• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Tuka has done some good things for us but while he can't take all the blame for the recent losses, he just missed the bad goalie of the week award. I got out of a meeting late on Monday and started watching game 6 at the beginning of the 3rd period. About halfway through the 3rd the bruins hadn't put a shot on net in the first 10 minutes.

I still miss the old style hockey playoffs, but I was looking for tickets this week and the garden was sold out so I guess they're doing something right.
Not talked about much..but Rask has been inconsistent and not great at times. So I'm with ya on that.

Muleski

Inactive
Not talked about much..but Rask has been inconsistent and not great at times. So I'm with ya on that.

Rask has incredible inconsistency, and one of the things that Cassidy has worked on as a team is the understanding that every guy on that team is going to have lousy nights {whether that's true or not}, so when Tuukka is BAD, the rest of the team needs to pick him up. And, he has incredible games when he steals one. It's kind of problematic in playoff hockey, as he's up and own even in a 5 game series.

I have no clue how the switch was flipped after the second period. Between the second and third, my wife and I were having a beer with friends and all agreed that the end of he season looked minutes away. Different team. Marchand came out on fire. He's showing signs of being less of a punk, and a lot more of a leader. Bergeron played a great third as well, as did Chara.

Good year fort them, regardless of when it ends. The young guys excite me....a lot. But Rask.....yeah.

If he lost that game, I think he would have been the first GK to blow, 3-0, 3-1, and 3-2 leads in different playoff series.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Washington Capitals lived up to expectations in first game
don't know how they continually manage it but they always seem to come out on the short end.
This year still could turn out different but they are easily America's match to the Leafs.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
The Washington Capitals lived up to expectations in first game
don't know how they continually manage it but they always seem to come out on the short end.
This year still could turn out different but they are easily America's match to the Leafs.
Oooh...that's harsh on the Caps!! Go easy! :roflmao:

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Yeah, Babcock likes him..he has been a steadying influence. Early on when they went in the tank they had a closed door players-only meeting and the rumour is he told them to believe in themselves, they're good, don't get down. And I think he's been around enough and is quiet enough that when he spoke, it meant something. And they pulled out of the slump and have been much more confident since then. I think they think they can win any game, even if they're down. And really, in Toronto, with the brutal media and fans, confidence is a tough thing to hang onto.. Same in Montreal..when you win, you're kings..when you lose, you're bums..neither of which is true.
I wonder what his contract is currently. He's a couple years older than me, so 38-39? I think of him as a Bryan trottier style player. Respected by everyone. Spent most of his years as a franchise player that didn't quite have all the attributes of a captain but held a piece of the puzzle that the Sharks obviously needed. Ended up in Toronto kind of like trotts ended up in Pittsburgh to help the young players. The old school player/coach style position.

Little bit of a nail biter for the pens but a quick change in momentum was all that was necessary. That blocker tip save from Murray was playoff hockey at its best. Definitely missed malkins ability to disrupt the boards and take it blue to blue.

Vegas came out gunning! Sharks didn't know what hit them. By the time they gathered themselves it was 3-0 with 14min left in the 1st. Now at 4-0 we will see if they can show some resilience and not let this shit get out of hand.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Marleau has 2 more years..3 year contract. Leafs will have to decide what to do with JVR, Bozak and Komarov. Not sure how they are going to fit in going forward. I like all 3..but probably 2 will go..

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Given the choice, I'd rather see the Caps win... I'd like to see Ovie win.. Drives me crazy with his waxed laces and tinted visor..but..he plays hard..and he's a good guy.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Hoooooltby, Hooooltby, Hoooooltby. Last night I thought he was invincible (along with the pipes) but all of a sudden, we wasn't. What about the Knights? Wow. After the Pens, I turn to watch the NFL Draft to see who the Steelers might pick and by time I tuned back to the playoffs they were up 4 zip.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Happy to see the Bruins win. And the Sharks managed to even things up. Didn't realize James Neal was such a weasel. And they have Perron as well!!

James

Out There
Instructor
Did you see Rask's skate blade come off? Just bizzarre.
I don't get why goalie skates are made that way.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Good game last night between SJ and VGK. Burns on the wrap around with a perfectly executed set face off play. Scrappy defensive oriented hockey for the last period and a half. I saw that first ot goal from Vegas getting overturned before the shot even left the point. Good or bad that's the call that gets made in the modern NHL.

What a stupid penalty for Kane to take in game 1 that resulted in his game 2 suspension. He definitely let his frustration take over with that second cross check to the face. The first one was plenty and probably would have just been chalked up as a scrum after the whistle.

Boston definitely showed last night that when their first line is on they are pretty much unstoppable! Rask played well and just cought a bad break with his blade flying off. There's no rule that says the ref needs to blow the play dead because of his blade. It's kind of the same as dropping your stick, play continues. He could have knocked the net off and taken the penalty for delay of game.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
The Pens came out flat and the Caps came out determined. Holtby made the saves and Murray didn't. The game got chippy but nothing will come off it. Series tied.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Wow, the NHL finally did the right thing and gave Wilson a 3 game suspension for the shoulder to jaw hit last night that left Aston-Reese with a broken jaw and concussion. If the good old boys that run the NHL had done the right thing and given him a game after he lined up Dumoulin with a shoulder to head hit then Wilson would have been put on notice and maybe the cheap shots would have ended. Instead the non suspension gave Wilson implicit approval.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Yeah, I don't know what else you can do..the guy left his feet and ended up in the bench. Hate to see Ovie get put away because of stupidity.. There was talk on the radio this morning and the consensus was, sooner or later, IIHF rules for the NHL..just a matter of time.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I love a hard played game as much as anybody but when the CTE become apparent and former players sue the NHL then maybe will see some real progress toward eliminating blatant hits to the head. I'm beginning to question my enthusiasm for sports that leave players brian injured.

Sponsor

Staff online