• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Gathering Meetup Details

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
As per @Mike Thomas 's recommendation, I was able to secure Satuday night dinner reservations for eight at 7:00PM at the ZenBarn in Waterbury. If I counted right, there's 11 currently signed up for Saturday night... probably squeeze in one or two more if necessary, or maybe some people off doing their own thing, etc.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
On for ZenBarn @KevinF. So Friday everybody's at MRG, Saturday at Sugarbush? (I'm not around here much these days.) I'd like to buy Sugarbush tickets online here soon — don't want to screw up if it's no longer Saturday there.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
On for ZenBarn @KevinF. So Friday everybody's at MRG, Saturday at Sugarbush? (I'm not around here much these days.) I'd like to buy Sugarbush tickets online here soon — don't want to screw up if it's no longer Saturday there.

Yes, Saturday remains Sugarbush South.

James

Out There
Instructor
But what if someone goes to the mount Ellen base, which was the original plan?
Then they'll learn they're at Glen Ellen, and not Sugarbush.
They can just take the horizontal chair, Slide Brook Express.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Then they'll learn they're at Glen Ellen, and not Sugarbush.
They can just take the horizontal chair, Slide Brook Express.

Uh oh... this sounds like another Mary Jane/Winter Park discussion...

It's all Sugarbush! Both Lincoln Peak and Mount Ellen sides. Doesn't matter if they used to be separate. :ogcool:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
But it is true that "Sugarbush " is North is Lincoln Peak. South needs a name modifier.

It doesn't hurt to overspecify for the non-locals, though.

James

Out There
Instructor
If I say I'm going to Sugarbush, I don't go to Glen Ellen. Neither should you. Just like when someone says I'm going to the City it means Manhattan. If not you get specific.
This isn't complicated. New York has 5 boroughs. Sugarbush has two parts. Well really one plus that other place.

James

Out There
Instructor
Ha! I'm going to conveniently ignore the rest of your post and say that we're agreed. And the parts are either north and south, or the Lincoln Peak and Mount Ellen sides.
No.
Go to Sugarbush. Follow signs. When you see the sign for Ellen, continue to Sugarbush. No modifers needed. Everyone knows the way.
Eat at the Hyde Away Inn. Ask directions and they'll direct you to the road down the street.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
My lack of familiarity with the Sugarbush naming customs coupled with my engineer like tendencies (i.e., I have to specify everything exactly) has apparently -- once again -- caused things to go off the rails.

Almost there people... :daffy: Just gotta hold it together for a few more days. :D

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am confused - so are we now meeting at Wildcat on Saturday?:)

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

James

Out There
Instructor
Shepard...
This is where the parking for the meetup is. Note that google is less confused then some. ogsmile
IMG_4905.PNG

How to get to Sugarbush from a Waitsfield shopping center: (You'll be eating and drinking beers at this place likely).

IMG_4906.PNG
The Mad Taco to Sugarbush. 3 ways, but not to Glen Ellen, aka Mt Ellen. Just The 'Bush.
If you follow the northern route in grey you could have breakfast at the Hyde Away which I recommend. Though if the White Horse Inn will make you breakfast that can be even better. Same route.

Sponsor

Staff online