• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Gathering Meetup Details

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Ok, Ullr is crushing Northern Vermont right now... Hopefully we can avoid any more massive melt downs in the next two weeks.

To make things simple, I'm making the meetup time each day to be 9AM. Meetup locations are listed below.

Friday: Mad River Glen. Ski racks outside the base shack. Errr, lodge.
Saturday: Sugarbush South (Lincoln Peak): Base of Super Bravo Express Quad
Sunday : Stowe, Mt. Mansfield side: Base of FourRunner Quad
Monday : Stowe, Mt. Mansfield side, Base of FourRunner Quad.

If you're running a little late, we'll take a lap on the above-listed chairs to pick up any stragglers.

For those of you who don't know me... see my profile picture. That yellow jacket can be seen from a mile away. I'll be on Stockli's.

Last edited:
TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Stowe updates: @Josh Matta has 40% off / freebie tickets available. PM him and me if you need one; first come, first serve, I will have your name on a list. (If you've already coordinated with Josh, I have your name). I will get his tickets from him in advance and meet you in the Mansfield Base Lodge (MBL) on Sunday morning to save you from hiking the hill twice. I'll try to get to MBL around 8:00AM on Sunday.

If you are not familiar with Stowe, MBL is the lodge in the parking lot.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
I was able to make dinner reservations for eight people Sunday at 7:00pm at the Matterhorn in Stowe.

Unfortunately, I’m not having any luck in finding Waterbury restaurants that take reservations on Friday or Saturday evening. I’ve tried Blackback, Reservoir and Prohibition Pig — no go. I’ll try some more... maybe something closer to Sugarbush for Friday night. I’ll post to this thread if I find something.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The hide Away is great - popular though so you may have a tough time getting a res. there as well. American flatbread is another Waitsfield/Warren option but all they really have is thin crust pizza.

BTW, I am not going to make it at all for this gathering. Have a commitment for Monday evening close to home.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Friday: Sugarbush South (Lincoln Peak): Base of Super Bravo Express Quad
Saturday: Sugarbush North (Mt. Ellen): Base of Green Mountain Express Quad

Heads up that if the snow is really good I may make a pitch for defecting to MRG on one of these days. :duck:. Won't know until late in the game, naturally.

Reactions: mdf

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
American flatbread is another Waitsfield/Warren option
If you really want to hear a spun-up rant, get @James started on trying to eat there.

Mad Taco (fairly near Sugarbush) is low-ambience but great food and a fantastic beer selection. All the big-name Vt brews.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Speaking of which, @James , are you going to be back in-country by then? We'd all love to ski with you again.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Heads up that if the snow is really good I may make a pitch for defecting to MRG on one of these days. :duck:. Won't know until late in the game, naturally.

From the Mad River Glenn conditions page: "These conditions are rivaling some of the best in MRG's history and with even more snow in the forecasts there may never be a better time to experience MRG."

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
From the Mad River Glenn conditions page: "These conditions are rivaling some of the best in MRG's history and with even more snow in the forecasts there may never be a better time to experience MRG."

As Kevin says elsewhere, Friday would probably be the day.

Unfortunately in I'm not skiing anywhere unless I start kicking this flu a lot faster. :(

20180316_080325.jpg

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
FYI on sunday at Stowe ill be there at 7:30 am , by 9am the it can be pretty crowded these days.

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Team Gathermeister
Meetup info changed by popular demand to include Mad River Glen on Friday. See first post for new details.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Liftopia ticket purchased :thumb:

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Really sad to miss out on the MRG day. P and I roll into town late Friday night...I was thinking of maybe going there Sunday. we’ll See...

Sponsor

Staff online