• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Of pizzas and french fries

tinymoose

Getting off the lift
Skier
I can't even mentally fathom trying to make the transition from wedge to parallel. I avoided it in a rather unorthodox way. I skied for one year as a kid with my parents. We joined the school's ski club, skied 1 year at the local bump, I went to ski school where they taught me how to stop and turn in a wedge and then they set me loose on the mountain with my parents (pizza pizza pizza). Then my parents decided skiing was too expensive, and we never participated again after that year. When I started skiing as an adult, I had vague fuzzy memories of wedging and how to turn and stop in one but I decided I was going to just ski parallel, including hockey stopping. I was basically z-ing/throwing my tails side to side to lose speed but somehow it worked for me. I dunno how I was able to pull that off, just doing it, but I did. Was it technically correct? Hell no. I didn't take lessons until year 4 of skiing as an adult (stupid) when I found I was expending way too much energy trying to hockey stop down black diamonds and my quads were always burning.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I can't even mentally fathom trying to make the transition from wedge to parallel. I avoided it in a rather unorthodox way. I skied for one year as a kid with my parents. We joined the school's ski club, skied 1 year at the local bump, I went to ski school where they taught me how to stop and turn in a wedge and then they set me loose on the mountain with my parents (pizza pizza pizza). Then my parents decided skiing was too expensive, and we never participated again after that year. When I started skiing as an adult, I had vague fuzzy memories of wedging and how to turn and stop in one but I decided I was going to just ski parallel, including hockey stopping. I was basically z-ing/throwing my tails side to side to lose speed but somehow it worked for me. I dunno how I was able to pull that off, just doing it, but I did. Was it technically correct? Hell no. I didn't take lessons until year 4 of skiing as an adult (stupid) when I found I was expending way too much energy trying to hockey stop down black diamonds and my quads were always burning.
HAHA, I noticed earlier today that your signature on Ski Diva is this...

"If you french fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time."

tinymoose

Getting off the lift
Skier
HAHA, I noticed earlier today that your signature on Ski Diva is this...

"If you french fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time."

It is. It's from South Park Asspen. :)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It is. It's from South Park Asspen. :)
I figured as much...made me chuckle, and then one of the posts on your first day at Pugski is in a thread about Pizza and Frenchfries. Fitting :D

tinymoose

Getting off the lift
Skier
I figured as much...made me chuckle, and then one of the posts on your first day at Pugski is in a thread about Pizza and Frenchfries. Fitting :D

Well, I'm not you're average skier. :) I skied as a kid (1 year) and then never again. lol. Until I was old. I'm still not sure what that makes make me? Did I learn as a kid? Did I not?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, I'm not you're average skier. :) I skied as a kid (1 year) and then never again. lol. Until I was old. I'm still not sure what that makes make me? Did I learn as a kid? Did I not?
Yes and yes! :D

tinymoose

Getting off the lift
Skier

Sponsor

Staff online