• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Le Hockey

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
While I'm certainly happy to see the Habs move on, this has to be one of the bigger upsets so far.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
While I'm certainly happy to see the Habs move on, this has to be one of the bigger upsets so far.
The Pens just haven't competed that hard for a while. I've seen them as kind of in decline. And hey in a short series it's sometimes hot goal trending that wins it. And Carey Price...

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The Pens just haven't competed that hard for a while. I've seen them as kind of in decline. And hey in a short series it's sometimes hot goal trending that wins it. And Carey Price...

Pens are due for another one ...

Ee2hqVSXoAc_m4W

James

Out There
Instructor
Wow, that Toronto - Columbus game was crazy. Leafs down 3-0 with like 6 minutes left.
The other night it was Columbus coming back from 3.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Pens played the Flyers an exhibition game the other night. Pens lost in OT but they looked like the team that faltered after the all-star break instead of the team that played so well when dealing with multiple players lost to injuries prior to the break. Dumb turnovers, defensemen caught up ice and a lousy powerplay. Sullivan maybe should sit down some stars and tell the team they are out with injury. :huh:

...They are favored to win and win handily and that has me worried that the overconfident, impatient, superstar who tries to win singlehanded Pens are going to show up in this series. I've seen this very talented team falter too often to be as confident about victory as the Pittsburgh sports media appears to be. That's the big question for me. Which Pens team will show up tonight.

My assessment turned out to be right but as scott43 said, Price won this match for the Habs. Yes, the Pens are in somewhat of a decline but still have a lot more talent than not. Both Malkin and Crosby are skating well but the back of the net has been hard to find in this series. There is something wrong with this team, has been for years now but as SBrown points out, they are now in the lottery for the #1 draft pick. I thought the Habs had another thing going for them, low expectations and nothing really to lose. They played a good game and got a much deserved win.

Being the homer that I am I'll turn my attention to the Steelers and the coming NFL season and watch as the NFL learns about pandemics just as the MLB is doing now. Really now, shouldn't we be using all that testing at hot spots around the country instead of on "20 and 30 something" millionaires? Well, I guess they're not all millionaires.

Have fun Hockey fans. I'll see you in the next season's thread.

scott43

Skier
I mean they've been good at first round picks... But that's only part of the story.. Edmonton has had first round picks. I think it's more team culture and the organization. Pitt will turn it around but they need to retool a little bit...

Sponsor

Staff online