• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Will the Leafs be slaughtered again??
Maybe the town should riot before the game. Burning cars after is too late.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
They won last night!! Miracle!! We won't riot. We just succumb. We know it's already over..

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Tried to stay awake and see Vegas win, didn't happen. Glad they move on.

Glad I didn't stay to see 2OTs for Washington's win. yawn.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Prison rules last night..anybody see that cross-check on Staal's face in Minny???
That was brutal and grossly uncalled for. He actually had to have aimed for his head since staal is 6"3. League has a hearing scheduled for this afternoon. I bet he gets 3 games

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I mean, I don't think he's a particularly dirty player so he's got that going for him..it just kinda killed the Wild in the game..that would have been a significant 5 on 3. Now they may lose a guy but I don't think it's quite the same. Kadri's stupid hit on buddy from Boston was terrible and deserved some games and he has a history..so that may have hurt him more than what this guy will see.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Tried to stay awake and see Vegas win, didn't happen. Glad they move on.

Glad I didn't stay to see 2OTs for Washington's win. yawn.

Sometimes it's nice to be a little farther west, but all these games are so late! I was at Avs-Preds Monday, and puck drop wasn't until after 8, then the third period lasted pretty much a full hour. Game ended at 11. I counted in the box score: the Preds scored in the third, with about 11:30 left, and there were subsequently TWENTY-NINE faceoffs. I couldn't bear to count the number of icings.

I dread an OT game...

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
I mean, I don't think he's a particularly dirty player so he's got that going for him..it just kinda killed the Wild in the game..that would have been a significant 5 on 3. Now they may lose a guy but I don't think it's quite the same. Kadri's stupid hit on buddy from Boston was terrible and deserved some games and he has a history..so that may have hurt him more than what this guy will see.
Yeah he's not so he definitely has that going for him. Anyone who has played hockey knows sometimes you just get caught up in the moment. I'm sure his intention was just to make a statement early in the game but it was a little to much of one. I personally don't think he deserves 3 games, that's just my bet. Should have been a 5min major, ejection from the game and move on.

Muleski

Inactive
I think he'll get a game, as regardless of intent and lack of the bad boy history, it was a head shot. And a rough one. Can't have that in this day and age. Now I also agree that IF he had a history of that stuff, he'd be on an extended "time out". I'm friendly with a couple of friends who are retired Bruins, and it's interesting to go to a game with them and then discuss Brad Marchand when he makes a dumb and emotional move. Or Slew-foots somebody. The guy is a super talented player, but he crew up with a huge chip on his shoulder and he sure is a "dirty player." I understand that he's trying to get it under control, and is better, but old habits die hard. And every official in the league knows what to watch for. The guy gets no breaks, not should he. He infuriates even the post passionate B's fans. Easy guy to dislike! But I sure like the rest of his game!

Morrissey is no Kadri in terms of his track record......but that hard a cross check to the face, right under the shield.......not good. Will be interesting to see what happens. I have no dog in the hunt. I think he'll get a game. Three would not shock me. But I think that would be overdoing it.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Sometimes it's nice to be a little farther west, but all these games are so late! I was at Avs-Preds Monday, and puck drop wasn't until after 8, then the third period lasted pretty much a full hour. Game ended at 11. I counted in the box score: the Preds scored in the third, with about 11:30 left, and there were subsequently TWENTY-NINE faceoffs. I couldn't bear to count the number of icings.

I dread an OT game...

I like to watch the Sharks, Wisconsin boy still playing. OTs suck.

2006 I was at a 3 OT college regional, they pretty much stop selling food at the end of the 3rd period. 2 games for the price of one. Teams ordered Domnios Pizza for between OTs. Glad Wisconsin finally won and I got to see them win the National Championship at Milwaukee too. Best hockey year for me and son.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
I like how the DOPS releases video these days explaining how they came to their conclusion
https://www.google.com/amp/nhl.nbcs...suspension-for-cross-check-on-eric-staal/amp/

I kind of feel like the way they hand out suspensions after the fact (with no penalty coming from the infraction) should be done a little differently.

If the penalty was handed out at the time it would have likely been a major with an ejection from the game. The sequence would have left wpj down a D for the rest of the game which changes the dynamics of the game greatly. Unless you have a 4th liner that can play D you are likely to to have a hard time keeping up with changes thus wearing down more quickly on D. It hurts the whole team greatly. A one game suspension dosent really mean much since you just throw another player into the roster.

A one game suspension like this one (in a best of seven series) that resulted in having a short bench for the next game would be the most fair way to go about it IMO

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I like how the DOPS releases video these days explaining how they came to their conclusion
https://www.google.com/amp/nhl.nbcs...suspension-for-cross-check-on-eric-staal/amp/

I kind of feel like the way they hand out suspensions after the fact (with no penalty coming from the infraction) should be done a little differently.

If the penalty was handed out at the time it would have likely been a major with an ejection from the game. The sequence would have left wpj down a D for the rest of the game which changes the dynamics of the game greatly. Unless you have a 4th liner that can play D you are likely to to have a hard time keeping up with changes thus wearing down more quickly on D. It hurts the whole team greatly. A one game suspension dosent really mean much since you just throw another player into the roster.

A one game suspension like this one (in a best of seven series) that resulted in having a short bench for the next game would be the most fair way to go about it IMO
Totally agree. Now they can game-prep to be without that guy. And I mean, that was an EGREGIOUS non-call...I haven't seen that in 20 years...jesus. And the refs can't say they missed it. Some guys on the radio were saying they had 2 more periods to do something about it but being up 1-0 after 1 is a lot different than being even after 1. Changes the game's whole complexion.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

I dread an OT game...

And yes, I remembered saying this when the Avs were down by 1 and hit the post with a minute to go last night ... :doh:

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Pens are up 3 to 1 over the Flyers but I'm not going to predict victory for the Pens in the first round. I remember 2 other playoffs were the Pens were up 3-1 and lost the series 3-4. I don't think this team will fold but that's why we watch the games.

Sponsor

Staff online