• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Gathering Meetup Details

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The Mad Taco to Sugarbush. 3 ways, but not to Glen Ellen, aka Mt Ellen. Just The 'Bush.

I remain unconvinced... :D

Google maps only will have one spot designated as THE spot for any resort. E.g. if you get directions to Mammoth, it always goes to the main base. That doesn't mean Eagle or Canyon bases aren't part of Mammoth.

From the Sugarbush web page :

In 1979 Cohen purchased neighboring Glen Ellen Ski Area and created Sugarbush North—the third highest mountain in Vermont.

James

Out There
Instructor
I remain unconvinced... :D

Google maps only will have one spot designated as THE spot for any resort. E.g. if you get directions to Mammoth, it always goes to the main base. That doesn't mean Eagle or Canyon bases aren't part of Mammoth.

From the Sugarbush web page :

In 1979 Cohen purchased neighboring Glen Ellen Ski Area and created Sugarbush North—the third highest mountain in Vermont.
To avoid confusion, just go to Mad River...ogsmile
Notes:
1) No one I've ever met knows, or cares, that Glen Ellen is, "the third highest mountain in VT."

2) Buying an existing ski area isn't really "creating" anything except a name.
2a) Drop all modifiers, and your good to go.

3) If you've never skied Glen Ellen when it was, Glen Ellen, you don't get to make things up or cherry pick marketing brochures. :ogcool:

Oh, this is what you meant by the gathering ... @Josh Matta
The arguing over nothing?

Last edited:
TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Gathermeister / moderator hat on:

Ok guys this little diversion of what is the "real" Sugarbush has run its course. I created this thread so that information regarding group events (i.e., ski meetups, dinners, etc.) could be found in one relatively short thread instead of searching through the more sprawling NEG discussion thread.

Let's keep it that way.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If you're thinking about coming to Mad River Glen on Friday and purchasing a Liftopia ticket - act quickly!

They are getting expensive. I paid $49 for mine and they are up to $59 already.ogwink

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That's cuz i bought 9,900 and am scalping them. They are now $59 but I'm selling them for $58, thereby making $8/ticket. I will net ~ $79k on this business venture, using the profit for brighter, more visible rope to reduce injuries.

cmackvt

Putting on skis
Skier
I will be at a lodge belonging to my ski club on route 100 in Rochester, but will not have transportation as I am going up on a bus trip. If anyone is passing through there Saturday morning on the way to the Bush and back at night and can pick me up it would be cool and I'd buy some brews. Otherwise i will ski with the club at K (I have a spring pass). I can also show you a trick i learned that can save $$ on dental floss and teeth cleaning.
I’m driving through Rochester and back on Saturday. Lifts open early, 8 I think. If you want a ride we can talk tomorrow.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Mad River Glen sells senior tickets for either $44 or $49 (I can't remember numbers) on its website. That beats Liftopia. But you gotta be 65.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am sensing that work is going to go late tomorrow, meaning a late departure from the city, and very late arrival into Waturbury....
If we miss the morning meet-up at Sugarbush on Saturday @KevinF do you have a lunch meet-up spot/time in mind?

Otherwise, we'll just look out for you guys.

k

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I wish I could be there but I'll be a week late skiing the 'Bush. No, not Glen Ellen, the other one, the original Mascara Mountain, you know, Sugarbush. Anybody remember the red gondola?

TSQURD

Booting up
Skier
If anyone is looking for suggestions on what/where to ski on Saturday let me know what you are looking for & I can try to give some suggestions. Will see if I can join you for a bit sat morning, but either way I should be able give some suggestions on where to ski.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
I am sensing that work is going to go late tomorrow, meaning a late departure from the city, and very late arrival into Waturbury....
If we miss the morning meet-up at Sugarbush on Saturday @KevinF do you have a lunch meet-up spot/time in mind?

Otherwise, we'll just look out for you guys.

k

No idea on lunch meetups yet for Sugarbush. Last time I was at Sugarbush was the last time we had a gathering day there, so I don't know that mountain at all. I'm rooming with @mdf so I'll get some ideas from him as he's indicated he has reasonable familiarity with Da Bush.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Guessing 45.
I will be late tmrw, fri. Hopefully can start by 10am might be 10:30.

Ok. The single and the double come down to the same place, so if you're arriving late to MRG, just hang out at the bottom... we'll be back down in a bit. :)

James

Out There
Instructor
Ok. The single and the double come down to the same place, so if you're arriving late to MRG, just hang out at the bottom... we'll be back down in a bit. :)
I can just light myself on fire...
No idea on lunch meetups yet for Sugarbush. Last time I was at Sugarbush was the last time we had a gathering day there, so I don't know that mountain at all. I'm rooming with @mdf so I'll get some ideas from him as he's indicated he has reasonable familiarity with Da Bush.
I would suggest the Gate House Lodge, Food Court. Aka, cafeteria. It's on the same level as the Super Bravo Quad. And not that far away. Also near the Gate House quad. Maybe towards the Super Bravo end of the room.
Or, downstairs in the Pub. But seeing how everyone is cheap, upstairs is prob better.

The Gate House lodge is seemingly 6 million miles from parking, but very close to the Super Bravo.
IMG_4911.PNG

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just drove up from Merrimack with @MarkP and are settled into the rental house... looking forward to tomorrow!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester