• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Get it back on track please.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Wow, the Avs getting completely bombarded the 2nd half of that period. I don’t think that 4th goal went in and I don’t see how the ref could have seen it cross the line from behind the net. Thinking he reacted to the stars players reactions and there was no evidence to change the call he made on the ice.

I’ve got them going to the finals this year but without Grubauer they might be in trouble..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Wow, the Avs getting completely bombarded the 2nd half of that period. I don’t think that 4th goal went in and I don’t see how the ref could have seen it cross the line from behind the net. Thinking he reacted to the stars players reactions and there was no evidence to change the call he made on the ice.

I’ve got them going to the finals this year but without Grubauer they might be in trouble..
I grew up in Minnesota from 2nd grade through high school. Went to some North stars games and followed them but they never made it to the finals. Moved to Dallas area after college, well couple years after that so did The Stars. I was there when they won the cup in 1999. Super cool. Minnesota friends were pretty pissed though.

Anyway happy to see them doing well since my current home team fell flat against Boston again this season.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I want to see the Islanders versus the Stars. Looks like most other folks I know are wanting it to be the Bruins and the Avs

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
When Rutherford was first hired by the Pens I thought WTF? Then he caught lightning in a bottle and constructed teams that won back to back. Now it just looks like he is in love with making bold trades. I can understand tying to win another one while the core can still play at a decent level but I don't think the team will be that good for years to come after the Crosby/Malkin era is done. Kapanen will certainly be a better fit with Crosby than Sheary was this last season. Maybe the Pens will be draft lucky again in my lifetime but I doubt it. Crosby/ Malkin and Lemieux/Jagr for a third time?

Don't squander that first round pick!

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Almost ready to get on the Canuck's bandwagon,

I didn't think they looked the better team during the second period last night, but so far they have had great shot blocking , a committed team effort, good goal tending and some fast skilled forwards that have made the best of their opportunities.

Going to be tough getting by Vegas but I didn't think they could knock off the Blues either.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
These final 8 series have been really good. Flyers come charging back against the Islanders to force a game 7.

Caught the last half and OT of today's game and wasn't disappointment.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Almost ready to get on the Canuck's bandwagon,

I didn't think they looked the better team during the second period last night, but so far they have had great shot blocking , a committed team effort, good goal tending and some fast skilled forwards that have made the best of their opportunities.

Going to be tough getting by Vegas but I didn't think they could knock off the Blues either.
Too late. Shots were like 30-8...

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Capitals not signing Trotz to continue as coach after winning Stanley Cup in 2018 and going with Reirden is now looking like the ultimate FAIL.
Barry Trotz had a summer home in Vernon, B.C. A few years ago when the Canucks were in need of a coach (an almost annual event) Trotz was unemployed and lot of folks were upset when the Canucks took a pass. They have yet to recover, including tonight's exit from the playoffs.

scott43

Skier
Thatcher Demko. Remember that name... Canucks shouldn't have won but they're getting better. Good foundation for a year or two from now.. Robin Lehner is a big man... :geek:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
And the final four is NY Islanders and three DEEP SOUTH teams.

NYI vs TBL

Dallas Stars vs VGKs

Guess I'm the only one still interested... :huh:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I think the clock will strike midnight on the Islanders against the Bolts. Tampa is probably going to win it all, easily. I'd rather Dallas or NY win, but Lightning is looking pretty damned good.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I watch Dallas when i remember. Pavelski is kinda the home boy.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

I wasn't too worried about that at the time because Frankie had been really good as backup all season ... but :eek: . Good to know he was (apparently) injured too. With Johnson and Calvert (more important than most non-fans know) and Donskoi gone, and THEN Landeskog -- who would have missed rest of playoffs, per reports -- it was just too much. Too bad. There's always next year! (Which is coming up really soon...). I would love to see a Tampa-Vegas finals. SOunds fun.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid