• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Pens are due for another one ...

Ee2hqVSXoAc_m4W
I hope they draft the next Alex Daigle..
Unlikely. That guy Lemieux seems to know a few things about young hockey prospects. :D

What, an 8 in 1 chance for the #1 pick but if they are that lucky didn't the Pens trade the #1 pick for Zucker?

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What, an 8 in 1 chance for the #1 pick but if they are that lucky didn't the Pens trade the #1 pick for Zucker?

I just looked this up ..originally it was the 2020 pick if the Pens make the playoffs, the 2021 pick if they don’t — and I don’t know if the play-in counts as play-OFF. More googling ... Yeah they don’t have to decide whether to send Minnesota the draft pick until after the lottery. So they are in.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
@SBrown, thanks for the leg work. The Pens have been lucky in the draft lottery before even when they won just the 2nd pick in the first round when they got Malkin and the Caps took Ovie with the #1 pick. Hindsight says that Malkin has been a better fit with the Pens and Crosby than Ovie would have been. I think the Pens have run out of luck. I've been really privileged to watch Lemieux, Crosby and Malkin not to mention the other great players play here and have the home team enjoy so much success. If the Pens somehow draft another generational player well that would be something else.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Getting pushed around just like last playoffs. We need a goon. Someone call Tom Wilson..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Jordan Staal for rocked. That's the B's though... Love that team..
It took him a year to recover from the last concussion. I'm betting he's going to retire. Bruins are total old school hockey, and I do appreciate that.. short of Marchand's dirty play. Chara is Hall of Fame all the way. I actually have a Bobby Orr throwback sweater.

Maybe we can trade what's left of Jordy for the Hanson brothers?

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Mike Milbury fell through the thin ice of 'PC' (Approved thought) and will be 'taking some time off'.
He's a color commentator and he gave his opinion based on his experiences. I personally find unfiltered communication the best.
This follows on the heels of Don Cherry speaking his mind (as he ALWAYS did!)
Seems to be less and less reason to watch hockey these days. Mostly a side of game in a government run program. No thanks!

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Capitals not signing Trotz to continue as coach after winning Stanley Cup in 2018 and going with Reirden is now looking like the ultimate FAIL.:facepalm:

scott43

Skier
I have personally always thought Mike to be fool.
Well he DID beat a fan in the stands with his own shoe..... :roflmao: Employers have behaviour codes..same applies to all of us unless you have your own business... JR (Roenick) got boondoggled the same way. Free speech is only free if someone ain't paying you when you're saying it!

scott43

Skier
Capitals not signing Trotz to continue as coach after winning Stanley Cup in 2018 and going with Reirden is now looking like the ultimate FAIL.:facepalm:
I like Trotz..you know though, not judging..sometimes coaches just run their course. I don't know if that's the case..but some good coaches get fired even though you KNOW it's not the coaches fault...but the other options aren't great either.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I like Trotz..you know though, not judging..sometimes coaches just run their course. I don't know if that's the case..but some good coaches get fired even though you KNOW it's not the coaches fault...but the other options aren't great either.
It seemed at the time that the Caps got cheap and wouldn't meet his salary demands. Which seems weird after a guy just coached you to first stanley cup in franchise history? And also someone in management might have thought Reirden was the real reason they won the cup? Maybe @JohnL will weigh in on this. He follows the Caps a lot closer than me.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Well he DID beat a fan in the stands with his own shoe..... :roflmao: Employers have behaviour codes..same applies to all of us unless you have your own business... JR (Roenick) got boondoggled the same way. Free speech is only free if someone ain't paying you when you're saying it!

It'll all gone WAY too far.
In the world they want to create everyone would be just the same and parrot all the phrases they are told too. No thanks...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It'll all gone WAY too far.
In the world they want to create everyone would be just the same and parrot all the phrases they are told too. No thanks...
It's more about listening and understanding than it is about talking. Rather than jumping to defend something others deemed offensive, why not step back and try to better understand why it's offensive to them and how to avoid offending others the same way? There are ways to communicate and influence without offending people.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
It's more about listening and understanding than it is about talking. Rather than jumping to defend something others deemed offensive, why not step back and try to better understand why it's offensive to them and how to avoid offending others the same way? There are ways to communicate and influence without offending people.

You got that right out of the PC handbook...well done :doh:

Sponsor

Staff online