• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm thinking the most interesting finals to watch would be Pittsburgh Vs Las Vegas and The Flower. There's a lot of hockey what would have to happen just right for that to happen, but anyone else have that scenario top of mind?

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
The Flyers couldn't hold a 2 goal lead and the Philthy fans once again showed their true nature, bombarding the ice with beer cans to express their displeasure with the outcome. What you say Philthy fans? Maybe start chanting Guentzel Sucks next season. That always works well against Crosby. He only had 3 points in this game.:roflmao:

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Jake guentzel show this afternoon in philly. Best game of the series for sure. Sorry to say but philly has some of the worst fans in the nhl. Throwing shit on the ice is just classless and those few bad apples make the whole city look bad.
image.jpeg

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
The Flyers played with a lot of heart and took it to the Pens in the first period. They tried to get the Pens off their game and get under their skin with physical play but it didn't work this time, except for Letang's cheap retaliation. The Devils are eliminated and that was the team that gave the Pens the most trouble during the regular season. It will be either the Washington or Columbus next. Pens fans are hoping that the series goes to 7. The Pen's have owned Bobrovsky in the regular season but I like to see a Pens/Caps rematch. On second thought, the Caps are due to beat the Pens in the playoffs at some point. @JohnL would enjoy that.

James

Out There
Instructor
Don't goalies usually get pulled in playoffs after giving up 4 goals in a period and a half? I guess by the 5th goal it doesn't matter anyway. Colo goes down.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Philly fans lost it when that trip didn't get called right before Pittsburgh's 6th(?) goal. Still no excuse for that behavior.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
The officiating has certainly been suspect...in general. Jake Gardiner had a great quote.."I hit Chara's fist with my face..I guess that's why I got a penalty.." :roflmao: But beyond that, there have been some pretty suspect calls in general. Some really dangerous, dirty hits are going uncalled and some very questionable little stuff is being called at very inopportune times...

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Philly fans lost it when that trip didn't get called right before Pittsburgh's 6th(?) goal. Still no excuse for that behavior.

There are always non-calls during a game and often at critical times. I thought Claude Giroux's hit on Hagilin was a non-call, he left his skates and hit him high. He lined up Letang with a backward cheap hit and elbow earlier in the series. Clearly lined him up and brought up the elbow, no call. As for the trip on Couturier, Sean had both feet on the ice, he misplayed the puck and Letang reached around and hit the puck before Couturier's Oscar worthy performance. Could it have been called? Yes, but it wasn't. I've long stopped complaining about officiating, part of the game. Perhaps the Flyers should have scored on the 4 on 3 they got from Letang's previous penalty or maybe not get shut out twice by the Pens. Fans going ape after a tough loss? Part of the game and a reflection of the nature of the sport as the NHL plays it. Pens and Flyers fans taunting each other over things that really don't matter in life? Part of a long standing rivalry and pure entertainment for me.:roflmao:I mean, no Pen's player ever took a cheap shot. ;)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'd like to suggest that maybe they quit selling beers after the 2nd I mean 1st period at future Flyers games hahahahaha!

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Although that would have been a tripping call 9/10 times letang clearly touched the puck before his stick made contact with the legs. I couldn't believe it was a no call at first but after watching the replay clearly within the rules. It just looked really bad
image.jpeg

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@SBrown , were you at the AVALANCHE that buried your team last night?
That was painful to watch....:eek:

Yes I was ... I am actually really glad it happened like that. First off, they got to end their season in front of the home fans, which was nice. Second, it was the first game that they didn't really match up very well. That third-string goalie thing finally caught up. And no 1D. But mostly it stung, and they will remember that all summer long. I'm glad they don't feel satisfied. Very motivating.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't goalies usually get pulled in playoffs after giving up 4 goals in a period and a half? I guess by the 5th goal it doesn't matter anyway. Colo goes down.

The last three he gave up were cringeworthy... but might as well let him finish. The only option was another AHL goalie anyhow.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
I thought the Avs put up a pretty good effort in the series besides last night. It's always a good sign when you make the playoffs after 6-8 so so seasons.

The Preds are a really explosive team that can put points on the board and definitely could have won the cup last year. It was the largest divisional points gap in the playoffs at 23 points I think. I would have bet on that series as the sweep in the first round over ducks or kings for sure

Last edited:

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought the Avs put up a pretty good effort in the series besides last night. It's always a good sign when you make the playoffs after 6-8 so so seasons.

The Preds are a really explosive team that can put points on the board and definitely could have won the cup last year. It was the largest divisional points gap in the playoffs at 23 points I think. I would have bet on that series as the sweep in the first round over ducks or kings for sure

They did make it 4? years ago, and got Game 7’d by the Wild. And they are so young. Damn tough division, though.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Good news: Caps advance.
Bad news: now we have to play the Penguins:eek:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Our first game 7 of the playoffs. Bets on how many overtimes?

Sponsor