Apple maps has it right ! -lol)

But there is plenty of street parking on Firelight Drive where it crosses end of Candlelight. This is only 3 or 4 houses away from 351 (1/4 block)

Try these directions to the party: (Ziggy should check/change if desired) Leave Big Sky East the way you came in back toward main highway, Go about 5 miles from ski area, then turn right at the light onto Ousel Falls Rd. continue straight several miles. Finally turn right onto Firelight Dr. Continue a half mile or so till you hit Candelight Meadows Dr on left. . Park here on Firelight Dr. walk on Candlestick past 3 or so houses to 351.

Don't know if bus system goes that way .?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So I swung by Chez Pugski/Ziggy for a location check for tomorrows party on the way in. Probably good as Google maps had me turn left whereas it's correct to turn right a block or so on Candlelight Meadow Drive. Just find 351 where there is NO street parking. (Maybe on @Catskill carver front lawn LOL-joke) (Apple maps has it right ! -lol)

But there is plenty of street parking on Firelight Drive where it crosses end of Candlelight. This is only 3 or 4 houses away from 351 (1/4 block)

Try these directions to the party: (Ziggy should check/change if desired) Leave Big Sky East the way you came in back toward main highway, Go about 5 miles from ski area, then turn right at the light onto Ousel Falls Rd. continue straight several miles. Finally turn right onto Firelight Dr. Continue a half mile or so till you hit Candelight Meadows Dr on left. . Park here on Firelight Dr. walk on Candlestick past 3 or so houses to 351.

Don't know if bus system goes that way .?
I was going to mention this...
Parking on the street in front of the house is frowned upon but may not be an issue for the short time that we are partying. However, as many of you can car pool, that would be great.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Updated:
There will be a welcome party Monday Night at Chez Pugski Gathering Headquarters.
Address is 351 Candlelight Meadows Drive Big Sky MT.

Figure fun and stuff will start about 5:30 giving @mdf a chance to get last chair. Look for the PUGSKI banner out front.

** BYOB and a snack to share**

@Philpug and @Tricia , three of us may try to make this. Do you expect small or big crowd? Do you need a crockpot full of chili? Just a matter of how many cans I open:)

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any people staying at the Lodge want to car pool?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thank you everyone for coming and joining us.
What Phil said.
Thank you to everyone who came out, partied and didn't break anything. :D
We couldn't do it without all of you.
:yeah:
Who has the group shot?
@Stephen or @Andy Mink :huh:

Sponsor

Staff online